Switch to Forum Live View shrines and temples
6 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2008 - 11:56PM #1
KEM1981
Do Taoist have shrines in there homes?
Do Taoist only go to temples on holidays/special occasions?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 6:23PM #2
Eisenhans

Mar 4, 2008 -- 11:56PM, KEM1981 wrote:

Do Taoist have shrines in there homes? Do Taoist only go to temples on holidays/special occasions?

Hi there!  Well, I have an altar at home, but I wouldn't call it a shrine.  Mine is very simple.

I don't ever go to a temple, haha!  That's mostly because I live nowhere near one.  (I'm learning online.)  But if I did live near my teacher's temple, I would love to go on special occasions. 

Eisenhans

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2011 - 6:12AM #3
Mak_jo_si

Apr 19, 2011 -- 6:23PM, Eisenhans wrote:

Mar 4, 2008 -- 11:56PM, KEM1981 wrote:

Do Taoist have shrines in there homes? Do Taoist only go to temples on holidays/special occasions?

Hi there!  Well, I have an altar at home, but I wouldn't call it a shrine.  Mine is very simple.

I don't ever go to a temple, haha!  That's mostly because I live nowhere near one.  (I'm learning online.)  But if I did live near my teacher's temple, I would love to go on special occasions. 

Eisenhans

You do not need to "go to a temple" to be good student, you just need to cultivate whatever taught, be good and oppose from evil, you will be just as good as those who go to temple all the time. The deities are not sitting in the temple to wait for you to worship, no, they are at another realm, ALWAYS knowing how you do if they want to know, going to a temple is just no difference than staying home. haha!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook