Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Not of your faith but curious ...
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 7:59PM #1
lori-dee-3
Hi all! I was hoping that you could give me some insight on what your beliefs are. My daughter married an SDA and so we are very interested ... especially when it comes to family life. I am of the Mo. Synod  Lutheran religion. How different are these religions AS WELL as alike???
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 11:36PM #2
sincerly

lori-dee-3 wrote:

Hi all! I was hoping that you could give me some insight on what your beliefs are. My daughter married an SDA and so we are very interested ... especially when it comes to family life. I am of the Mo. Synod Lutheran religion. How different are these religions AS WELL as alike???

Lori, Welcome to the SDA Forums!!
There are a few Differences, but  I will let you see and decide for yourself . If you will go to this site you will find our "Fundamental Beliefs".
http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/fundamental/index.html

Basically this forum is for SDA to SDA, but I don't mind answering your Question. The Forum you should have been on is the "Welcome--Seventh Day Adventism" ----And should you want to debate any of our Beliefs-----that is the "Discuss---Seventh Day Adventism."

So with that information, I look forward to many more conversations.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2008 - 2:15AM #3
mrfountain
[QUOTE=lori-dee-3;700036]Hi all! I was hoping that you could give me some insight on what your beliefs are. My daughter married an SDA and so we are very interested ... especially when it comes to family life. I am of the Mo. Synod  Lutheran religion. How different are these religions AS WELL as alike???[/QUOTE]
Hi my name is  mitchell,and we sd,s believe in the three angels messages from rev;14.We  also believe in keeping the true sabbath day wherein that would make the sabbath day on saturday.SDA,s believe also in keeping all ten,not nine of the commandments and keeping our bodies(temples)clean with good thoughts and good food ha ha.If you have anything you would like to know I will be blessed to answer any question,God bless,preacher man.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 11:20PM #4
Haldog
And some SDA's believe that the work of Jesus Christ on the cross was a finished atoning work and sin is no longer a problem with God, it was taken care of 2000 years ago.  Praise God!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2009 - 9:36PM #5
sincerly

Haldog wrote:

And some SDA's believe that the work of Jesus Christ on the cross was a finished atoning work and sin is no longer a problem with God, it was taken care of 2000 years ago. Praise God!

Hal, Technically, Jesus is the "Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" Rev.13:8; therefore, sin and its correcting solution was solved over 6000 years ago. The "FULFILLING ACT" was accomplished 2000 years ago.
However, there is still a portion of the final eradication of "sin and wickedness(including Satan and his evil angels) and the "creation of the new heavens and new earth" which is future.(but certain)

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2009 - 1:56PM #6
lori-dee-3

sincerly wrote:

Hal, Technically, Jesus is the "Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" Rev.13:8; therefore, sin and its correcting solution was solved over 6000 years ago. The "FULFILLING ACT" was accomplished 2000 years ago.
However, there is still a portion of the final eradication of "sin and wickedness(including Satan and his evil angels) and the "creation of the new heavens and new earth" which is future.(but certain)

Thank you for you help. It was most helpful.

Friends Through Christ,
lori-dee-3

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2009 - 1:59PM #7
lori-dee-3

sincerly wrote:

Lori, Welcome to the SDA Forums!!
There are a few Differences, but  I will let you see and decide for yourself . If you will go to this site you will find our "Fundamental Beliefs".
http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/fundamental/index.html

Basically this forum is for SDA to SDA, but I don't mind answering your Question. The Forum you should have been on is the "Welcome--Seventh Day Adventism" ----And should you want to debate any of our Beliefs-----that is the "Discuss---Seventh Day Adventism."

So with that information, I look forward to many more conversations.

Thank you for your web site, it helped me understand more.

Yours In Christ

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2009 - 12:30PM #8
lori-dee-3

Sep 23, 2008 -- 2:15AM, mrfountain wrote:

lori-dee-3 wrote:

Hi all! I was hoping that you could give me some insight on what your beliefs are. My daughter married an SDA and so we are very interested ... especially when it comes to family life. I am of the Mo. Synod  Lutheran religion. How different are these religions AS WELL as alike???

Hi my name is  mitchell,and we sd,s believe in the three angels messages from rev;14.We  also believe in keeping the true sabbath day wherein that would make the sabbath day on saturday.SDA,s believe also in keeping all ten,not nine of the commandments and keeping our bodies(temples)clean with good thoughts and good food ha ha.If you have anything you would like to know I will be blessed to answer any question,God bless,preacher man.

I would like to add that some Lutherans DO acknowdedge the true sabbath (Saturday) and so you SDA's shouldn't be so fast in putting down others just because we have a different faith than yours. After all, we all worship the one true Lord and Savior of all mankind do we not? "Many blessing!"

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2009 - 10:44PM #9
sincerly

Feb 27, 2009 -- 12:30PM, lori-dee-3 wrote:

lori-dee-3 wrote:

Hi all! I was hoping that you could give me some insight on what your beliefs are. My daughter married an SDA and so we are very interested ... especially when it comes to family life. I am of the Mo. Synod Lutheran religion. How different are these religions AS WELL as alike???

Hi my name is mitchell,and we sd,s believe in the three angels messages from rev;14.We also believe in keeping the true sabbath day wherein that would make the sabbath day on saturday.SDA,s believe also in keeping all ten,not nine of the commandments and keeping our bodies(temples)clean with good thoughts and good food ha ha.If you have anything you would like to know I will be blessed to answer any question,God bless,preacher man.

I would like to add that some Lutherans DO acknowdedge the true sabbath (Saturday) and so you SDA's shouldn't be so fast in putting down others just because we have a different faith than yours. After all, we all worship the one true Lord and Savior of all mankind do we not? "Many blessing!"

Lori, what  is your understanding/interpretation  of Eph.4:1-5:20 in context of 2:19-22? Do you believe that Eve was worshiping the True GOD when she was "obeying" a different voice?  Wasn't one of Christ's temptations concerning worship?(And that of the True GOD?)

Also, Take a look at Matt.7:21-23. WAS Jesus unfair in HIS judgment of their motives? Can one deceive one's self concerning "their profession?  In this world, Jesus said we would have one of two masters--------Whose Will are we following?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 4:29PM #10
lori-dee-3

Feb 27, 2009 -- 10:44PM, sincerly wrote:

Feb 27, 2009 -- 12:30PM, lori-dee-3 wrote:

lori-dee-3 wrote:

Hi my name is mitchell,and we sd,s believe in the three angels messages from rev;14.We also believe in keeping the true sabbath day wherein that would make the sabbath day on saturday.SDA,s believe also in keeping all ten,not nine of the commandments and keeping our bodies(temples)clean with good thoughts and good food ha ha.If you have anything you would like to know I will be blessed to answer any question,God bless,preacher man.

Lori, what  is your understanding/interpretation  of Eph.4:1-5:20 in context of 2:19-22? Do you believe that Eve was worshiping the True GOD when she was "obeying" a different voice?  Wasn't one of Christ's temptations concerning worship?(And that of the True GOD?)

Also, Take a look at Matt.7:21-23. WAS Jesus unfair in HIS judgment of their motives? Can one deceive one's self concerning "their profession?  In this world, Jesus said we would have one of two masters--------Whose Will are we following?

Mitchell, again please do NOT be offended by me. I am not here to justify my faith, just as you do not need to justify why you believe in the faith in which you do. The main thing is that we DO believe in the Holy Bible, of God's Holy Words "alone"! So many do not believe in God and I feel for them. I simply just wanted to know the differences of your faith verses the Lutheran faith. Plain and simple. And before you go and say that you "only" take heart to all 10 Commandments I was trying to tell you that I; as a Lutheran DO know about the Sabbath and DO worship on Saturday. Some Lutherans do worship on Saturdays. That is all I meant to say. Sorry if we got off on the wrong footing here. But I know that there are other teachings within the SDA that just don't seem right, not to me. Maybe they are ok for you and it is fitting for you, but I yearn more ... My church seems so much more real. It may be  that they (SDA) haven't the right pastor to motivate members or what have you, but just visiting those few times I never got a real connection like I do in my church. Either way I'm fully staying 100% a Lutheran. Just was inquiring for others. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook