Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View what to do when being attacked?
6 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2008 - 1:43AM #1
SDA4ever
How do you handle being attacked? I feel like I'm being attacked by the devil right now. I've been talking to a friend quite a bit about God and since then I've been being attacked hard. I got sick and tried to return to work but work wouldn't accept my dr note because it wasn't worded the way they wanted. I've been well for a week and a half and still can't go back to work because they won't accept the dr note from the hospital. I've talked with a few Christian friends for support. I talked with my grandfather who is Baptist and he told me he didnt' care what the Bible said and to just lie to work. I told him I couldn't do that becuase of what God commands. He told me don't worry about it and just ask for forgiveness later. I told him it didn't work that way. He told me he was trying to give me fatherly advice and I told him my fatherly advice came from the Bible. He told me my life will be miserable and long if I don't learn to do things like that. I told him eternity was longer and worth doing what is right. So even my own family is making things difficult. For now I'm just going to avoid him for what he said as I don't need people like that in my life.
So I feel like I'm being attacked from every area of my life. A good friend hung up on me tonight when I told him I needed to talk and he said he had other calls to make. He knows what I'm going through right now. Normally hes always been there for me. So I just feel like the devil is attacking me with sickness, work/income, friends, and family. I have prayed and prayed and prayed harder. I've asked God to stop the devil from attacking me. I've asked God to take my worries away and putting everything in His hands. He can handle this better than I ever could. But I don't know what else to do or what I can do. I'm trying so hard to do what is right to the best of my knowledge. Am I missing something? I take it there must be a lesson that I'm supposed to learn from all of this. But how can I handle the attacks? I'm very hurt by this and as hard as I try to put it in Gods hands I still worry and get upset when the next thing happens.
Thank you in advance for your responses and God Bless.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2008 - 6:16PM #2
SeventhDayGirl
[QUOTE=SDA4ever;753967]How do you handle being attacked? I feel like I'm being attacked by the devil right now. I've been talking to a friend quite a bit about God and since then I've been being attacked hard. I got sick and tried to return to work but work wouldn't accept my dr note because it wasn't worded the way they wanted. I've been well for a week and a half and still can't go back to work because they won't accept the dr note from the hospital. I've talked with a few Christian friends for support. I talked with my grandfather who is Baptist and he told me he didnt' care what the Bible said and to just lie to work. I told him I couldn't do that becuase of what God commands. He told me don't worry about it and just ask for forgiveness later. I told him it didn't work that way. He told me he was trying to give me fatherly advice and I told him my fatherly advice came from the Bible. He told me my life will be miserable and long if I don't learn to do things like that. I told him eternity was longer and worth doing what is right. So even my own family is making things difficult. For now I'm just going to avoid him for what he said as I don't need people like that in my life.
So I feel like I'm being attacked from every area of my life. A good friend hung up on me tonight when I told him I needed to talk and he said he had other calls to make. He knows what I'm going through right now. Normally hes always been there for me. So I just feel like the devil is attacking me with sickness, work/income, friends, and family. I have prayed and prayed and prayed harder. I've asked God to stop the devil from attacking me. I've asked God to take my worries away and putting everything in His hands. He can handle this better than I ever could. But I don't know what else to do or what I can do. I'm trying so hard to do what is right to the best of my knowledge. Am I missing something? I take it there must be a lesson that I'm supposed to learn from all of this. But how can I handle the attacks? I'm very hurt by this and as hard as I try to put it in Gods hands I still worry and get upset when the next thing happens.
Thank you in advance for your responses and God Bless.[/QUOTE]

Hi, SDA, I know just what you're going through!  I got laid off from my job a year ago last April, and have not been able to find work since (not for lack of looking!).  The reason they laid me off was because I "talked about God too much"!!  Can you believe that?  It was perfectly okay for them to go around talking about their many parties and how they got drunk and slept around, but no, no, can't talk about God!!  Almost every place here where I live wants people to work on Saturday, but I feel it is more important to continue to honor God's Sabbath, then compromise with the world.  Like you said, eternity is a long time, but this temporal life is short.  Then last October, I got a good job as an Administrative Assistant (doing scanning, indexing, etc.) and it was a good job (making more money than I've ever made in my life), but I had a tyrant for a supervisor and as soon as the girl who trained me left, she started telling me to do things that went against what I'd been trained to do and when I questioned her about it, I got wrote up for being "insubordinate."!  After that happened twice, they fired me.  One day after that while I was in the shower, I asked God why these things always happen to me and you know what He said?  (I don't know why, but God likes to talk to me in the shower :).)  He said, "Be patient just a little while longer--I'm trying to get you ready for my Kingdom."  It kinda made me feel better for a while, but like you, I seem to worry anyway, when I know God is in control. 

I'm sorry about your family treating you that way.  My family is like that too.  I'm the only one in my family who is Adventist, and I can't talk about religious things, unless it's short and generic (the milk, so to speak).  No one is interested in hearing the many truths I have found in God's word, and it makes me very sad.

Just to let you know, you're not alone!!  Let's pray for each other!  God is with us, and no matter how many attacks the devil throws at us, Jesus will never leave us or forsake us!

With Christ's love and blessings,
SDG  :):)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2008 - 8:27PM #3
SDA4ever
I'm sorry you have been through this too. Thank you for sharing your experience. I know God has a plan for me and is preparing me for his Kingdom by my lessons learned here.
The good friend that hung up on me called me this morning. He had a great message for me. That helped. I talked with work again and that was useless. They just gave me the run around.  So even though I'm still employed and getting the run around I went ahead and applied for unemployment since work won't let me go. I also talked with a company today and have an interview tomorrow. My friends have been praying for me and it looks like its working faster than I expected. My grandfather wrote and apologized. I'm just not sure how to take it since he said its ok to sin as long as you ask for forgiveness afterward.
I know God is in control (I even have the ringtone on my cell phone). I ask him to handle my problems for me and to guide me on what to do. But I still worry. I was raised in a home where worry was normal. I've tried to break away from it and let God handle it but sometimes I catch my self worrying even when I know I shouldn't. Maybe that is the lesson I'm supposed to learn from this. Even a friend mentioned he thinks I'm supposed to learn this from the way things are going.
Thank you so much for the reply. It helped so much. God Bless.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2008 - 9:13PM #4
Christ07
[QUOTE=SDA4ever;753967]How do you handle being attacked? I feel like I'm being attacked by the devil right now. I've been talking to a friend quite a bit about God and since then I've been being attacked hard. I got sick and tried to return to work but work wouldn't accept my dr note because it wasn't worded the way they wanted. I've been well for a week and a half and still can't go back to work because they won't accept the dr note from the hospital. I've talked with a few Christian friends for support. I talked with my grandfather who is Baptist and he told me he didnt' care what the Bible said and to just lie to work. I told him I couldn't do that becuase of what God commands. He told me don't worry about it and just ask for forgiveness later. I told him it didn't work that way. He told me he was trying to give me fatherly advice and I told him my fatherly advice came from the Bible. He told me my life will be miserable and long if I don't learn to do things like that. I told him eternity was longer and worth doing what is right. So even my own family is making things difficult. For now I'm just going to avoid him for what he said as I don't need people like that in my life.
Thank you in advance for your responses and God Bless.[/QUOTE]

SDA 4 Ever... Hello friend, welcome to worshipping God and sticking to his word and staying faithful with an unyielding and unrelenting faith built on nerves of steel. You sound a lot lie me. My grandfather has given me much un biblical and unGodly " grandfatherly" advice. Satan can work through anyone who leaves the door to their mind and heart open to. Don't worry, it's just the same old stuff, he's all too predictable. He attacks us when we draw nearer to God, and learn more about God's true character. But the closer we draw to God, the closer he draws to us. God said he will neither lave us or ever forsake us. He is always there. We all have to put up with the attacks and abuses of satan, the wicked one. God allows it because he wants us to learn to depend on and trust him in all we do, no matter what happens, to praise him through the good and the bad. We are to learn faith, unyielding and unquestioning, patience, love, humility, etc... many lessons fro what God suffers us through, many times it's overboard as Satan always goes too far to prove his point, but God said rather, promised, that he will never suffer us beyond what we are able or capable. He promised his strength is made perfect in our weakness, and his strength begins where ours ends. Trust me, those verses are very, very true indeed. I've been through quite a lot, almost stopped believing, he is looking to wear out the saints of the most high. Continue to have the testimony and faith in ad of Jesus, and keep the commandments of God, you cant fail. Always pray to and praise and put your full unyielding faith in god, he will never steer you wrong, I promise you this he'll never give up on you, and will be there with you always, in the good, and ESPECIALLY in the bad. Satan will never stop attacking you, but God can reduce his attacks, and also make them less severe by his power, and by your intellect, faith, and lessons he an and will and already has taught you. But keep in mind, Satan is always expanding his arsenal of attacks, and does increase them, he is wroth with all who believe in and are Justified by Jesus, and keep God's ten commandments. He's never going to stop, neither will God leave you nor forsake you. Just prepare for the worst, so you can stand when bad things happen, trust in and draw strength from God. Let me show you how I see the devil speaking through our father.  What your father did is similar to what a Babylonian king tried to do to Fredrack, neeshack, and nebendigo. He tried to get them to break God's commandment, to stay alive. Your dada tried to get you to compromise and break one of God's commandments as well. We all know who was behind the scenes manipulating the Babylonian king, and many times, he does so through those closest to us. Especially our own blood. He did it to me several times, he isn't creative, but is indeed evil. Just continue to break god's commandments by NO MEANS whatsoever, compromise NOT, for any reason, and call sin and evil by it's rightful name. I am glad you didn't yield your convictions You were absolutely right in doing so. Don't listen to the lies and accusations of the devil, do not give in to satan's propoganda at all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2008 - 9:45PM #5
SDA4ever
Thank you Christ07. You are so right.
Thank you both for what you have said. Your words and support have been very encouraging.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2008 - 9:47PM #6
Christ07
[QUOTE=SDA4ever;755776]Thank you Christ07. You are so right.
Thank you both for what you have said. Your words and support have been very encouraging.[/QUOTE]

Glad to be of assistance, fellow believer! :) Just stay strong for God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2008 - 12:08AM #7
SeventhDayGirl

Christ07]Especially our own blood.

Amen, David!!  wrote:

Especially our own blood.[/quote]

Amen, David!!  Just this morning, after being invited to breakfast with my parents, my Dad saw that I didn't have any meat on my plate and tried to offer me some of his bacon!  All I said was "no thanks, I'm fine, Dad,"  but could have made a big deal out of how I don't eat stuff like that anymore.  Then a few minutes later he said, "Oh, yeah, that's right, you don't eat bacon anymore."  :)  I just nodded my head in affirmation.

We have to be a constant witness to those around us, even when we're going through tough times (especially then).  My parents have seen a true conversion in their daughter, just through the way I live my life around them.  Our life-witness sometimes does more than any words coming from our lips.  And if any words do come from our lips, let's make sure they're God's words and not our own (even on the debate board, I'm finding out, or if they are our own, to make sure they glorify the Lord), amen?  This has been a very hard lesson for me to learn.  By God's grace I will try to do more of this also!

Love and Hugs,
SDG

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2008 - 7:35PM #8
Christ07
Exactly. We can easily in debates get dragged down to man's word, our words which are man's, and our humanly opinions, and can get in trouble with the Lord, and by what we say to others, with others, real quick. It's best to stay humble, and glorify the Lord always, even if the people we are arguing with make it hard to love them, and be nice, our love and Christ like nature should not be conditional, as Jesus love and the Father's is not conditional. It's best just not to argue too long, or at all, as we as anyone else can get carried away in the heat of the moment.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2008 - 8:16PM #9
SDA4ever
Well so much for the interview. I know without a doubt I'm being attacked. The supervisor who caused all the trouble about the dr note got fired. Turns out she was hired by the place I had the interview at as a supervisor. Now I'm not sure what to do. I applied at a few more places. Several friends told me the same thing, theres no way that was coincidence and that I must be being attacked. I'm even having trouble sending a reply on this forum when usually it works great. God must really think I can handle a lot. I don't think I can handle any more. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2008 - 8:24PM #10
Christ07
Just continue to trust him. When we cannot but, sell, or trade without the mark of the beast, we will have to trust God to eat. We should start trusting him more now, when things are easier, so when the time comes, and we can't work at all and get no money, trusting him wont be so hard. Things will get worse. Just trust in God always, and he will always come through for you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook