Page 10 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Switch to Forum Live View Law of Attraction Within New Thought
4 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2010 - 9:08PM #91
Myownpath

Does the Law of Attraction work if you do nothing?

Thanks Namchuck for the Hope Bradford suggestion. It seems she channeled Kaun Yin. Gary Renard also channeled --Jesus but has the whole Course of Miracles camps yelling fraud. He was a pot smoking, potato couch musician. It seems Bradford was also in the creative field -- art.

Hey, got to go I have a painting lesson with Monet and then John Singer Sargeant. Maybe I'll write a book. Painting lessons channeled from the Great artists. Hmm wonder if it will sell?

How come channeling seems a bit limited to spiritual endeavors? I guess in other areas you would need to have real talent in your own right, but then you'll be able to legitimately credit who influenced you without claiming you're a channeler.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2010 - 3:58AM #92
Namchuck

Jun 14, 2010 -- 9:08PM, Myownpath wrote:

Does the Law of Attraction work if you do nothing?

Thanks Namchuck for the Hope Bradford suggestion. It seems she channeled Kaun Yin. Gary Renard also channeled --Jesus but has the whole Course of Miracles camps yelling fraud. He was a pot smoking, potato couch musician. It seems Bradford was also in the creative field -- art.

Hey, got to go I have a painting lesson with Monet and then John Singer Sargeant. Maybe I'll write a book. Painting lessons channeled from the Great artists. Hmm wonder if it will sell?

How come channeling seems a bit limited to spiritual endeavors? I guess in other areas you would need to have real talent in your own right, but then you'll be able to legitimately credit who influenced you without claiming you're a channeler.

Did you mean to say that 'channeling is limiting to spiritual endeavors'?

If so, I wholeheartedly agree.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2010 - 7:08AM #93
Myownpath

Probably both. It would be limiting since your not taking credit or responsibility for what is being said.

I don't seem to hear much about great (living)chefs or artists, business people etc. claim to be channeling 1000 year old warriors to assist them with their creative/business pursuits-- maybe their spirit guide or inspiration from God.Possibly some may claim to channel Picasso or Julia Child but I don't seem to hear about it, nor are series of books written about "me, my art, and my spiritual warrior guide." They let what they do shine because they can DO and don't need to talk about it.Usually you need to probe into their biography for them to give credit to God, but it is usually not in the forefront of what they do. ('My art is my sermon' ,'my life is my sermon')

Spiritual channelers basically get paid for telling others how to live with no "craft" involved. They are not held accountable. Ramtha went from being a housewife to guru status. What was her craft? telling others how to live. Strange how their personal lives rarely come into play. That's why I say it seems limited to spiritual snake oil sales pitches. The snake oil pitch is their craft.(My sermon is my sermon) It seems that everyone else is busy accomplishing something on their own - not tied to convincing others to do it instead.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2010 - 3:14AM #94
Namchuck

Jun 15, 2010 -- 7:08AM, Myownpath wrote:

Probably both. It would be limiting since your not taking credit or responsibility for what is being said.

I don't seem to hear much about great (living)chefs or artists, business people etc. claim to be channeling 1000 year old warriors to assist them with their creative/business pursuits-- maybe their spirit guide or inspiration from God.Possibly some may claim to channel Picasso or Julia Child but I don't seem to hear about it, nor are series of books written about "me, my art, and my spiritual warrior guide." They let what they do shine because they can DO and don't need to talk about it.Usually you need to probe into their biography for them to give credit to God, but it is usually not in the forefront of what they do. ('My art is my sermon' ,'my life is my sermon')

Spiritual channelers basically get paid for telling others how to live with no "craft" involved. They are not held accountable. Ramtha went from being a housewife to guru status. What was her craft? telling others how to live. Strange how their personal lives rarely come into play. That's why I say it seems limited to spiritual snake oil sales pitches. The snake oil pitch is their craft.(My sermon is my sermon) It seems that everyone else is busy accomplishing something on their own - not tied to convincing others to do it instead.

I'm sorry, but what did I say that I am supposedly not taking responsibility for!?

Have I misread the emphasis of your post, or are you under the misapprehension that I take 'channeling' seriously?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2010 - 6:32AM #95
Myownpath

I'm sorry, but what did I say that I am supposedly not taking responsibility for!?     Have I misread the emphasis of your post, or are you under the misapprehension that I take 'channeling' seriously?

What? I think you either misread the post or I wasn't clear. Channelers, by claiming a spirit told them something, are off the hook (by followers) because they do not take ownership nor responsibility for what is being said. Also claiming something as old or great gives it credibility to some people. If I quote something by a great person of history vs. I say something original but along the lines of that historical quote, people will choose the dead man's words even if my view has an iota more of truth.

By the way you have serious spacing issues. I noticed that lots of lines are added each time you edit.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2010 - 11:54PM #96
Namchuck

Jun 17, 2010 -- 6:32AM, Myownpath wrote:

I'm sorry, but what did I say that I am supposedly not taking responsibility for!?     Have I misread the emphasis of your post, or are you under the misapprehension that I take 'channeling' seriously?

What? I think you either misread the post or I wasn't clear. Channelers, by claiming a spirit told them something, are off the hook (by followers) because they do not take ownership nor responsibility for what is being said. Also claiming something as old or great gives it credibility to some people. If I quote something by a great person of history vs. I say something original but along the lines of that historical quote, people will choose the dead man's words even if my view has an iota more of truth.

By the way you have serious spacing issues. I noticed that lots of lines are added each time you edit.

I obviously misread your post. Apologies.

I agree with everything you say here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2010 - 10:59PM #97
DrWillinChina

What a refreshing discussion of the Law of Attraction. Lately I've been dismayed at the oversimplification and wishful thinking of some friends with whom I've discussed this subject. And sadly, their judgmental attitude towards those who don't see it so uncritically is not helping any one.

The basic principle of LoA is probably as old as humanity itself and there have no doubt been times in the past when pop culture got hold of the idea and some people made money. The Internet has really opened up the whole thing, sometimes to the stage where there is so much information that it becomes overwhelming. But let's keep the possibilities in mind.

From my understanding, LoA is simply a shift in personal psychology, a change in belief about ourself and our worth, that allows for some self-fulfilling prophecies. For example, I'm alone and lonely and in the quiet spaces of my thoughts I tell myself "I'm not handsome. I'm not clever. I'm not rich. Who would want me?"

Then I have a change of thinking, inspired by LoA teaching or whatever, with the result that I begin to alter my self esteem, change my habits and behaviours, and before long some of the things or situations for which I'm longing are manifest, physically. I meet some new and interesting people, make new friends, and perhaps find a partner.

If we read and listen to simple, honest teachers and keep to the simple facts that have been around for a very long time we won't line the pockets of the New Age gurus, channelers, and charlatans who would have us believe there is special knowledge, new scientific breakthroughs, or another "paradigm shift" that will get us that new Ferrari or the mansion by the sea.

Question everything and make love the driving force.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2010 - 1:52AM #98
Vardu

Sep 27, 2010 -- 10:59PM, DrWillinChina wrote:

What a refreshing discussion of the Law of Attraction. Lately I've been dismayed at the oversimplification and wishful thinking of some friends with whom I've discussed this subject. And sadly, their judgmental attitude towards those who don't see it so uncritically is not helping any one.

The basic principle of LoA is probably as old as humanity itself and there have no doubt been times in the past when pop culture got hold of the idea and some people made money. The Internet has really opened up the whole thing, sometimes to the stage where there is so much information that it becomes overwhelming. But let's keep the possibilities in mind.

From my understanding, LoA is simply a shift in personal psychology, a change in belief about ourself and our worth, that allows for some self-fulfilling prophecies. For example, I'm alone and lonely and in the quiet spaces of my thoughts I tell myself "I'm not handsome. I'm not clever. I'm not rich. Who would want me?"

Then I have a change of thinking, inspired by LoA teaching or whatever, with the result that I begin to alter my self esteem, change my habits and behaviours, and before long some of the things or situations for which I'm longing are manifest, physically. I meet some new and interesting people, make new friends, and perhaps find a partner.

If we read and listen to simple, honest teachers and keep to the simple facts that have been around for a very long time we won't line the pockets of the New Age gurus, channelers, and charlatans who would have us believe there is special knowledge, new scientific breakthroughs, or another "paradigm shift" that will get us that new Ferrari or the mansion by the sea.

Question everything and make love the driving force.

Great post, and welcome to B'Net!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2010 - 5:17PM #99
glendalee2585

Learning to manifest took quite a lot for me. So many life scripts I had written for myself until I began to break those bonds. Then i had another issue to overcome. What is the difference between abudance and wealth. I thought I was not manifesting because my finances never really improved much. Then I began to notice what I had with my limited financial resources and discovered that in many ways I am rich. I used to overly plan for the future but now I am open to the changing wind of spirit.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 10 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook