Switch to Forum Live View Weird Disappearances
6 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2008 - 11:51PM #1
writingaboutrain
So, since I was in high school, I have had a series of strange disappearances happen to me.  It hasn't happened an absurd amount of times, but each time it has happened has stood out in my memory very distinctly for some reason.  Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I'll explain what all has happened and maybe someone can tell me if anything strange is going on.

The first time I was in my junior year of high school.  I was sitting in my desk in class, at the back of the classroom.  Due to the layout of the seating, no one was within reaching distance of my desk.  I had a clip in my hair, and it was slipping out.  To fix it, I took the clip out of my hair and layed it on my desk. As I combed through my hair with my fingers, I turned in my desk to answer someone's question they asked me.  When I turned around in my desk, the clip was totally gone!  As in, disappeared out of thin air.  It was NO WHERE.  I searched for at least five minutes, looking everywhere.  I asked everyone around me, and no one could find it either.  It was gone, and I never saw it again, nor did my teacher ever find it.

The second time was a year later.  My boyfriend had given me a beautiful metal bookmark with a moon pendant on it.  I was in my living room reading, and I placed the bookmark on the arm of the couch.  I sat my book down on my seat while I went to go get a drink.  When I came back, I went to put the bookmark in my book, as I was done reading, but my bookmark was gone.  No one was in the room, and I had no pets at that time.  I tore apart my entire living room looking for it, but, like last time, I never found it again, nor did any of my family members.

The third time was very strange.  It was last year, and I had gone home from college to visit my parents.  I had a cat, and I took her there in a cat carrier.  I had placed a bright yellow blanket on the bottom of the carrier for comfort.  When it was time to go back home, I went to get the cat carrier.  I opened it up to put my cat in, and the yellow blanket was gone.  I went around, looking for the blanket, but I couldn't find it.  I finally decided to leave without it, so I go to put my cat in the carrier again.  The blanket was back in there, neatly folded!  I was sooo confused.  Once again, no one in the room or even in the house. 

The last time was a couple weeks ago.  I had grabbed a pack of pop-tarts from the pantry on my way out the door to work.  I ended up only eating one of the two pop-tarts, so I tucked the last one, still in the foil, in the front pocket of my lunchbag.  When I got home, I put the lunchbag on my table.  The next morning, I get up to go to work.  I remembered I still had the pop-tart from the day before.  I open my lunchbag, and discover that the pop-tart is gone.  The weird thing was, the FOIL was still in there, not crumpled up or anything, but the actual pop-tart was gone.  I lived in my apartment alone, as my roommates hadn't moved back in yet.

Am I just paranoid?  The incidents are just so weird, and they stick in my mind way more vividly than when I simply misplace things.  These things just seemed to disappear out of thin air.  I don't believe in faeries or anything like that, but its just so random.  I joke with my friends that I have mischevious spirits, but I'm sure I really believe in that.

What do you think?  Good grief, I feel so silly!

Alexandria
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2008 - 12:53AM #2
TheWhiteHart
Maybe it's the pixies...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2008 - 3:05PM #3
writingaboutrain
wait, are you serious or sarcastic?  On this board, it's hard to tell, lol.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2008 - 4:47PM #4
TheWhiteHart
LOL! Both, probably. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2008 - 4:47PM #5
TheWhiteHart
LOL! Both, probably. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel