Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
8 years ago  ::  May 24, 2009 - 3:24PM #11
Mexicancatholic

As I read your posts I could identify your toughts traditions and practices. I am of Mexican decent, heavy on the european look, but I know of prehispanic traditions that merged into the Catholic rituals and practices. I have studied the history of god since man first quetioned his origin and life. I am not a scholar who likes to impress with words. I am real and a free thinker. I am a full practicing Catholic  I live the sacraments, but I ignore the media and current hate wave to the church. I have explored varios beliefs and at some point since man stood on two legs we can find common ground, if we stick to the basic search of self and fullfilment of  purpose. I could be at one of your meetings and feel totaly at ease. Im staying away from demon worship that involves blood sacrifice, other wise I am exploring. I don't have to switch churches to be in communion with humanity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  May 24, 2009 - 7:20PM #12
Flowupstream

May 24, 2009 -- 3:24PM, Mexicancatholic wrote:

I don't have to switch churches to be in communion with humanity.

Beautiful!

Why should you abandon what you know in search for truth? If God has Truth for you to find then it must be right where you are, to find with what you already have.

Have you read San Juan de la Cruz, San Terese de Avila, or Meister Eckhart? The first two should be read in the original spanish to get the full meaning and beauty. It's from the 16th century so the language has changed a little, but still probably more clear than english.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  May 25, 2009 - 11:54AM #13
Mexicancatholic

flowupstream

I find Teresa de Avila  interesting, as a mystic she had to search uptream for satisfation to her curiousity, butting heads was not unusual for her. She was no wilting flower. Like her I spend hours or days meditating of a quest unitl am satisfied. I am probably as much a renegade as she is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2009 - 1:40PM #14
essential

I am a Religious Scientist (Spiritual Living-ist?) - - -  asking all those in New Thought Communities, if there is any formal tradition of fasting in any of the New Thought doctrine (teachings), and if so, what is the stated purpose and significance.

Thank You.

essential-self

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook