Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Memories. Real or Fake
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 12:56AM #1
othercat
Hi ya'll. I grew up with memories from a past life. Or at least I think I did. I was born in 1979. But I have memories of being in a flood in 1972. Specifically, I remember getting out of a white car in the street next to the post office. I know it was 1972 because it was the only flood we had. I always thought the post office looked funny in my memory. When I was older I found out they put up a fence before I was born. Now I was born in England. When I was 5 my family moved to South Dakota.... To the exact place I have the memory from.
I never thought this memory was wierd or different because it's just always been there. I didn't realize it couldn't be mine until I was in adolescence. I've always believed in past lives and this memory always seemed as real as any other.
So, what do ya'll think? Is there any way to tell if this is a past life  memory?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 8:37AM #2
Urukai
"So, what do ya'll think? Is there any way to tell if this is a past life memory? "

What you described very well could be a past life memory. Can you remember how old you were when you died in that life? Were you old enough to be married? Can you remember names, if not yours, maybe somebody else who lived there with you...? Possibly you could look up town records - births, baptisms, marriage, death certificates...newspaper clippings etc
If you can't remember consciously there are ways to get at more details of those memories that are there...You could go to a licenesed hypnotherapist...you could try a past life meditation and see what comes up.. You could do free associatiion with paper and pen or tape recorder, you could go a psychic...

Hope this helps...
Blessings...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 9:19PM #3
dreamyaquarian
Hello Othercat - You are very lucky to have had these memories and that you knew what they were without being told this.

I highly recommend having  past life regression done, or meditation like Urukai suggests. I was always drawn to certain time eras before having a PL regression done but i hadn't really explored the possibility of past lives. I have undergone 2 seperate regressions and this was one of the most fulfilling, spiriual events of my life. I know i couldn't have made any of this up as frankly, i'm not that good at imagination. I felt very comfortable with both people who guided me through my lives. I could smell, sense, see and feel emotions in each of the lives i was presented with. I also know one person from this lifetime who appeared in all of the lives i saw, which explained many things about the life i am living now.

Good Luck,

Dreamy
XXXXX
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2008 - 10:09PM #4
Nay_ho_tze
Hello othercat:

Welcome to Beliefnet’s Reincarnation and Past Life forum.

What you describe could very well be a past life memory,
but as the regulars will tell you,
I'm not one to advise you to seek outside help.
All the information you seek is inside you -
and it is far better to access it for yourself
than to have a third party do it for you.
To explore why a do-it-yourself approach is preferable,
[COLOR=royalblue]click here to access a thread titled “Reincarnation 101." [/COLOR]
Additionally, [COLOR=royalblue]this thread of Frequently Asked Questions is an excellent subject overview.[/COLOR]

Also, since this is the non-debate learn-about board,
I like to let newcomers know that you can [COLOR=royalblue]click here [/COLOR]
to access R&PL in Beliefnet’s debate and general discussion forum.

Again, welcome to the forum
It’s very nice to have you with us.

NHT
R&PL
host
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2008 - 10:09PM #5
Nay_ho_tze
Hello othercat:

Welcome to Beliefnet’s Reincarnation and Past Life forum.

What you describe could very well be a past life memory,
but as the regulars will tell you,
I'm not one to advise you to seek outside help.
All the information you seek is inside you -
and it is far better to access it for yourself
than to have a third party do it for you.
To explore why a do-it-yourself approach is preferable,
[COLOR=royalblue]click here to access a thread titled “Reincarnation 101." [/COLOR]
Additionally, [COLOR=royalblue]this thread of Frequently Asked Questions is an excellent subject overview.[/COLOR]

Also, since this is the non-debate learn-about board,
I like to let newcomers know that you can [COLOR=royalblue]click here [/COLOR]
to access R&PL in Beliefnet’s debate and general discussion forum.

Again, welcome to the forum
It’s very nice to have you with us.

NHT
R&PL
host
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2008 - 4:47AM #6
DotNotInOz

dreamyaquarian wrote:

I have undergone 2 seperate regressions and this was one of the most fulfilling, spiriual events of my life....I felt very comfortable with both people who guided me through my lives. I could smell, sense, see and feel emotions in each of the lives i was presented with....

I'm one of the few ol' regulars in this forum who will agree with Dreamy that guided regression can be very helpful, especially for people unaccustomed to meditation and/or uncertain about the validity of past lives.

That said, my initial regressions were in a group via guided fantasy conducted by an experienced regressionist. While I've never undergone an individual regression aided by a professional, I found that group guided fantasy worked quite well for me since I'd had past life "breakthroughs" since childhood.

If you decide to consult a professional, I recommend being as certain as possible beforehand that you feel comfortable with the person who will conduct the regression. A licensed hypnotherapist with regression experience is a good idea if you live where you can find one as you have some assurance of the person's qualifications. Otherwise, you may be able to find a quite good regressionist by asking for recommendations at a New Age bookstore.

In any case, I suggest emphasizing that you wish the first appointment for nothing more than getting a sense of whether or not you want to work with the regressionist. Ask lots of questions about what methods the person uses, will the session be recorded, the usual about fees...in short, similar questions to those you'd ask a mental health professional in order to get a sense of what therapy would be like. Trust your "gut feeling" about the person. If anything feels not quite right, find another regressionist.

All that said, I then agree with NHT and others who maintain that the best regressions are DIY, do-it-yourself. However, I found that once I'd experienced a past life by means of the group work I mentioned, I felt that I had more "permission" to get into my past lives myself and found that I could self-regress by means of a meditative light trance. I have, however, talked to other people who still felt more comfortable working with a professional regressionist.

Basically, it's whatever works better for you, IMO.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2008 - 1:09AM #7
mikeincolorado

othercat wrote:

Hi ya'll. I grew up with memories from a past life. Or at least I think I did. I was born in 1979. But I have memories of being in a flood in 1972. Specifically, I remember getting out of a white car in the street next to the post office. I know it was 1972 because it was the only flood we had. I always thought the post office looked funny in my memory...
So, what do ya'll think? Is there any way to tell if this is a past life  memory?

Seems to me you've already told us ;)

"I remember", "I know"

I understand that this can be disconcerting, and in no way am I being critical or belittling. I have similar fragments of memories. Since a memory of a past life didn't exactly fit with a preconceived notion I had for "How Things Are", my first response was to engage the analytical mind and try to figure it out. The downside of that is that my analytical mind tends to be a poor tool on subjects outside the lines. And I looked outside of myself for confirmation. Fortunately the kind persons on the board here reminded me to look within.
Ultimately, I just got quiet and let the fragments be. Meditation can be helpful - trying to force it just makes it worse :confused:

I always knew, it just took me awhile to get aware and comfortable with that knowledge. I've been a woman in China at some point. I've also been in Ohio at least twice, this life time and one other when it was a lot wilder. Man that was a weird sensation. Kind of like you described with the post office "looked funny". I was driving across the country side, and in my mind I can see it differently.

Anyhow - I hope this helps. I've had to learn to trust myself, which is actually a very difficult thing

Mike

"When I've learned enough to really live, I'll be old enough to die" - Johnny Cash
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 1:39PM #8
hailtothesquirrel
I'm always intrigued with deja vu moments and memories of something you've never seen.
It could also be that you are/were at a moment "connected" in terms of all dimensional possibilities. OK, too new agey? If you think of a less restricted reality it is entirely possible for a memory to occur in any time and place. Though you may not have been born in the time of the memory, you could possibly remember forward. Theoretical physics even allows for this possibility.

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 1:39PM #9
hailtothesquirrel
I'm always intrigued with deja vu moments and memories of something you've never seen.
It could also be that you are/were at a moment "connected" in terms of all dimensional possibilities. OK, too new agey? If you think of a less restricted reality it is entirely possible for a memory to occur in any time and place. Though you may not have been born in the time of the memory, you could possibly remember forward. Theoretical physics even allows for this possibility.

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook