Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Can Somebody, Anybody, Please help me.
6 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2008 - 9:32PM #21
Sacrificialgoddess

confusedkitten wrote:

In all my six years of traipsing around the world of witchcraft/wicca/paganism/ and the like, I have NEVER seen something like this. This is straight-outta Dr. Faustus. I guess if you worked some of that ancient seals/key of Solomon high magic, you might be able to stir up some trouble. But that is a whole 'nother story.  I am not saying negative forces and spirits are out of the question...but a 7 year old?

A 7 year old to know about that kind of high magic I am almost positive is impossible. If anything, he had a crazy dream after watching some scary movie...or, hes just being a jerk and making it up, or maybe the whole post is just to get the wiccans and people who are honestly trying to help in a rile.

No offense, but goodness sakes. Wiccans especially dont deal with the Christian notion of demons, thats a whole myth that the Christians made up themselves to scare children and uneducated peasants into complacency.

*shrugs*   One man's god is another man's demon.  And gods do approach 7 year olds.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2008 - 9:32PM #22
Sacrificialgoddess

confusedkitten wrote:

In all my six years of traipsing around the world of witchcraft/wicca/paganism/ and the like, I have NEVER seen something like this. This is straight-outta Dr. Faustus. I guess if you worked some of that ancient seals/key of Solomon high magic, you might be able to stir up some trouble. But that is a whole 'nother story.  I am not saying negative forces and spirits are out of the question...but a 7 year old?

A 7 year old to know about that kind of high magic I am almost positive is impossible. If anything, he had a crazy dream after watching some scary movie...or, hes just being a jerk and making it up, or maybe the whole post is just to get the wiccans and people who are honestly trying to help in a rile.

No offense, but goodness sakes. Wiccans especially dont deal with the Christian notion of demons, thats a whole myth that the Christians made up themselves to scare children and uneducated peasants into complacency.

*shrugs*   One man's god is another man's demon.  And gods do approach 7 year olds.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2008 - 1:24PM #23
Aint_seen_nothin_like_me_yet
Well, I'm not inclined to believe this in the slightest. I believe he is either having delusions of grandure, or he is a teller of tall tales. Either way, I'd run.

But let's assume for a moment that I actually believe him, what could this be. Well this board wouldn't be the best place to go as Wiccans don't believe in absolute good or absolute evil (generally). There are horrible spirits and negative energies in the world just like there are horrible people, but the idea of a demon would be foreign. A few Wiccans and Pagans I know use the word daemon to reference their higher self or holy guardian angel as it's called in some traditions. A few branches of Wicca that are incredibly invested in ceremonial magick do summon demons as part of Goetic magick. But I never have nor do most Wiccans today. So I assume it could be possible to summon a demon.

In any case, the spirit world is a strange and often frightening place. There are dangers there just as there are dangers on this plane. Some spirits intend to build up, others are sadistic and intend to destroy just like this world. In my mystical encounters I have met some intresting spirits, and some I wish never to associate with again. Some spirits are frightening but actually teach valuable lessons and challenge us in ways we have never known. It's not as simple in Wicca and many other branches of Paganism as black and white, and angels and demons. Contact with spirits is dangerous, rewarding, beautiful, and should not be undertaken lightly

As I said, I don't believe his story. But I do present a few ideas for thought.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2009 - 7:19AM #24
CreakyHedgewitch

Silverthistle,

Well, I am not sure why telling someone they have been hoodwinked would be a ‘happier’ alternative for them but that option was actually offered by two of the members responding in this thread. Each of us will read something different into such a post. Each person who took the time to respond did so based on his or her background, experiences and filters and hence you end up with such differing alternatives. Which is what such discussions can be so useful for, wouldn't you agree?

Most responding two years ago were long time board members so their later responses might also have been influenced to some degree in that the OT’s behaviour turned out to be that of a fly-by. That is when someone makes an initial post, asks for an email response and then never posts again. So no one ever knows if they return and see any of the responses offered. Fly-by's typically tend to be perceived as someone that can’t be bothered to stay on the message board/community where they could continue the conversation with anyone that took the time to respond. Now some folks are more comfortable discussing personal matters by email and not in a public forum. Yet responding to an email address also carries its own risks. In the end, a fly-by OT never clarifies or expands on the few bits of information offered in his or her initial post, so that is all that anyone can discuss. To me, the reality is that we’ll never know if some of the alternatives that you mentioned might have come up if this OT had actually returned to participate further.That to me would have been a happier alternative. Laughing

C.H.
Beliefnet Host
Wicca Forum

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2009 - 1:00PM #25
KeaErisdottir

Everyone else has covered the "demons are not wicca" bit (not arguing just saying it's covered) and the he might be psychotic, manipulating or pulling your leg or have been dreaming bit. So I'm gonna go with something new.

Don't know much about Goetia or its applications within Wicca, do you?

All other statements I've made in this thread, which is something like 2 years old, stand.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook