Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2008 - 9:36AM #11
Weeping_Willow1526
[QUOTE=KatherineOrthodixie;312045]If it's the ritual and high commitment lifestyle, I would suggest looking into Orthodox Christianity.[/QUOTE]

That is certainly a part of it. I would consider going to an Orthodox church and giving it a try; however, I don't know if there is one around here (we don't have a huge variety of solid religious communities in my province). It might be something to definitely look into though. I was raised Catholic, and the RCC is pretty committed to ritual as well, though it does seem as though (my congregation at least) it is not nearly as committed as it was in the past.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 29, 2008 - 9:31AM #12
KatherineOrthodixie
[QUOTE=Weeping_Willow1526;319421]That is certainly a part of it. I would consider going to an Orthodox church and giving it a try; however, I don't know if there is one around here (we don't have a huge variety of solid religious communities in my province). It might be something to definitely look into though. I was raised Catholic, and the RCC is pretty committed to ritual as well, though it does seem as though (my congregation at least) it is not nearly as committed as it was in the past.[/QUOTE]

Try www.orthodoxyinamerica.org for a parish hopefully near you. The listings include Canada as well.
“The Law of the Church is to give oneself to what is given not to seek one’s own.” Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2008 - 5:54PM #13
Bob_Bennett
[QUOTE=Weeping_Willow1526;319405]It's kind of hard to explain, but I will give it a shot. Chasidism just seems to pull me to it, like I am hypnotized. It has me entranced, and I am just in love with it, even when I am separated from Judaism kind of like I am now. I like that their beliefs are the most Orthodox (religiously and socially), and I also like how their beliefs are on the literal end of the spectrum, as mine are as well. I like all of the zest and joy they have for life, their commitment to the Torah, and the level at which they keep the commandments. I like the way they live in the world, but remained separated from it still, and I love the traditions they keep so commitedly and even the clothing. I also feel so at home with them. While I sometimes feel more welcome at my birth church (for example), I have always felt more *at home* with the Chasidim. When I went to stay with them at the end of 2006 for a week, I felt a sense of belonging. I have never fit in anywhere I went in my entire life...not even in my own family. There, though, I actually fit in, and it seemed right. Anyway, those are a few reasons why I am so attracted to them.[/QUOTE]

It seems as if you have answered your question, and no dilemma remains.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2008 - 5:54PM #14
Bob_Bennett
[QUOTE=Weeping_Willow1526;319405]It's kind of hard to explain, but I will give it a shot. Chasidism just seems to pull me to it, like I am hypnotized. It has me entranced, and I am just in love with it, even when I am separated from Judaism kind of like I am now. I like that their beliefs are the most Orthodox (religiously and socially), and I also like how their beliefs are on the literal end of the spectrum, as mine are as well. I like all of the zest and joy they have for life, their commitment to the Torah, and the level at which they keep the commandments. I like the way they live in the world, but remained separated from it still, and I love the traditions they keep so commitedly and even the clothing. I also feel so at home with them. While I sometimes feel more welcome at my birth church (for example), I have always felt more *at home* with the Chasidim. When I went to stay with them at the end of 2006 for a week, I felt a sense of belonging. I have never fit in anywhere I went in my entire life...not even in my own family. There, though, I actually fit in, and it seemed right. Anyway, those are a few reasons why I am so attracted to them.[/QUOTE]

It seems as if you have answered your question, and no dilemma remains.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 12, 2010 - 9:00PM #15
Bacopal

Jewish rituals are an outward expression of a spiritual truth about God. This is what I have come to believe. 

jesuschristisgod.webs.com/bible.htm

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 7:19PM #16
Bob_Bennett

I did not author posts 13 and 14.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2011 - 7:21PM #17
Bob_Bennett

I will offer a highly simplified piece of advice:   just do whatever works best for you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook