Switch to Forum Live View New Poster Introduction
6 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2008 - 2:40PM #1
appalachian_lief
Hello everyone:

My name is Joey and as I am not necessarily new to Beliefnet, I am new to the gnosticism forum so I thought that I would introduce myself a little.

Basically I am 27 y/o tech guy who lives in the mountains of central Pennsylvania (about 15 miles from Harrisburg) and I consider myself a gnostic philosopher.  Even though I do bear a certain penchant for the ritual and drama, in my spiritual journey once I started adding the mythology and all the other things into it, I lose too much focus as to what really makes me feel gnostic.  To me it is not a religion, but a point of perspective. 

Anywho, I don't belong to any gnostic churches, study groups or anything like that, however I have considered applying for the Apostolic Johannite Church's Holy Order Program, but that is all I have done: considered it.  I do attend the Amercian Catholic Church of New England, which is a progressive Catholic Church, (Pope-free since 1883!), however it is your normal Catholic Church except with homosexuals, divorcees and women on birth control, oh and gay and married priests.  But as for gnosticism, you are not going to find it there.  So I find myself paroozing around the internet for any leads on how I can further my experience and learn/know what I need to.  Hopefully, this group will be of much assistant in my journey.

Anywho, I just wanted to say 'hi' and i hope to be having some riveting conversations with all of you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2008 - 11:11PM #2
Jay77
Welcome Joey.  Good luck in your searching!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook