Switch to Forum Live View QURAN: Is Isa ('a) dead or alive !?!
7 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2008 - 10:20PM #1
QureshiAbbasAli
In the Name of the Most High
assalam o 'alaykum ...

given that there are only a few Quranic verses that speak of Isa's, peace be upon him, encounter with those who rejected his message, do you entertain the idea that (3:55, 4:157/158)

1 - the Quran is silent on the issue of Isa's "future life"

2 - the Quran is silent on the issue of Isa's "return", even though Muhammad is termed as the 'seal of the Prophets' in 33:40

3 - the Quran is silent on whether Isa died or not

4 - the Quran provides evidence that Isa was in-fact "crucified", survived it, but did not die crucified

5 - the Quran provides for evidence that Isa was "physically" raised to God, signifying that there is a place where God resides

or in much simpler terms

1 - is Isa going to return as per the Quran

2 - and if he is, where is he now, at this moment, and if that is provided for in the Quran

any thoughts?

regards, ali.q
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2008 - 10:55PM #2
newmuslimlady
As-salamu'alaykum,

Isa(A.S) was not killed.  In Qur'an it says:

Surah 4:157.  And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa(A.S) son of Marium, the apostle of Allah(SWT); and they did not kill him nor did they crucity him, but it appeared to them so(like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not.. 

Isa(A.S) was risen to Allah(SWT)

Surah 4:158.  Nay! Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah(SWT) is Mighty, Wise.

Isa(A.S) is going to return also.  Have to find information on this and post again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2008 - 11:03PM #3
QureshiAbbasAli
[QUOTE=newmuslimlady;262671]As-salamu'alaykum,

Isa(A.S) was not killed.  In Qur'an it says:

Surah 4:157.  And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa(A.S) son of Marium, the apostle of Allah(SWT); and they did not kill him nor did they crucity him, but it appeared to them so(like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not.. 

Isa(A.S) was risen to Allah(SWT)

Surah 4:158.  Nay! Allah took him up to Himself; and Allah(SWT) is Mighty, Wise.

Isa(A.S) is going to return also.  Have to find information on this and post again.[/QUOTE]

? # 1 - is there a difference in being killed and dying a natural death

? # 2 - the Quran only denies the "killing" but no mention of natural death

? # 3 - since the Quran is absent on stating that XYZ Prophet (s) died what are we to conclude, if Isa's natural death is not stated

regards, ali.q
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 12:32AM #4
newmuslimlady
In Surah 4:157, it says he did not die.

And in 4:158, it says that Allah raised Isa up to Him.   Isa(A.S) was risen up before the disbelievers had a chance to kill him.  It say's in the Hadeeth that someone else was brought to be crusified and he was made to look like Isa.  But  Isa(A.S) is actually still alive in Jennah with Allah, but will return to earth and kill Dajjaal(Islamic Anti-christ).

The information on all this and about Isa(A.S) when he comes back is in the Hadeeth.   I was just on the phone with a good friend of mine who is an Alima(Scholar).  She says the Hadeeth talks more about Isa(A.S) than the Qur'an, mostly about what he will do after he comes back.   The main thing the Hadeeth says though is that Isa(A.S) will come back, tell the Christians the true message he brought to mankind, and that he will break the "Cross" and kill the "Pig".(because Allah forbid us to eat it).  He will also kill the Dajjaal.  You'd have to research in the Hadeeth to find out more about Isa and all he will do when Allah(SWT) sends him back here to Earth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2008 - 11:40PM #5
QureshiAbbasAli
[QUOTE=newmuslimlady;262824]In Surah 4:157, it says he did not die.

And in 4:158, it says that Allah raised Isa up to Him.   Isa(A.S) was risen up before the disbelievers had a chance to kill him.  It say's in the Hadeeth that someone else was brought to be crusified and he was made to look like Isa.  But  Isa(A.S) is actually still alive in Jennah with Allah, but will return to earth and kill Dajjaal(Islamic Anti-christ).

The information on all this and about Isa(A.S) when he comes back is in the Hadeeth.   I was just on the phone with a good friend of mine who is an Alima(Scholar).  She says the Hadeeth talks more about Isa(A.S) than the Qur'an, mostly about what he will do after he comes back.   The main thing the Hadeeth says though is that Isa(A.S) will come back, tell the Christians the true message he brought to mankind, and that he will break the "Cross" and kill the "Pig".(because Allah forbid us to eat it).  He will also kill the Dajjaal.  You'd have to research in the Hadeeth to find out more about Isa and all he will do when Allah(SWT) sends him back here to Earth.[/QUOTE]

the above explanation even raises more questions

1 - where did God raise Isa? to His presence or in Paradise? but God is not contrained by space? where is Isa and why don't the natural Laws apply to him as they did to all other Prophets? as Adam and Eve were born like Isa, so they died. why make an exception to Isa !?!

2 - could this raising be with reference to his Spiritual Elevation and Raising in Degrees

3 - if his return is mentioned in the ahadith, then how come the Quran is silent

4 - is there evidence in the Quran that supports the ahadith?

5 - breaking cross, pig: can these be construed as spiritual manfestations of his return, rather than the literal manifestations that have been offered for centuries? (though the former is not of early either)

6 - why would God substitute an innocent and poor chap with Isa, and have him die on the Cross?

7 - if (6) is entertained, is there a possibility that Isa was in-fact ON THE CROSS, but he DID NOT DIE ON THE CROSS. these are two seperate matters. the verse you cited makes an emphatic denial that 'they certainly did not kill him': it does not offer any explanation that he was certainly not crucified

regards, ali.q
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2008 - 10:59PM #6
newmuslimlady
I'll have to talk to my friend again or another Alima that I know to get the exact answers to your questions.  But I'm thinking that Isa(A.S) is in Paradise or with Allah(SWT), since he didn't die and because of this, he wouldn't be in his grave.  Since other Prophets of Allah(SWT) did die, they ARE in their graves.

I've heard, but I don't know if it's in the Hadeeth or that some Scholars are assuming that "the person" who was put on the cross to die instead of Isa(A.S) was one of Isa's followers that turned against him and was to hand Isa(A.S)over to be killed.   And since he did turn against Isa, he was punished by Allah(SWT) and  put on the cross to die.   Like I said, I don't know if this is indeed in the Hadeeth.   I'll have to find out.   But I've heard this story by Scholars online and my friend told me this also.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2008 - 10:17PM #7
newmuslimlady
Came across this article on ABC news.com about a Muslim film maker who made this movie about Jesus.  It's an Islamic perspective of  Esa (A.S), his life and death.    Which the article does say that Esa(A.S) was saved, risen by Allah(SWT), and then the one who betrayed him was crucified on the cross.   I hope this movie comes to the U.S.   :)   

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/sto … 085&page=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2008 - 3:24PM #8
QureshiAbbasAli
[QUOTE=newmuslimlady;293550]Came across this article on ABC news.com about a Muslim film maker who made this movie about Jesus.  It's an Islamic perspective of  Esa (A.S), his life and death.    Which the article does say that Esa(A.S) was saved, risen by Allah(SWT), and then the one who betrayed him was crucified on the cross.   I hope this movie comes to the U.S.   :)   

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/sto … 085&page=1[/QUOTE]

as far as my belief is concerned, Isa, died a natural death, like all other Prophets.

there is no basis for such deductions that one makes of here

regards
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook