Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome Thread!
4 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2010 - 9:50PM #51
mountain_man

Jul 28, 2010 -- 8:29AM, Mrtemijin wrote:

Hi.  I'm an existentialist, and an atheist.  I'm also an ex-Christian.  Currently reading "The Greatest Show on Earth".  Enjoying it so far. 

Anyway, just saying hi

Hi. Jump in and speak your mind. We always need more Atheists around here.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 10:42PM #52
deanjay

Hi! Raised Pentecostal, turned out rational skeptic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2010 - 11:50PM #53
mountain_man

Aug 26, 2010 -- 10:42PM, deanjay wrote:

Sometimes that happens. Laughing

Welcome.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2010 - 9:46AM #54
Agnosticspirit

Aug 26, 2010 -- 10:42PM, deanjay wrote:

Congratulations, from the darkness of blind faith to the wide-eyed light of reason! :)

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Apr 27, 2013 - 11:49PM #55
singspraise

Hi everyone! Im new on this forum and I recently left the insanity that is religion Wink I came to this understanding because the bible and all the other religions make absolutley no sense whatsoever! I havent told anyone but my closests friends. So I am just learning more and more every day. I grew up christian and then my family decided to be jewish and then messianic. I also married a muslim and had lots of friends of other faiths. ( the marriage didnt work out after only 2 years) I have studied all of these religions in depth and they all seem like nonsense to me. I am currently writing a deconversions story for ex christian website and maybe i will post one on here as well. I must say that ever sense I let go of the BS I have felt more alive and free and unburdened than I have ever felt before! Cool

"first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"
-Mahatma Ghandi
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook