Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Law of Attraction Within New Thought
4 years ago  ::  May 11, 2010 - 3:29PM #71
williejhonlo

May 10, 2010 -- 11:42PM, Revjohn wrote:

Yet another thread degenerates into an argument over materialism versus transcendentalism.  No law of attraction operant here. 

Your right, we should keep the topic on the law of attraction.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 12, 2010 - 3:19AM #72
Namchuck

May 11, 2010 -- 3:29PM, williejhonlo wrote:

May 10, 2010 -- 11:42PM, Revjohn wrote:

Yet another thread degenerates into an argument over materialism versus transcendentalism.  No law of attraction operant here. 

Your right, we should keep the topic on the law of attraction.

That would be a safer option for you, Williehonlo.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 13, 2010 - 5:18AM #73
sixth step phobia

Well namchuck freedom from the excesses of the ego definitely release me from a heap of suffering

What i cant explain away is the arising joy that seems to have no cause materially?

Even more amazing is how with the ego out of the way i am able to intuitively handle situations which use to baffle me

The amazing brain still comes up with crazy thoughts yet "I" dont become attached to them anymore

who or what is the "I" that can laugh at (and no longer get suckered by) the absurd and insane trickery of compulsive conditioning my brain absorbed through childhood and early adulthood?

Am i accessing knowledge and wisdom from my brain that is built in over millenia such as jungs theory of collective consciousness

Are there any scientific theories that would explain such phenomena?

Spiritual awakening is awakening from the dream of thought
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 14, 2010 - 4:19AM #74
Namchuck

May 13, 2010 -- 5:18AM, sixth step phobia wrote:

Well namchuck freedom from the excesses of the ego definitely release me from a heap of suffering

What i cant explain away is the arising joy that seems to have no cause materially?

Even more amazing is how with the ego out of the way i am able to intuitively handle situations which use to baffle me

The amazing brain still comes up with crazy thoughts yet "I" dont become attached to them anymore

who or what is the "I" that can laugh at (and no longer get suckered by) the absurd and insane trickery of compulsive conditioning my brain absorbed through childhood and early adulthood?

Am i accessing knowledge and wisdom from my brain that is built in over millenia such as jungs theory of collective consciousness

Your joy, which I do not doubt for a moment, likely has a very definite material basis, sixth step. In fact, neuroscience is closing in on the material basis of these things literally by the week!

And simply because feelings such as joy, love, empathy, etc, might have a material basis does not in anyway reduce their importance or value.

The brain is amazing, but its billions of neurons with their trillions of linkages is sufficient to explain its wonders.

There is now very compelling evidence that consciousness, for instance, is a property of the specific anatomy of the brain albeit a number of regions collaborating in unison at any one time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 14, 2010 - 12:59PM #75
Audrey

There's been a great deal of research on the brain and the power of our thoughts.  I agree this is a good area to explore and learn more about.  Lately I've been gaining some good insight from a wonderful new author, Hope Bradford, whose book entitled, "Beneficial Law of Attraction," helps you to navigate the power of your thoughts and how to focus through the techniques of Kuan Yin.  You should check it out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 14, 2010 - 5:26PM #76
Namchuck

Check out Hope Bradford's book by any means if gobbledygook mysticism channelled from a supposed Buddhist goddess is your thing. Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 16, 2010 - 6:18PM #77
williejhonlo

May 14, 2010 -- 4:19AM, Namchuck wrote:

Your joy, which I do not doubt for a moment, likely has a very definite material basis, sixth step. In fact, neuroscience is closing in on the material basis of these things literally by the week!

And simply because feelings such as joy, love, empathy, etc, might have a material basis does not in anyway reduce their importance or value.

The brain is amazing, but its billions of neurons with their trillions of linkages is sufficient to explain its wonders.

There is now very compelling evidence that consciousness, for instance, is a property of the specific anatomy of the brain albeit a number of regions collaborating in unison at any one time.

How do these neurons relate to the law of attraction?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 17, 2010 - 3:39AM #78
Namchuck

May 16, 2010 -- 6:18PM, williejhonlo wrote:

Depends on which brain the neurons are functioning in.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 18, 2010 - 3:57PM #79
williejhonlo

May 17, 2010 -- 3:39AM, Namchuck wrote:

The law of attraction seems to be something mystical to me though. If you were to ask someone what attracts you to a person you would propably enumerate some qualities like he or she is sexy or cute or you like their style. These qualities can't be expressed in mathematical language, yet we are attracted and drawn by these qualities. We can be attracted by the power and confidence a person exudes. I don't think you can equate these qualities to neurons.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 19, 2010 - 3:50AM #80
Namchuck

May 18, 2010 -- 3:57PM, williejhonlo wrote:

May 17, 2010 -- 3:39AM, Namchuck wrote:

The law of attraction seems to be something mystical to me though. If you were to ask someone what attracts you to a person you would propably enumerate some qualities like he or she is sexy or cute or you like their style. These qualities can't be expressed in mathematical language, yet we are attracted and drawn by these qualities. We can be attracted by the power and confidence a person exudes. I don't think you can equate these qualities to neurons.

People are no more in the habit of attributing such qualities as you enumerate to neurons anymore than they are inclined to attribute their biases and prejudices to their particular and ingrained unconscious conditioning. Anyway, such qualities - attractive or otherwise - and their particular permutations within an individual is genetically rather than neuronally based.

One shouldn't confuse the two.

While there is much about neurons, consciousness, and genes that is mysterious and yet to be fleshed out, there is nothing  "mystical" about any of it.  After all, for a long time we didn't know what caused lightning, but eventually the notion based on Zeus's anger did turn out to be wrong.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook