6 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2008 - 4:46PM #1
Xhaiden
As you will quickly see the Jedi are not something new. You will find qualities of the Jedi deeply rooted in Buddhism and Taoism. This isn't to say you won't see other qualities of other religions/philosophies scattered in. People routinely ask if you have so much of Taoism in your belief why aren't you just a Taoist for example. My answer is that in order to be a Taoist I would have to believe all that a Taoist is and does and that is something I am not. Some Jedi though do mix Jedi with their current religion like there are plenty of Christian Jedi for example. Personally for me, I tend to have a Taoist view of the Force and a heavy rooted Buddhist take on how I live my life and act so I am personally drawn to those two beliefs.

Anyway, in the coming days I will talk about the differences between Jediism/Jediist and a Jedi Realist along with our views on the Force.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2010 - 1:32PM #2
Randy

I hear you on that X.  Long time no see, my friend.  You knew me as Tatsutsume and Dashu, but you also knew me asn I am here.  We have always seen a little more eye to eye on these things and I am looking forward to seeing your future posts.  Good to see you again, my friend.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook