Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Where is everyone?Have you all been reincarnated and just not check in here yet??
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2008 - 7:02PM #1
Sidhewoman
Hello?
Where are you all?
Since this is the Reincarnation Board I was hoping you hadn't all been reincarnated and forgot to come back here and sign in again!!  (LOL)

Just wondering where everyone is?? I feel so LONELY here!!!

Boh
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2008 - 7:02PM #2
Sidhewoman
Hello?
Where are you all?
Since this is the Reincarnation Board I was hoping you hadn't all been reincarnated and forgot to come back here and sign in again!!  (LOL)

Just wondering where everyone is?? I feel so LONELY here!!!

Boh
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 11:16AM #3
Ask.seek.knock
Hi, Boh, just letting you know that you're not completely alone.  It's tough on us "lurkers", too, when there's nothing new to read. :D

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 4:55PM #4
DotNotInOz
Yeah, this is the longest dry spell on this forum that I've seen in a few years. Guess that means I'll have to concoct another of my provocative questions, huh? :D

:::::waves to Boh and everyone::::: Hiya, all!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 2:16AM #5
Devona
The 'new' boards are so much 'quieter' than the old ones! I miss that............:(

I visited the archives the other day and really got homesick! So much more going on then......it's not that I don't like the new site but it seems that discussion itself is getting lost with the emphasis on 'home pages', 'making friends', 'avatars' , 'our photos' and advertising yourself on the pretty new profile pages......we can go to myspace if we want that! Let's get our community back!

I think we need some of those provocative questions!

Blessings,
Devona
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 8:47AM #6
Sidhewoman
Hi you three!!!!! I see that 26 people have looked at this new thread but ONLY 3 posts!!!! Thank Gods that you three are brave lolol...actually I should say, that 2 of you are brave, I have never known Dot to shrink from offering her opinion :)

I think we are closer to Spring here in Illinois...the sun is shining and it is warmer today....really warm tomorrow.

Ya know, my birthday is coming up quickly...I was wondering if any of you find that the closer you get to your birthday, do you become more creative or more active?

For instance, I am a Pisces and I am also an artist. I have been through a very very dry period for creating all winter. January came and my mind kicked into gear with some ideas and Feb. came and found me sketching again...sometimes adding color to the drawings...and last night I did the most amazing mermaid, conquering faces!!! I am going to be 53 and have NEVER been able to do faces before. I can draw and paint flowers, buidlings, objects, do calligraphy, make glass beads, throw pottery, you name it, but have never ever been able to do faces...I did one last week that was "so so" and the one I did last night was amazing!!

So the question is, as you approach you birthdays, do you find you are more active? Maybe this is birth sign related...maybe this is related to past life, but it is one of those "observing questions"

Boh/Sidhe
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 11:40AM #7
DotNotInOz

Sidhewoman wrote:

Hi you three!!!!! I see that 26 people have looked at this new thread but ONLY 3 posts!!!! Thank Gods that you three are brave lolol...actually I should say, that 2 of you are brave, I have never known Dot to shrink from offering her opinion :)

::: pointing innocently to self::::: Who, me???

Btw, Boh, what you're experiencing could also be that you're of an age to be "croning." Early 50's was the point at which I began feeling really creative. In my case, it was fake flower wreaths and arrangements along with cooking exotic cuisines.

I think there's something about becoming menopausal that spurs creative instincts. Possibly that one avenue of creativity is concluding for us, thereby opening up others?

I was involved in a workshop on stages of women's lives, Maiden-Mother-Crone, some years ago that made the point that in more woman-friendly cultures of the past, it's thought that the crone stage was one of increased creativity in conjunction with the Wisewoman role. How that conclusion was reached, I don't know, but even if it's erroneous, it's still a useful metaphor, seems to me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 12:16PM #8
DotNotInOz

Devona wrote:

I visited the archives the other day and really got homesick! So much more going on then......it's not that I don't like the new site but it seems that discussion itself is getting lost with the emphasis on 'home pages', 'making friends', 'avatars' , 'our photos' and advertising yourself on the pretty new profile pages......we can go to myspace if we want that!

Is it just me or have others had the experience of getting friendship requests from people that you can't recall ever having encountered? I've gotten several of these, and while it's nice to know that I'm apparently regarded as that congenial, it distresses me when I have no idea who the person is. I emailed B-net staff suggesting that a segment be added to the friendship request feature that would require the person to mention how it is that they know you so that those of us without a clue would be better able to determine if we want to accept or decline the request. I guess I've an excess of guilt, but I feel bad about typically declining when I don't recall the person.

I'm with you, Devona, in thinking that all these personal pages and friend requests added too many distractions from intriguing discussion on the boards. I agree with you that there's MySpace for that sort of thing. Why do we need it on B-net? I've often found the few journal entries that I've read too revealing, even embarrassingly so. I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want their personal musings to be public information. Weird that way, I suppose.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 4:47PM #9
Ask.seek.knock

DotNotInOz wrote:

Is it just me or have others had the experience of getting friendship requests from people that you can't recall ever having encountered? I've gotten several of these, and while it's nice to know that I'm apparently regarded as that congenial, it distresses me when I have no idea who the person is. I emailed B-net staff suggesting that a segment be added to the friendship request feature that would require the person to mention how it is that they know you so that those of us without a clue would be better able to determine if we want to accept or decline the request. I guess I've an excess of guilt, but I feel bad about typically declining when I don't recall the person.

Dot,
Yes, I have six right now that are just sitting there waiting for me to make a decision ... two go back to the early days of changeover to this new format, and I still haven't really run across these people in the other places that I frequent. I recall that I did decline one person, but she just resubmitted the request; so, it seems easier for me to just keep the option "tied up" by not responding.

I think that sometimes people get your username because they see it in one of those "broadcast" emails that someone sends and figure either (1) you might have something in common because you had that particular sender in common, (2) they just want to up their friendship counts, or (3) they want to make it easier to send broadcast emails themselves in the future. (I guess I have a primarily cynical view of the reasons, huh?!?:()

Btw, I'm with you on adding the space to the friendship request to give a brief explanation. So far, there has only been one time when a stranger sent me a separate email indicating how she had found my profile (through a search for a certain keyword) and why she was requesting friendship. As usual, I didn't decline, but let the request hang around for a while. Eventually, I came across some of her postings in some of the forums and discussion groups and decided it was a safe enough request and accepted. Unfortunately, there have been some incidences of "spam" in the internal Bnet mail, so that's why I prefer to err on the side of caution when accepting the friend requests.

The other thing I'd like to see is a way to group friends in the email section. That way, if I had something that friends from particular forums or discussion groups, but not all friends, might be interested in knowing, then I could "broadcast" to just those groups rather than having to either individually select names or just select everyone.

As for the journal posts, I'm guessing that those who write the revealing things there probably are also equally open when posting in the forums or discussion groups. I'm thinking, though, that I wouldn't want it all in one place like that home page journal ... at least by only revealing myself in the forums/groups, people would have to do a little searching to find out that much about me.;)

Boh,
I could've inadvertently boosted that thread view count. I might have read it a couple of times before I actually made the post. Generally, it's a big step for me to go from lurking to posting in a new area.:o

Devona,
Hi! I recognize your username from my lurking at the Intuitive Counseling board. I have posted there a few times, but I think they were all before you "returned". :)

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 4:47PM #10
Ask.seek.knock

DotNotInOz wrote:

Dot,
Yes, I have six right now that are just sitting there waiting for me to make a decision ... two go back to the early days of changeover to this new format, and I still haven't really run across these people in the other places that I frequent. I recall that I did decline one person, but she just resubmitted the request; so, it seems easier for me to just keep the option "tied up" by not responding.

I think that sometimes people get your username because they see it in one of those "broadcast" emails that someone sends and figure either (1) you might have something in common because you had that particular sender in common, (2) they just want to up their friendship counts, or (3) they want to make it easier to send broadcast emails themselves in the future. (I guess I have a primarily cynical view of the reasons, huh?!?:()

Btw, I'm with you on adding the space to the friendship request to give a brief explanation. So far, there has only been one time when a stranger sent me a separate email indicating how she had found my profile (through a search for a certain keyword) and why she was requesting friendship. As usual, I didn't decline, but let the request hang around for a while. Eventually, I came across some of her postings in some of the forums and discussion groups and decided it was a safe enough request and accepted. Unfortunately, there have been some incidences of "spam" in the internal Bnet mail, so that's why I prefer to err on the side of caution when accepting the friend requests.

The other thing I'd like to see is a way to group friends in the email section. That way, if I had something that friends from particular forums or discussion groups, but not all friends, might be interested in knowing, then I could "broadcast" to just those groups rather than having to either individually select names or just select everyone.

As for the journal posts, I'm guessing that those who write the revealing things there probably are also equally open when posting in the forums or discussion groups. I'm thinking, though, that I wouldn't want it all in one place like that home page journal ... at least by only revealing myself in the forums/groups, people would have to do a little searching to find out that much about me.;)

Boh,
I could've inadvertently boosted that thread view count. I might have read it a couple of times before I actually made the post. Generally, it's a big step for me to go from lurking to posting in a new area.:o

Devona,
Hi! I recognize your username from my lurking at the Intuitive Counseling board. I have posted there a few times, but I think they were all before you "returned". :)

ASK

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook