Post Reply
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View what to do when being attacked?
6 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2008 - 9:05PM #11
Discerner
Posts: 1,722

SDA4ever wrote:

Well so much for the interview. I know without a doubt I'm being attacked. The supervisor who caused all the trouble about the dr note got fired. Turns out she was hired by the place I had the interview at as a supervisor. Now I'm not sure what to do. I applied at a few more places. Several friends told me the same thing, theres no way that was coincidence and that I must be being attacked. I'm even having trouble sending a reply on this forum when usually it works great. God must really think I can handle a lot. I don't think I can handle any more. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?



Discerner: Have read the posts in this thread with interest. I thank God that I am retired and no longer have to go through the employment problem. Having been in management for several years while I was working, my suggestion to you is to go to the company you were working for and talk to a manager, or someone of authority, and ask them to do one of the following:

1) Since the company wouldn't accept your doctor's excuse, ask them to give you what they need from the doctor, in writing, and then take it to the doctor for affirmation.

2) If they refuse to accomodate you, ask them to either allow you to return to work or formally fire you, in which case, you can then file for unemployment, provided you meet the ciriteria for unemployment.

3) If the company chooses to either fire you, or refuses to do so but won't let you return to work, contact the local Unemployment Office, and if necessary, the Labor Relations Board in your locality and present your problem to them.

As you assert yourself in this matter, God will be at your side and give you strength to see it through.

God bless!
Discerner

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2008 - 4:35PM #12
SDA4ever
Posts: 8
I have gone through all this already. Waiting to hear about unemployment. All I can do is trust God to put me where He wants me to be. I'm continuing to seek employment and possibly a career change if nothing else works. Thank you for the advice.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2008 - 5:40PM #13
sincerly
Posts: 4,052

SDA4ever wrote:

How do you handle being attacked? I feel like I'm being attacked by the devil right now. I've been talking to a friend quite a bit about God and since then I've been being attacked hard   .



SDA4eve, I would be surprised if you were NOT attacked. If is MHO that we are in the shaking time and all that can be shaken loose from their belief and Faith in Jesus will be so.

As your moniker and mine suggest, let us not waver in our confession and commitment to the TRUE MASTER. God was not strained to fully provide for that "Chosen people (and their herds) in the wilderness for forty years----Why should we doubt HIS protection from "enemies" of all sorts.
Possibly, This persecution is just a nudge to have you consider a place(same area or different location) which HE has a need for you.

"In everything give thanks",......... "Hold fast that which is good". Remember the "Reward" which awaits the "overcomer".

Your brother in Christ,

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2008 - 8:13PM #14
Xanusus
Posts: 52
Keep in mind the experience of Job. He endured a lot of painful hardships and God seemed to be against him and even distant during his sufferings. Yet we know how Job's experience ended. God was always there during Job's trial. God is there for you also. He will not fail you. Sometimes we have to go through fire so that we can be pure as gold before God.

I'll leave you with a short story that has helped me during times of my life where I thought God had forsaken me. Claim the promises of God.


One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.


Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.



When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.


He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.



He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.


This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:


"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."



The LORD replied:


"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2008 - 6:11PM #15
sincerly
Posts: 4,052

Xanusus wrote:

Keep in mind the experience of Job. He endured a lot of painful hardships and God seemed to be against him and even distant during his sufferings. Yet we know how Job's experience ended. God was always there during Job's trial. God is there for you also. He will not fail you. Sometimes we have to go through fire so that we can be pure as gold before God.

I'll leave you with a short story that has helped me during times of my life where I thought God had forsaken me. Claim the promises of God.


One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.


Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.



When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.


He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.



He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.


This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:


"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."



The LORD replied:


"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."



Xanusus, another version of equal truth and more to the point would be the Lord's reply:

My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I was showing you the path and BY FAITH you were WALKING in MY footsteps."

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2010 - 4:44PM #16
wilsonaperez
Posts: 6

Hello. I am a seventh day adventist. I have been all my life and I have accepted God into my life and I have made him my savior. I have no doubt that he is the guide of my life and that he is constantly saving me from attacks from satan. But recently I felt like satan was actually attacking physically. I have never felt this before and i'm pertty nervous and scared that satan is trying to get inside of me. I know that God won't allow that since he is with me always and gives me support through everything. I was just wondering what I can do to stop these attacks and learn to be content and relaxed. I havent been able to relax because i constantly feel like he is trying to physically attack me. How do i deal with this?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2010 - 2:37PM #17
sincerly
Posts: 4,052

Aug 8, 2010 -- 4:44PM, wilsonaperez wrote:

  Hello. I am a seventh day adventist. I have been all my life and I have accepted God into my life and I have made him my savior. I have no doubt that he is the guide of my life and that he is constantly saving me from attacks from satan. But recently I felt like satan was actually attacking physically. I have never felt this before and i'm pertty nervous and scared that satan is trying to get inside of me. I know that God won't allow that since he is with me always and gives me support through everything. I was just wondering what I can do to stop these attacks and learn to be content and relaxed. I havent been able to relax because i constantly feel like he is trying to physically attack me. How do i deal with this?




Hi Wilson, and welcome to the SDA forums.  Faith gives the Victory. Physical attacks are not new. Remember JOB. Also, Look at Paul's physical and mental attacks as seen in 2Cor.11:23-30.   Dispite these things what was Paul's conclusive attitude?  Phil.4:11, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content". (Heb.13:5 and James 1:2-4 gives added support to the fact that Jesus admits that those who follow HIM will suffer persecution.  2Tim. 3:12, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."  

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2010 - 10:38PM #18
wilsonaperez
Posts: 6

Thank you for the response. I have been praying to God constantly and i have felt his presence. I really feel at peace and have learned to let God take care of everything. But i have one concern. I can't help but feel that some bad spirit has gotten inside me and has tried to take me over. I know that all i have to do is trust in God and he will take care of it but at times i get in a state of anxiety and i feel like it will never get better. Can you please help me with that? Do you think that maybe if i talk to my pastor or someone in church, they can help me be in peace?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2010 - 7:03PM #19
sincerly
Posts: 4,052

 


Aug 10, 2010 -- 10:38PM, wilsonaperez wrote:


Thank you for the response. I have been praying to God constantly and i have felt his presence. I really feel at peace and have learned to let God take care of everything. But i have one concern. I can't help but feel that some bad spirit has gotten inside me and has tried to take me over. I know that all i have to do is trust in God and he will take care of it but at times i get in a state of anxiety and i feel like it will never get better. Can you please help me with that? Do you think that maybe if i talk to my pastor or someone in church, they can help me be in peace?






Wilson, As long as you have the Holy Spirit abiding in your "temple", no evil /bad spirit can reside there.  As long as you have not surrendered access to another "spirit" GOD will never leave you.And the HOLY Spirit will continue to guide you in the paths of righteousness.


However, when one surrenders to the "lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life", one has invited those evil/bad spirits to move in and occupy the temple which was bought with a price. Jesus said ABIDE IN ME and OVERCOME. You have been supplied with the armor which will insure victory------Hold Fast---Believe.


 

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2010 - 9:18AM #20
samuelbb7
Posts: 427

It does not take an outside spirit to cause problems. Our own human nature can supply a sense of worry and concern.   I often  contend with a sense that things will go wrong.  As did my mother.  But I turn my eyes from myself to GOD and quiet my own spirit to let the HOLY SPIRIT take over.


It takes prayer and remembering how GOD has led both His people and me down through  history.  I like our current Sabbath school lessons on Caleb and Hannah both people of faith in the face of adversity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook