Page 33 of 33  •  Prev 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33
Switch to Forum Live View How do we fight Islamiphobia in America?
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2011 - 6:30PM #321
Abdullah.

Apr 27, 2011 -- 4:26PM, icechamp31 wrote:

I fight Islamaphobia by living by example.  I show people how I am a good Muslim, by doing good and by being a good person with Islamic values and ideals.  One thing I do not do however is talk to others about Islam.  If I am approached by someone then I will talk, I will never talk to random people about it.  I know Muslims who go around telling people about Islam who don't want to hear it. I don't think that is ever a good idea because people find that really annoying no matter what religion they are.  Also it is very important in my opinion to leave non Muslims alone.  If a non Muslim wants to drink and eat pork it is there choice and they are totally allowed to.  If we don't want Islamophobia we should not impose on non-Muslims or else they will have a bad impression.

Salaam Icehamp

MashALlah may ALlah bless you for your good efforts to spread peace, however i must point out that a Muslim not only has to save himself brother, but as many other people as he can and this is why taking the message of islam to others is imperative; MashALLah ofcourse first and foremost we have to set the best example by our actions, but if we only wait for people to approach us, then we may never get the message across to any, but maybe a few people, thus we also have to initiate taking the message to them;

We have to follow the Prophet [saw] and the sahaba [ra] as i'm sure you know and they actively took the verbal message to as many people as they could and not just waited for people to approach them out of fear that they'd turn into 'Islamaphobes'; yes the Makkans indeed did turn into Islamaphobes but did the Prophet [saw] say let us cease our dawah?, no, thus even if we should face adversity; dawah is one thing we just cannot stop!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2011 - 6:57PM #322
Abdullah.

And let me just narrate a beutifull hadith here that shows the true essence of a Muslim obeying ALlah [swt] and the Prophet [saw]

Abdu Dhar [ra] had just accepted Islam at the hands of the Prophet [saw] at a time when Makkans were torturing muslims and making their lives hell for them; the prophet [saw] adviced [out of love and care] Abu-Dhar to go back to his home town untill things got more peacefull in makkah; Abu-Dhar [ra] replied 'no by ALlah I have to take this message to the people' [this was not disobeyance of the Prophet [saw] for the Prophet [saw] only adviced abu dhar to go back to his home town out of love and care and not wanting him to be harmed] so he went to the market place and declared to the people 'ash-hadu alailaha ilellah ashhadu anna muhammadur rasulullah' [i testify that there is no God but ALlah and i also testify that Muhammad [saw] is His messenger], the people jumped on him and nearly beat him to death and Abbas [ra]? came and saved him; the next day abu dhar done the same and the people beat him to an inch of his life and again Abbas [ra] came and saved him, the next day he done the same again!

MashALLah these sahabah [ra] were ready to lay down their lives in order to try and save their fellow mankind, and thus we should not be dettered from possibly a few non-Muslims not liking our missionary activity, hence lets get active!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2011 - 8:15PM #323
icechamp31

One needs to be highly careful in the way we spread Islam to people though.  I reverted to Islam about 6 months ago.  When I was a non Muslim various religious groups would approach me and try to preach to me and convert me to their relgion.  As someone who was born and raised in the US, I can honestly tell you Americans find religious groups, whether Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist ect who go around converting people extremely irratiting and annoying.  I can see why and whenever some religious group does approach me about that kind of thing it does irritate me.  I don't think Muslims should participate in this type of thing, because I know how annoying people find it.  If people start going about educating others about Islam in this manner, then they will have a negative view of Islam seeing it as one of those pushy, annoying, religious groups who go around trying to convert people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 6:14PM #324
Abdullah.
Inviting others towards Islam should be done in the most beutifull of ways and not in a manner that annoys others so i fully understand what your saying icechamp, however in the pleasant way, the call to Islam has to happen as this is an obligation on the muslim ummah

As long as a Muslim invites people towards islam with truth and sincerity, then if a person should be irriated by that, than no probs there for so many a kuffar got irritated by the preaching of Muhammad [saw] and his companions, and irritation and annoyance is only expected really from some of the kuffar as this message of truth will naturally unsettle them somewhat but this of course should not alter our own obligation as Muslims to reach them with the da'wa.

Was Salam

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 04, 2011 - 6:24AM #325
sallum

Apr 27, 2011 -- 4:26PM, icechamp31 wrote:

I fight Islamaphobia by living by example.  I show people how I am a good Muslim, by doing good and by being a good person with Islamic values and ideals.  One thing I do not do however is talk to others about Islam.  If I am approached by someone then I will talk, I will never talk to random people about it.  I know Muslims who go around telling people about Islam who don't want to hear it. I don't think that is ever a good idea because people find that really annoying no matter what religion they are.  Also it is very important in my opinion to leave non Muslims alone.  If a non Muslim wants to drink and eat pork it is there choice and they are totally allowed to.  If we don't want Islamophobia we should not impose on non-Muslims or else they will have a bad impression.

assalamu alayhum

HI

15 years ago maybe more I met two Americans  @ Jeddah Arabia both were headquarters of same Travel company,... accidentally talks about Islam get involved, one of them reflected as like someone slapped him off and turned his face away with full anger image, while the other wanted to go with this talk.

Later me and the interested one got talks, setting for hours and hours in my car @ the front  outdoor to hotel. and the next day we did the same. he was surprised to the answers I gave him,  it were many, till he though me  high religious educated man,.. while my answers were so common to Moslems. one of it: he said Moslems says that Prophet Mohammed (SAW) traveled to heavens, I reply him NO,.. Moslems do not say that!. a shock clearly observed on his face,… but he was not able to confirm it what he almost sure about @ type of confuse,.. I said to him, Allah almighty the most powerful did "travel" His Prophet (SAW) to the heavens and before that He carried Him on BURAK from Mecca holy city to Jerusalem holy city. And not Mohammed (SAW) never travels that by himself.  

About women, he said why not my wife get dress herself with full make-up? to a party to tell all the attendees that this beautiful looking lady had choose me a "husband" and I go proud and happy with this choice,? Why that not?  I replied him what do you do with "not that beautiful looking" wife?

He replied nothing.

Good looking woman is that what Hollywood does count! And almost ignoring the beautiful of women from her inside, that made a problem in each house I guess?   

Allah's rules are the safe and secured option for all mankind no doubt.

Safe and secured portions and the most happy part ever.

No hunger no fear that both are the good human life no doubt.

Big piece of peace for all

sallum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 2:58AM #326
Lilwabbit

Feb 8, 2008 -- 10:28AM, USMuslim wrote:

What do you think are the best strategies for fighting the misconceptions about Muslims and Islam in America?

Very valid question which in fact concerns the whole Western world and increasingly the rest of the non-Islamic world. I actually believe there are two very simple strategies which, however, require patience, perseverance, forbearance and wisdom to carry out:

(1) Muslims more actively befriending non-Muslims in a spirit of respect and amity.

(2) Continuous awareness-raising about Islam and the Qur'án in schools, universities and other social spaces in America.

The first strategy serves to reduce the harmful and incorrect impression that Muslims are a closely-knit inward-looking community involved in all sorts of suspicious intrigues. The latter strategy is rendered substantially more effective by seeking out non-Muslim political leaders, scholars, pastors and rabbis who are willing to collaborate on honest awareness-raising without bias.

"Say not to anyone who offers you a salutation: 'You are not a believer.' You were once in the same state." (004.094)

"Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clear from Error. Whoever rejects corruption and believes in God, has clung to the most reliable hand-hold which never breaks." (002.256)

"And tell My servants to speak in a kindly manner." (017.053-4)

Yours in His service,

LilWabbit

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2011 - 7:15PM #327
arjun

The best way (and the  honest way) for muslims to fight Islamophobia is to proove that Islam does not stand for depriving non-muslims of equal rights.   Muslims in US should lead protests in all of muslim controlled lands in the world where institutionalized islam based discriminatory laws have deprived non-muslims of equal rights.    Till muslims start doing this..I would suggest the non-muslims to remind themselves again and again that once muslims take political control of there lands, they  will deprive non-muslims of equal rights and it will be bearded Mullahs that will decide what a non-muslim can and cannot do.       

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2011 - 5:39AM #328
Ibn

The last post from Arjun is designed to create more Islamophobia by using the same old outdated and rotten politics in ignorance. Such a post does not belong here on this board. Lilwabbit has intelligent and constructive ideas and his post is "welcome".

What a difference!

Peace

Ibn 

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 33 of 33  •  Prev 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook