Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Where is everyone?Have you all been reincarnated and just not check in here yet??
7 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2008 - 2:58AM #31
Teka
Many people I post with know I live a some what reclusive life and do a lot of meditation and spiritual study. Lately I have been enjoying the fruits of my labors with new insights and experiences with the Eckhart Tolle classes online.

My PL experience came in about the 2nd year of regular meditation practices about 25 years ago. They came spontaneously over a period of 8 months and stopped.  I have never tried to probe them or expand on them.  I have kept the memories and over a period of time developed and idea of  their meaning to my life specifically.  They are not a big focus of my spiritual life.  They just are what they are, another facet of exisitance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2008 - 1:26PM #32
Nay_ho_tze
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2]You are most accurate, Teka when you write:
[FONT=Arial]They [PLMs] just are what they are, another facet of exisitance [sic].[/FONT]

Exactly.

[/SIZE]IME my own PLMs have been mostly spontaneous [/FONT]
and always only when I needed info from a previous lifetime
that would assist overcoming an obstacle in this present life ...

=]
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2008 - 10:18AM #33
Medusa'sMirror
[QUOTE=Devona;324171]The 'new' boards are so much 'quieter' than the old ones! I miss that............:(

I visited the archives the other day and really got homesick! So much more going on then......it's not that I don't like the new site but it seems that discussion itself is getting lost with the emphasis on 'home pages', 'making friends', 'avatars' , 'our photos' and advertising yourself on the pretty new profile pages......we can go to myspace if we want that! Let's get our community back!

I think we need some of those provocative questions!

Blessings,
Devona[/QUOTE]

Hi Devona,
Are you still around? I just recently joined, but have visited the site before. Since I wasn't a regular in the past, I can't have the same "homesick" feeling you do about it, but I can understand what you're saying. Personally, I love that this site has personal journals for exploring spiritual and political topics, home pages, the ability to add friends, etc., BUT to me a very important part of beliefnet is the discussion that comes with forum and group posts, as well as the interaction that comes with responding back to journal posts. I wish there was more discussion going on, on some of the boards. The homepages are great and all, but I think people are missing a very important part of the site if all they do is self advertise and add people for private discussion. Don't get me wrong, some things I'd prefer to discuss in private, but I still think keeping the boards active is a good thing.

~MM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook