Switch to Forum Live View Might I be going to far.
6 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2008 - 12:20PM #1
moyzo1
recently I have been saying in conversations both online and offline about religion.

If god exists I figure that to equal the malevolence of him you would need to combine the 100 worst villains of history and the 100 worst villains of literature and even that would not be near enough.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 11:20PM #2
mohanchous
All those villains are the brainchildren of God. Certainly they did not live up to his hopes.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 11:49PM #3
labratcat
I imagine a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, etc. could switch malevolence to benevolence and worst villains to best saints and make the same statement.

Edit:  Here's an instant message I just had with one of my Catholic friends (who is quite lukewarm about her faith)

Me: Hey, quick question.  "To equal the benevolence of God, you would need to combine the 100 best saints of history and the 100 best saints of literature and even that would not be near enough."  Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Friend: Yes, exactly!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 11:49PM #4
labratcat
I imagine a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, etc. could switch malevolence to benevolence and worst villains to best saints and make the same statement.

Edit:  Here's an instant message I just had with one of my Catholic friends (who is quite lukewarm about her faith)

Me: Hey, quick question.  "To equal the benevolence of God, you would need to combine the 100 best saints of history and the 100 best saints of literature and even that would not be near enough."  Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Friend: Yes, exactly!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook