Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Announcement: Welcome to LDS Forum
7 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2008 - 3:58AM #1
moksha8088
Welcome

This forum is for LDS members and those seemingly inextricably linked with the Church. Occasionally some post here who do not fit that mold and I try to delete their posts that are critical. If some escape my notice, please feel free to let me know about them via a pm or email.

Among the LDS participants, there is variation of opinion. They are not always able to speak of those variations of opinion in a Church setting, so a forum like this is invaluable. As far as I know, among LDS type forums it is unique. It requires that participants be both polite and civil and yet is not censorious as to the thoughts and opinions expressed. It is what I think a good forum should be about.

The truths you perceive may not be the same truths that others have perceive. However, this is a place we can talk about those differences. There are always those I disagree with, but it is my choice to love them enough to hear what they have to say. As the Desiderata tells us, there will always be those greater than yourself and those lesser, but they all have their story and deserve to be heard.

Your are always welcome here. :)
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2010 - 11:41AM #2
Superwhiff

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

WOW! I finally feel safe!

I joined the general Beliefnet Community site a few weeks ago and it seems that every message has been a request for a little more than I bargained for.  When every message sounds a little like a request for more than spiritual connectivity...I got a little weirded-out.

Has anyone else felt that way?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2010 - 12:27PM #3
Janadele

Yes Superwhiff,

The internet can be a daunting experience Laughing

Welcome.

I like your smile Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 10:29PM #4
frank

brothers and sisters I'm asking to you, the latino mormons , we are worried Why the cruelty of some mormons members  or conservative republicans(tea party). who are  devoting to propose laws cruel and negativas to  the people without documents, according to you ,that they  you are supporting  this kind of laws imposed for cruel people,.what if every time they are proposed more  and more negative laws, that separating, families, puting on jail people who only was working,...you will go like lambs  to respect this?,having the opportunity to stop this.I wonder where is your reasoning.some times  the way to see  things sin of bigotry, we sometimes think that you have no ability to dicern who is right or what is wrong despite the fact that the church has a huge knowledge, that we tell you. the war on irak was a big atrack,and lot of you suport this negative thing,we don't know  how is posible you are saying to the world you are mormons .mormon means very good and you aren't

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 10:55PM #5
Janadele

Frank,
A country must have laws to protect it's borders, and Latter-day Saints are obliged to uphold the laws of their land.

If all those who left South America for a better life in the US had stayed home and built up their own country, it may have been better for all concerned.

Even so we wish you all the best, and good luck.      

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2011 - 5:06AM #6
frank

better check the mormon book , and is a big lie to close the eyes, I told you , but you stay blind, but  latinos mormons  we don't see to this way,we are watching you aren't able to think for yourself, sorry guys , but nobody believe you. ask to latinos mormons they are thinking diferent, if we styrart to see history you wiil see you are on big mistake.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 5:00PM #7
Gaia-j

Feb 25, 2011 -- 10:29PM, frank wrote:

brothers and sisters I'm asking to you, the latino mormons , we are worried Why the cruelty of some mormons members  or conservative republicans(tea party). who are  devoting to propose laws cruel and negativas to  the people without documents, according to you ,that they  you are supporting  this kind of laws imposed for cruel people,.what if every time they are proposed more  and more negative laws, that separating, families, puting on jail people who only was working,...you will go like lambs  to respect this?,having the opportunity to stop this.I wonder where is your reasoning.some times  the way to see  things sin of bigotry, we sometimes think that you have no ability to dicern who is right or what is wrong despite the fact that the church has a huge knowledge, that we tell you. the war on irak was a big atrack,and lot of you suport this negative thing,we don't know  how is posible you are saying to the world you are mormons .mormon means very good and you aren't

Hello Frank --

I'm sorry that you've (so far) been given "the back of the hand" from the  LDS responders to your heartfelt plea.....

I think Jesus (and those who truly follow Him) would have responded very differently.

Unfortunately, there are some Mormons who have a difficult time empathizing with those who have different life situations from themselves -- problems which they have never had to confront; But please know that there definitely *are* both Mormons and people of other religions, who do care about the problem you raise.

But what's often going on (beneath the surface) is that  many people become frightened when life problems rise up, and unfortunately, a too-often, (and immature but very human) response is to blame those problems on others -- especially groups of people with less power, less money, and less ability to fight back or defend themselves;

- And often, they seek easy, quick "solutions" that will benefit "their" side, rather than complicated ones that will be kind, reasonable, respectful and fair to all.

I'm truly sorry; I wish (as i assure you, many Mormons do) there was more we could do for you and your countrymen and women. 

Blessed Be -

~Gaia

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2011 - 5:14AM #8
Pocohontas

Feb 8, 2008 -- 3:58AM, moksha8088 wrote:

Welcome

This forum is for LDS members and those seemingly inextricably linked with the Church. Occasionally some post here who do not fit that mold and I try to delete their posts that are critical. If some escape my notice, please feel free to let me know about them via a pm or email.

Among the LDS participants, there is variation of opinion. They are not always able to speak of those variations of opinion in a Church setting, so a forum like this is invaluable. As far as I know, among LDS type forums it is unique. It requires that participants be both polite and civil and yet is not censorious as to the thoughts and opinions expressed. It is what I think a good forum should be about.

The truths you perceive may not be the same truths that others have perceive. However, this is a place we can talk about those differences. There are always those I disagree with, but it is my choice to love them enough to hear what they have to say. As the Desiderata tells us, there will always be those greater than yourself and those lesser, but they all have their story and deserve to be heard.

Your are always welcome here. :)

Well, I am a non denominational Christian who believes the Book of Mormon and 
the other Scriptures and Revelations printed by the Church of Jesus Christ and LDS. I have also found many other Scriptures online primarily by the Gnostics of lost gospels, and also some of the Catholic Bible has Scripture not in the 'Protestant' Bible. It is a blessing to be so enlightened although the fear of God overtakes me as I read many Scriptures. Even the Bible.

Thank you for the welcome here. I visited the Mormon Temple in LA Ca a few years ago and was introduced to the Book of Mormon. I have been blessed with an enhanced view of things unexplained in the Bible, for example, the Apostle John did not die and walks the earth today, and the 'other sheep' are decendents of Joseph..( a new explanation! )

Jesus has sheep in all the Churches, and I have visited some of them. I hope to meet you!

Love, Pocohontas 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2011 - 1:08PM #9
brent7

Hi all.

It has been a very long time since I posted here, so I thought I would drop in and say hi. I recognize a few of the members posting here still - they deserve recognition for their dedication and constancy. I am hoping I can benefit those coming here searching for truth, as I am a convert who similarly searched. I hope they will feel free to post their questions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2012 - 6:31PM #10
PhilastusHurlbut

Thank you for the welcome.  I am brandsmaking new to this place.  I am an inactive Mormon in the Maryland area. I look forward to meeting good people and learning much here.

Philastus

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook