Switch to Forum Live View Study beyond the workbook
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 10:31AM #1
Iliketobesmiling
Greetings,

I am specifically looking for a reply from our moderator though I do welcome all comments.

I have just finished the workbook.  I am sensing from Spirit to continue as a teacher of god & of course to continue to study and most importantly apply the lessons of ACIM.  However, I would like to "delve deeper" in my understanding & as a way to better apply and teach what I have experienced as a course student.  Spirit led me here to you, do you have any advice that would help me in my path?

As one.

Love is.  Nothing else is.

Donna Marble
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 5:05PM #2
jjesseph
Hello Donna,

I assume that you've read the Text and Manual for Teachers as well as the two supplementary pamphlets, The Song of Prayer: Prayer, Forgiveness and Healing and Psychotherapy: Purpose, Process and Practice. If not, then reading those parts of the Course material would be one way to go further, Both of the supplementary pamphlets are now included in the new Third Edition of ACIM, but can also be purchased separately from the publisher: https://www.acim.org/miva/merchant.mvc

After over twenty years with the Course, part of that time as a staff member of the Foundation for A Course in Miracles, I am this year on my fourth trip through the Workbook. This time I am using as a companion Kenneth Wapnick's Journey through the Workbook of A Course in Miracles. It is not necessary to go through the Workbook more than once -- that is not suggested in the Course itself -- but for me it has been very helpful to do so. At some future point, if you are so inclined, you might try going back through with Wapnick's companion volume. (I would not suggest that anyone who is new to the Course do that, but instead first go through the Workbook on one's own.)

For delving deeper into the Course (and I certainly think every student is well advised to regard her-or-himself as a beginner in the spirit of the Buddhist concept of "beginner's mind" -- continuing to be open to new and deeper understanding) I highly recommend any and all of the vast array of Kenneth Wapnick's publications, which include books, DVD's and CD's. Ken is the President and central faculty member of the Foundation for A Course in Miracles (FACIM) and you can access his material at the Foundation's Web site: http://www.facim.org/  That Web site contains a vast array of teaching material, so take some time to explore it.

One very helpful Web site contains a transcription of Ken's little book: The Fifty Miracle Principles of A Course in Miracles. I frequently recommend that book or reading it on line here: http://www.miraclestudies.net/50PrincPreface.html

Ken has been with the Course since before it was published and was a close friend and colleague of the scribe, Helen Schucman and her partner in scribing, Bill Thetford. He is the only teacher of the Course that I can recommend without hesitation and he is the only person whom I would say truly represents a graduate of the Course, which means to me that he has attained that state of mind the Course calls "the real world," and that he is a teacher by example as well as in the didactic sense.

You can learn more about Ken here: http://www.miraclestudies.net/KenWapnick.html

Two of his earlier books would be excellent for going further with the Course: Forgiveness and Jesus and Absence from Felicity: The Story of Helen Schucman and Her Scribing of A Course in Miracles. Also, of course, one of his major works, which is in two volumes: The Message of A Course in Miracles.

(By the way, what the Course means by a "teacher of God" is simply someone who practices on a daily basis the ego undoing that is forgiveness -- a teacher by example and not at all necessarily a didactic teacher. I gather that is how you understand it, but just wanted to clarify for the sake of other readers.)

For me, the Course is a life-time undertaking, and again, what that involves is practicing forgiveness which requires constant vigilance against my ego identity with all its subtle ploys and constant seeking for specialness, not to mention the more obvious aspects such as attack thinking and behavior.

Happy Trails and Blessings for your continued journey with the Course,

- Joe
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 6:35PM #3
Iliketobesmiling
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.  I had been getting direction to look at Ken's work.  It fell away for awhile and has just resurfaced through you and this site.  I have read some of Ken's online postings on the foundation's web site.  I have been supplimenting my studies with the Foundation's question and answer service through Derek Best.  It has been most helpful to me.

You have given me valuable resources & I will follow through with many of them.  I have read the course cover to cover and taken the workbook twice now.  I have not yet read the two supplementary pamphlets as my edition is from the 1980's.

As one.

Donna
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2008 - 1:25PM #4
spiritheart
Donna... said info. can be found at this link...
http://acim-search.miraclevision.com/st … index.html

Though I have my own books...I find this site exceptionally valuable if one wants to share a particular passage... I know there are others, but this is the best I have found. 

As we know many have info. to share based on the ACIM principles they learned or (more clearly, remembered)

The truth about words is that they can inspire or reinforce false beliefs... it really depends on ones williness to be guided by the High Self...when we do not yet recognize this part of us, some ffind identification with Holy Spirit (the holder of our true memory) or other entities such as guides, angels, acended masters and Master Teachers, such as Jesus... but all stress the importance of eventually trusting the Master of all Master's that is God Within us...it is at this level or state we do take full ownship and responsibility for our thoughts and more importantly see how they do effect the outer world.

There can be no more blame, (judgment) when we see that we get what we think is possible... since the ego is a very limiting belief system, the possible may seem impossible...and of course as ACIM teached the impossible not only seems possible we call it reality.

peace james
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 4:39PM #5
Bob_Bennett
Dear Donna,

I recommend both of Gary Renard's books, "Disappearance of the Universe" and "Your Immortal Reality"

Have some good reads.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2008 - 9:45AM #6
Iliketobesmiling
Yes thank you Bob.  I did read them.  I found the content very helpful.  I also found it a wonderful example of seeing another course students specialness which I think Gary exhibits beautifully. I see it in him because I see it in myself.

I also found "Take me to Truth, undoing the ego" by  Nouk Sanchez and Tomas Vieira very helpful.

Merging and Emerging in Truth.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook