Switch to Forum Live View Comparison Between Islam And Farrakhanism
7 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2008 - 7:21AM #1
snickers
ISLAM, and so-called "NATION OF ISLAM," are two different religions. The only thing common between them is the jargon, the language used by the both. "The Nation of Islam" is a misnomer; this religion should be called Farrakhanism, after the name of its propagator. The religion of Elijah Muhammad and W.D. Fard died with their death because their officially and popularly elected successor, W.D. Muhammad, integrated the community with the Muslim community at-large, following the Qur'an and Hadith of Prophet Muhammad, sallallahu alaihi wa sallam. Louis Farrakhan joined W.D. Muhammad and gave his pledge of allegiance to him after Elijah Muhammad's death; he later rebelled and broke his oath with impunity, or without paying any expiation, and restarted "The Nation of Islam."
Examine the following comparisons between Islam and Farrakhanism with regard to the belief or practice in each:

BELIEF/PRACTICE

1. GOD/ALLAH ALONE
ISLAM: One Unique, never appeared in any physical form; hence, no physical representation is possible. He is recognized through his 99 names.
FARRAKHANISM: "...Allah (God) appeared in the Person of Master W. Fard Muhammad, July 1930; the long awaited 'Messiah' of the Christians and the 'Mahdi' of the Muslims."

2. PROPHET/MESSENGER
ISLAM: Muhammad (S) is the last Prophet and the last Messenger. No messenger or prophet will come after Muhammad (S).
FARRAKHANISM: Elijah Muhammad was a "Messenger of Allah." Are there any more messengers or prophets to come? Not clear.

3. THE LAST DAY/THE LIFE HEREAFTER
ISLAM: The life on earth as we know it will come to an end; it will be followed by the life hereafter which includes physical resurrection of the entire humankind, judgement and the life of paradise or hell.
FARRAKHANISM: "...BELIEVE in the resurrection of the dead - not in physical resurrection, but in mental resurrection." "No already physically dead person will be in the Hereafter; that is slavery belief, taught to slaves to keep them under control." "When you are dead, you are DEAD."

4. THE QUR'AN
ISLAM: It was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (S) between 610 and 632 C.E. It is the last revelation of Allah to mankind.
FARRAKHANISM: Contradictory beliefs. On one side, "...BELIEVE in the Holy Qur'an and in the scriptures of all the Prophets of God," and on the other side, "We, the original nation of the earth ... are the writers of the Bible and Qur'an. We make such history once every 25,000 years ... it is done by twenty-four of our scientists." "Both the present Bible and the Holy Qur'an must soon give way to the Holy Book..."

5. THE BIBLE
ISLAM: It was revealed to prophets and messengers from Moses (alaihis salam) to Jesus (A) but was corrupted. Authenticity of statements in the Bible are judged by the Qur'an.
FARRAKHANISM: (See their beliefs above regarding the Qur'an)

6. SHAHADAH
ISLAM: It means what it says, that is, Allah is Unseen, He is the Creator, the Sustainer. Mankind is accountable to Him Alone, and Prophet Muhammad (S) of Arabia is the final and ultimate ROLE MODEL; no one can substitute for him.
FARRAKHANISM: A cover up to deceive gullible Muslims. "Allah (God) appeared in the person of Master W. Fard Muhammad," and Muhammad of Arabia (S) was one of the prophets, not a role model for our times. The real role model and lawgiver for our times is Elijah Muhammad.

7. SALAH
ISLAM: Five times a day is required; SALAH (prayer) includes QIYAM (standing), RUKU' (bowing), SAJDA (prostration), JALSA (sitting on the floor) and recitations.
FARRAKHANISM: No five times daily SALAH (prayer); prayer, when done has no RUKU' or SAJDA. Friday is a major congregational prayer day, not for SALAH, but to say DU'A and to listen to a Minister.

8. ZAKAH
ISLAM: Required on accumulated wealth after having in possession for one year above the NISAB (certain limits), as defined in SHARI'A (Islamic law).
FARRAKHANISM: It is a tax as "poor due" on income, similar to income tax. Who benefits?

9. SAWM
ISLAM: Fasting is required in the month of Ramadan, ninth month of Islamic calendar.
FARRAKHANISM: Fasting is required in December only. Fasting in the month of Ramadan is optional.

10. HAJJ
ISLAM: Required once in a lifetime if conditions of finances, health, and safety of travel are met.
FARRAKHANISM: No Hajj requirement. Farrakhan and his cronies take trips to Saudi Arabia, and by the way, to Makkah for the main purpose of image building and to raise funds from gullible rich Arabs.

11. LAWFUL (HALAL); UNLAWFUL (HARAM)
ISLAM: Determined by Allah, the God Alone, announced in the Qur'an or by the Prophet Muhammad (S), recorded in the authentic Hadith sources.
FARRAKHANISM: Determined by W.D. Fard and announced by Elijah Muhammad. The Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad (S) have no relevance nor authority with regard to lawful and unlawful.

12. AUTHENTIC HADITH
ISLAM: An indispensable source of Islamic beliefs and practices, the only source after the Qur'an. Indispensable for the understanding of the Qur'an itself.
FARRAKHANISM: Ignored, if not totally rejected by Farrakhanis. However, the leadership, including Farrakhan himself, may invoke Hadith if it suits their purpose to fool gullible Muslims.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2008 - 7:23AM #2
snickers
KNOWING THE TRUE ISLAM:
There are many groups in America who claim to represent Islam and call their adherents Muslims. Any serious student of Islam has a duty to investigate and find the true Islam. The only two authentic sources which bind every Muslim are, (1) the Qur'an and (2) authentic or sound Hadith. Sometimes, Fiqh is quoted as a source. However, only that part of fiqh is a true source and binding which quotes directly Qur'an and authentic Hadith. All other parts of fiqh are opinions of learned scholars. Since scholars are not prophets or messengers of Allah, they are fallible people. Hence their opinions may be correct or may not be correct; they do not become binding.
Any teachings under the label of "Islam" which contradict or are at variance with the direct understanding of fundamental beliefs and practices of Islam from the Qur'an and authentic Hadith should be rejected, and such a religion should be considered a PSEUDO-ISLAMIC CULT. In America there are many pseudo-Islamic cults, Farrakhanism being one of them. An honest attitude on the part of such cults should be not to call themselves Muslims and their religion Islam. Such an example of honesty is Bahaism which is an off-shoot of Islam, but Bahais do not call themselves Muslims nor their religion, Islam. In fact, Bahaism is not Islam just as Farrakhanism is not Islam.

The foundation of Islam consists of TAWHEED, RISALAH, and AAKHIRAH. And "five pillars" of Islam are SHAHADAH, SALAH, ZAKAH, SAWM and HAJJ. The rest of the building of Islam consists of SHARI'A which includes HARAM and HALAL, RIGHTS and DUTIES, MORAL CODE, CONVEYING THE MESSAGE, IMPLEMENTATION OF THE RULE OF ALLAH and EXCELLENCE in everything Muslims do. Any claims of Islam should be judged on the criteria given in this paragraph. If the foundation and pillars of a building are demolished there is no building left. Such is the case with pseudo-Islamic cults, including Farrakhanism.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2008 - 7:28AM #3
snickers
It's a sick cult.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 11:50PM #4
blacmann48
aww, this is easy, you can compare this to apple and oranges.... Too me the N.O.I  are the true MUSLIMS and follow the the true ISLAM.  W D and the boys has no nuts. looka here ....the N.O.I is in the belly of the Beast right , W D and the boys is all so in the belly of the beast right.... who's calling satan and his offsprings devil to their face, we know who ain't , thats right W D and the boys. he's too busy or was now that 911 has come and gone, too busy trying get the love from satan and his chilluns by telling the world and just as this forum is trying to do  that the N O I  are not true MUSLIMS. OK, Farrakhanism must mean Braveism. He's free not brought like W D. lets take a look, he Farrakhan calls satan and his chilluns devils to their face right here in the belly of the beast, man i mean that takes nuts he got nuts like a gun fighter. Now on the other hand  W D and the boys and those they rep. tried their best to be good amerikkkans flying both flags amerikkkan flag and their national, yeah i seent u , now after all that since 911 who amerikkka reallllllly don't like, those muslims who they say are  connected to those mosques where   world muslim bro whorship , the N O I has been under the gun for year and have stayed stead fast and have'nt wavered in the teaching of the H E M. the devil cant joog our brother and those who follow with that pitch fork not like those who wavered from the teachings you got the FBI sitting in your mosque to make sure another bomber come from your mosque...all though we know they did their own self to make it look like something else. so be cool over there snickster, because all that you bumping dont mean a thing if u ain't got that swing or if don't have the courage to challenge rather than trying too fit in like the sit in's like i see W D and the boys trying to be good amerikkkans

i am

blacmann48
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2008 - 8:11PM #5
Elijahs1disciple
1.  "...Never appeared in any form..."

So true, HE never appeared in any form that you could recognize as BEING HIM.  We who follow Messenger
Muhammad (PBUH) do not place any limitations upon what ALLAH WILL DO OR WILL NOT DO!  We believe
that ALLAH DOES WHAT HE PLEASES!

2.  "...NO messenger...will come after Muhammad (S)."

Holy Qur'an 44:5 & 6:  "A command from Us -- truly We are ever sending messengers --  A mercy from thy
Lord -- truly He is the Hearing, the Knowing."
Why is it so hard to believe that He heard us, the lost nation of 453's?  What do you think is meant when He says,
"...We are EVER SENDING MESSENGERS..."  Why is it so difficult to believe that ALLAH would have "mercy"
upon us, a fallen nation of people:  we lost everything, our names, language, culture, religion and GOD of our
fore fathers, why can't HE raise us up (resurrect) has HE DID with the Hebrews under Pharaoh?  What gives
you the right to say that HE WON'T SEND A messenger to us, because HE SAYS HE IS EVER SENDING
messengers?  Think about it >> ALLAH IS REVEALING THE ABOVE WORDS TO Prophet Muhammad to be
placed within the Holy Qur'an.  If Prophet Muhammad were the last messenger, would ALLAH TELL him to
write that "HE IS EVER SENDING messengers"?

3.  Message to the BlackMan in America; page 219:  "I have no alternative than to tell you that there is not any life beyond the grave.  There is no justice in the sweet bye and bye.  Immortality is NOW, HERE."

There was so much more taught to us in our meetings Wednesday & Friday nights, and  Sunday afternoons, that
you will not find in any of our messengers' literature or speeches.  Messenger Muhammad taught that this
physical body will die away and decay (go back to the earth), however, not the soul/spirit-- this does not die!
He said that the spirit is preserved BY ALLAH until ALLAH Calls it forth.  The question generally asked is,
"What will we come forth in if we are only spirits?  The answer is, "ALLAH MAKES ALL THINGS NEW."
And our bodies come from the earth as all things do.

4.  Where is the contradiction?

5.  ????

6.  We read the Qur'an to learn what was revealed to Prophet Muhammad Ibn Abdullah because the prophecies
of the Qur'an are very relevant today for us, as all other prophecies made by the servants of ALLAH.  We however are in need of a stronger teaching into what has been revealed to Prophet Muhammad.  It's been over
1,300 years since Prophet Muhammad, The Nation of Islam knows that ALLAH would not destroy Iblis' offspring
without first warning a lost Nation of People who are without knowledge of self, GOD or HIS RELIGION (ISLAM).
No foreign tongue could give us this warning, it must come from someone who speaks our language, thereby
we will have no plea, saying we could not understand.

7.  Messenger Muhammad taught 5 prayers daily, unless ill; women excluded, obviously.

8.  Messenger Muhammad taught that we should do for self.  He led by example.  He accomplished more for the
welfare of our people than any other Black man in the history of this country.

9.  Messenger Muhammad chose the month of December to help get us away from parttaking in Christmas;
and it worked!

10. Mesenger Muhammad said if we could afford to make Hajj it would be a wonderous adventure for us.
If it were "required" of us, many of us would sell home, car and any thing of value to obey!

11. I must view the material where you got this information.  I strongly disagree, unless I am grossly misunderstanding you.

12. I am very happy to read your comparisons to Farrakhanism.  You see I do not follow Farrakhan.
I am a follower of Messenger Muhammad and Farrakhan has changed the teachings, law and conformity
of The Nation of Islam.  I do not believe in improving on perfection!
Messenger Muhammad taught that we as a Nation of people must first learn to love self, and, then if we want
to, we can love anybody we so desire!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook