Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Law of Attraction Within New Thought
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2009 - 6:01PM #1
New_mnt_man
Obviously the Law of Attraction (and other laws) is utilized within New Thought.

I thought it would be an interesting thread for participants to share how they use the Law of Attraction and other laws in their religious / spiritual practice.

Since I came up with 8 values that I thought would be helpful for me to concentrate on, as part of the final exam I did in a Religious Science Foundations Course, I have recently realized that I can visualize my values as manifesting in the future / already manifesting, and that this would be -- er -- a valuable thing to do on a regular basis.

I havn't discovered anything new -- I just added identifying one's prioritized values with the use of creative visualization to manifest what we want.  (In other words, our prioritized list of values, or our top values, is what we want.  They may not be specific as values, but our imaginations will get specific when we creatively visualize the values.  I think we all have to prioritize values in order to spend our limited and precious time on what is important to us -- at least I know I do otherwise I'll waste all sorts of time on activities that are not truly important to me.)

I look forward to hearing others' uses of such Laws (and/or to feedback on the idea of visualizing one's top values (which isn't fully a new idea, but might be a new twist?))
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2009 - 9:08PM #2
TigersEyeDowsing
The LoA isn't just ulitized by New Thought - it IS New Thought!  The writers of "The Secret" got most of their source material from Robert Collier's The Secret of the Ages from 1926, which I think I uploaded to my site last year but embarrasingly haven't read.  I HAVE read Florence Shinn's writings on the LoA which is written in almost "Lessons In Truth" style, easy to read and full of personal demonstrations. ( http://www.conures.net/shinn/shinn.shtml )

Now as to the actual topic of the thread... I've not been manifesting much at all lately, but in the past I've manifested a reliable car I could afford, a partner, an apartment for myself and my partner, and a house for myself once we split.  I've been quite disheartened because I met someone I thought was for me, manifested what appeared to be a perfect relationship, and watched it fall apart when it turned out not to be the case. Then I got my hands on Florence's work and read that we should manifest the husband/wife that's planned for us in Divine Mind, not the specific person we may think we want.  Heh. So I'm working on learning how to apply 'divine will" to what I wish to visualize and it's a lot harder than what I'd been doing. 

What a great idea to manifest more spiritual growth.  I had never thought of doing that.  Now I have a new project. :)
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2009 - 11:30PM #3
New_mnt_man
i've got some major manifesting to do TigersEye as well.  I am sorry to hear of your false start with the relationship.  It seems to me if you find someone within the same faith that is a very good start -- you have the same belief system and similar values.

I have manic depression (bipolar disorder,) although a relatively fortunate case, and sometimes I just plain don't feel up to manfesting.  But it might be a blessing in disguise in a way as the not feeling well times is an incentive for me to get more in touch with the spiritual.  Today I did a hike in nature which is meditation for me, and I hadn't done in my new location (hiking) that since I moved from the mountains beginning of July.  It made a world of difference, although it didn't last forever.  I'm under a ton of stress right now so I think that is why it isn't seeming like the benefits of the walk have lasted long enough.

When the going gets tough, we have no choice but to get going, and hopefully we'll be better people for it -- i.e. improved spiritual practice habits - which will make the better times even better.

I wasn't thinking of it as manifesting spiritual growth, although spirituality was one of the 8 values I came up with to try to limit my time spent during any given day.  So family being one of the other 7, I visualize family, and start day dreaming of having with the kids and taking them to theme parks and movies and the park and what not -- which to a certain extent we do already (the low budget stuff anyways.)  Then I go down the list and day dream about the other values.  Manifesting a trip to Disneyland or a new car or relationship may be something that a lot of people do, but they may not have it organized into a list of top values, which is what I think would be a good way to organize what you want.  Steven Covey is the values guy isn't he?  7 habits of highly successful people -- and I think I remember his saying something about values.  But I do not believe he tied values with visualizating / manifesting them.  Nothing new, just putting 2 and 2 together.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 12:03AM #4
New_mnt_man
And in more detail if you're still reading : ) , here are my 8 top values of which to prioritize my time (which of course may change they are not written in stone:)

Abundance, Financial Freedom, Family, Friends, Lifelong Learning, Spirituality, Health, and Fun

So I can meditate / visualize / daydream on them one at a time, or blending some together into one visualization, and the visualization will then come up with the individual particular experiences I seek to manifest.  I'm no expert on LOA yet and still need to practice / brush up.  Procter has a site selling a kit for ninety seven dollars on the Net I noticed when googling something just now, where he claims The Secret is not complete.  I might get just as soon as I manifest mo' money.  : )

p.s. Now of course as a business major, it can't just stop at daydreaming in my non-expert opinion.  The daydream is the mission statement.  One must then put together the business plan and of course execute it.  *Co*-creation.  I don't have enough faith to believe I'll win the lottery by daydreaming abundance and financial freedom.  I do have enough faith to expect some coincidences to happen.  But I am skeptical and practical enough to assume that we have to do most of the manifesting ourselves.  "God gives the nuts (opportunities) but he does not crack them." -- German Proverb
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2009 - 3:21AM #5
Teka
LoA brings out my tendancy to argue.  What I am truely amazed at is the grace that seems to save me from negative outcomes of my less than sterling thoughts. 

Right now I am going to start the multi phase cataract surgery.  This is not the first time I have been cut on and they all went extremely well. Nonetheless, someone coming at my eye with a sharp object while I am fully alert and aware looms large and scary in my mind.  I can set those feelings aside for large blocks of time, but they  leap out again and again.  When having dental work done I have been known to imagine angels holding my hands. Looks like I maybe call on them again.

My impression of LoA would be to try and make me feel guilty about not holding entirely positive thoughts about this event.  I am very encouraged by others and imagine I will have much improved perception of color and distance. And I hold a picture of my 2 insurances actually covering this in the manner the doctors have suggested.  And I imagine that a perfect peace will envelop me a the necessary time.  In the meantime several times a day , when I have to wash my eyes and use eye drops I shudder.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 12:44AM #6
KristopherRaphael

Jan 16, 2009 -- 12:03AM, New_mnt_man wrote:

And in more detail if you're still reading : ) , here are my 8 top values of which to prioritize my time (which of course may change they are not written in stone:)  Abundance, Financial Freedom, Family, Friends, Lifelong Learning, Spirituality, Health, and Fun

Those are great piorities Mtn Man. Priorities are an important part of activating the Law of Attraction and being in The Flow.

Kristopher

The Law of Attraction

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 10:41AM #7
Loniemc

I come out of 12 step programs where one of the first things I learned is to give up my will for God's will, so manifesting has been a little uncomfortable for me. However, I found that if I attune to God's will and set my manifestations within that sphere, it feels right.

I am currently manifesting some new energies (honor, detachment with love, divine wisdom, worth, esteem, confidence, productivity, focus, and dilligence). I am also manifesting two situations: that I complete an academically sound dissertation that will be helpful to society by December of this year and that I find the right job for me where I can be of maximum service in a community that I can enjoy and meets my needs.

Geez, that's a mouthful!

with love and light, Lonie

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 10:04PM #8
KristopherRaphael

Jun 11, 2009 -- 10:41AM, Loniemc wrote:

I come out of 12 step programs where one of the first things I learned is to give up my will for God's will, so manifesting has been a little uncomfortable for me. However, I found that if I attune to God's will and set my manifestations within that sphere, it feels right.

with love and light, Lonie

Hi Lonie,

What if God's will is for you to manifest your desires? Ever noticed that when you bring a new desire into fruition, you grow and expand? If you manifest a new house for the first time, your experience of being a homeowner grows, for example. What if God wants you to grow and expand because, as you are part of God's creation, as you grow, so does God.

Love and Light,

Kristopher

The Law of Attraction and The Golden Flow

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2009 - 11:08PM #9
Loniemc

Jun 11, 2009 -- 10:04PM, KristopherRaphael wrote:

What if God's will is for you to manifest your desires? Ever noticed that when you bring a new desire into fruition, you grow and expand? If you manifest a new house for the first time, your experience of being a homeowner grows, for example. What if God wants you to grow and expand because, as you are part of God's creation, as you grow, so does God.

Good point, Kristopher. That is what I have come to believe. I did have to reach a place where my desires where in align with God's will before that was comfortable. Before that, when I had been steeped in fear and selfishness, I could manifest -- I just didn't get very good results or I regretted what I got. When I align my will to God's, manifesting becomes easier and has better results. I am much happier with the end product.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2009 - 12:34AM #10
KristopherRaphael

Jun 11, 2009 -- 11:08PM, Loniemc wrote:

Jun 11, 2009 -- 10:04PM, KristopherRaphael wrote:

Good point, Kristopher. That is what I have come to believe. I did have to reach a place where my desires where in align with God's will before that was comfortable. Before that, when I had been steeped in fear and selfishness, I could manifest -- I just didn't get very good results or I regretted what I got. When I align my will to God's, manifesting becomes easier and has better results. I am much happier with the end product.

Very nice Lonie.

Authentic desires or Soul Urges come from God, de-sire = of-God. They are a way your Soul communicates with you to urge you to grow, expand and evolve. It is when authentic desires (as opposed to ego desire) come into manifestation that true fulfillment comes.

Love and Light,

Kristopher

Spiritual Travel

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook