Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Voting Today: Obama or Clinton?
10 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2008 - 10:49PM #11
Chahta_Yvette
[QUOTE=wohali;356885]Chata, thank you for sharing your opinion.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that was horrible and not my honest opinion.  Just one after hanging out with friends at the "sports bar" and having a bad night.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 8:59PM #12
MilesB
I remember the old board and discussions did get pretty heated... I say leave it on the US Pol board.

Steve and I are regulars there (though steve is a moderator lol).
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 6:49AM #13
Bunsinspace

wohali wrote:

I was just using a colloquialism for an area where Indians live in a reasonably cohesive community unlike me who lives apart from everybody in that regard.

"I guess it depends on your definition of "reasonably cohesive".............

BS"D

For the purposes of this discussion I mean by "reasonably cohesive" more than one NDN with access to other NDN's who remember and/or live in the traditional way.  I am using this to make a distinction between one such a myself who lives in relative isolation from others in non- NDN environs (in my case in a house in a non-NDN neightborhood with a non-NDN job in an area almost totally "developed" by the non-NDN's- urban - whose only access to other NDN's is chance meetings, pow-wow gatherings, or second-hand through the agency of the internet).

"Reasonably cohesive" would be anything better than that in any degree.  I am NOT talking material wealth, I am talking people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook