Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Not of your faith but curious ...
5 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2009 - 2:20PM #11
sincerly

Lori, I wasn't offended by your post, but agreeing that many have an acquaintance with the Bible, but for any number of reasons, fail to follow GOD'S Will.

Of course, you are absolutely correct in following the convection of your understanding of the scriptures. That which is a meaningful worship to one may not be such for another.  Only God spelled out the correct "Follow Me"/"Way".  Which wasn't through "men's councils or traditions."  Christ warned about the "Broad way" and indicated only those on the "straight and narrow way"/path would prevail. Therefore,  my asking:

Lori, what  is your understanding/interpretation  of Eph.4:1-5:20 in context of 2:19-22? Do you believe that Eve was worshiping the True GOD when she was "obeying" a different voice?  Wasn't one of Christ's temptations concerning worship?(And that of the True GOD?)

Also, Take a look at Matt.7:21-23. WAS Jesus unfair in HIS judgment of their motives? Can one deceive one's self concerning "their profession?  In this world, Jesus said we would have one of two masters--------Whose Will are we following?

Thanks be to GOD that we can learn more concerning HIM and change our minds/opinions.  Prov.14:12 would do us all in if we failed to see where some of our choices would end.

Phil.4:8 admonishes us to "think on these things", such as above, and other of Paul's writings----1Cor.10:6, 11; Heb.4:2; 2Tim.2:15; which are the same Scriptures which Jesus said "search"(John 5:39) and so did Paul. (Acts 17:11; 24:14)

As one can see, the principles and teachings of the O.T. continued to be the "Authoritative WORD" taught by Jesus and the Apostles.  It is still the "Everlasting Gospel".

One has to take into consideration Paul's 2 Thess.2:3-4 and that "Power" continuing to the end of time.(as seen in Daniel and Revelation) (Since it corrupted the "gospel")

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 1:17PM #12
samuelbb7

One of the points we believe is a problem that Martin Luther struggled with.

We do not believe in immortal souls.  We believe that when a person dies they are asleep in the grave awaiting the resurrection.  Also we believe that the wages of sin is death. Not eternal life in hell.

The biggest problem you might have with your new relatives is on our eating habits. SDA do not eat foods that the Bible calls unclean.  We believe these Health regulations apply to all people.  Many SDA's eat a lot of vegetarian food also.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 27, 2009 - 3:19PM #13
Lutz13
[/quote]

I think the size of the church may be a factor. I recently found a small congregation of SDA people that I really enjoy. They seem very real and are lovely people. When you have a bigger church, you feel a lack of fellowship. Atleast that is how it seems.

Something Ellen White wrote that really popped out at me and helped me a lot. It's in Desire of Ages page, 390 where she says:

"As our physical life is sustained by food, so our spiritual life is sustained by the word of God. And every soul is to recieve life from God's word for himself. As we must eat for ourselves in order to recieve nourishment, so we must recieve the word for ourselves. we are not to obtain it merely through the medium of another's mind. We should carefully study the Bible, asking God for the aid for the Holy Spirit, that we may understand His word. We should take one verse, and concentrate the mind on the task of ascertaining the thought which God has put in that verse for us. We should dwell upon the thought until it becomes our own, and we know 'what saith the Lord'"

So like you said. What is important is believing in God's word. And eating of it daily. Which church you belong to isn't going to be the deciding factor if you make it or not.

Also, we shouldn't have faith in churches or religion, our faith should be in Christ. He will then lead us down His path if we keep our eyes fixed on Him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2009 - 8:14PM #14
samuelbb7

True Lutz putting our faith in churches will always fail. People will fail us. But GOD does not.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook