7 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2008 - 3:10AM #1
Aint_seen_nothin_like_me_yet
I am not a newbie to the Craft. Still, after 2 years of being a witch I am finding the traditional male/female gender polarity is not working for me as a gay man anymore. I have a close relationship with the Goddess. The God I am developing a relationship with. My problem does not lie with the deities themselves but with the heterosexual context that they fall into. I know Wicca is a fertility cult and that fertility implies a heterosexual mythos. But this mythos no longer serves it's purpose for me. I could relate to it, but it doesn't reflect myself nor my place in the Craft. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a gay male mythos. I am trying to define my own, but I would like to see if there are any already existing ones.

Bright blessings,
Aint
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2008 - 7:10AM #2
CreakyHedgewitch
Aint,

Google gay+Wicca.

You will find there are a number of Brotherhoods out there that are gay Wiccan groups/traditions. I've talked to a few individuals down through the years so such a mythos definitely already exists.

C.H.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2008 - 9:16AM #3
bgruagach
The Minoan Brotherhood in particular is a gay male Wiccan denomination.  And Alex Sanders, the founder of the Alexandrian Wicca denomination, was himself bisexual (and perhaps even predominantly gay).  His wife Maxine Sanders talks about Alex's gay relationships a bit in her autobiography "Fire Child."  She mentions too that Alex ran at least one gay male coven.

Fertility is about a lot more than merely heterosexual conception -- it's also about creativity, and the union of things to produce something more.  Heterosexual sex as a symbol of Divine fertility is certainly one obvious expression but it's hardly the only one. 

And as the Lady tells us in The Charge of the Goddess, "all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals."  It doesn't say it must be heterosexual or even sexual!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 11:32PM #4
gwelt
try these books they really helped me:
The Path of the Green Man by Michael Thomas Ford
Gay Witchcraft by Christopher Penczak
Another Mother Tongue by Judy Grahn
Witchcraft and the Gay Counterculture by Arthur Evans
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest