Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View if reincarnation is about becoming a better person in the next life.....?
10 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 7:27AM #11
DotNotInOz
[QUOTE=leftuncheckd;705998]<
Disagree with you on the above, leftincheckd. Not recalling past lives during a given incarnation could well be spirit's choice, IMO. Perhaps the intent might be a lifetime of active service to others so that pondering past lives could distract from important tasks.

But then, I don't believe everyone needs to know until a desire to do so becomes strong.

>>Remembering doesn't necessarily make you a better person, but it can surely make a person better off.[/QUOTE]

Nor does it necessarily make one a better, more spiritual person. I expect you'll agree it's all about how we USE the knowledge, not merely that we have it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2008 - 3:31AM #12
leftuncheckd

DotNotInOz wrote:

Disagree with you on the above, leftincheckd. Not recalling past lives during a given incarnation could well be spirit's choice, IMO. Perhaps the intent might be a lifetime of active service to others so that pondering past lives could distract from important tasks.

<>>Yes, you must be able to remember your past if you want to change your Present life.
<>>I wanted to buy a couple Certificates of Deposit so I checkd the I'net for the best rates
around here for short-term C of Ds. I found a bank in OP, Ks. with the highest rates. The
bank has 4 locations all south of I-435. I was driving in from the west so I went to the
westernmost branch.
<While I'm sitting there I glance around and my recall starts to come on inside me. Even though
I've never been in this bank during this lifecycle, I recognize everything. The decor, the
guy in front of me, the bank officer, everything.
<from this bank before. I also remember that this bank closes and goes out of business about
7 months into my 15 month C of Ds. I do get my money back through FDIC, but just the initial
deposit. The 7 months interest was forfeited.
<>Needless to say I got up and left the bank. I'll buy the C of Ds next week from another
bank.
>>Now if I hadn't remembered my past life(s) experiences I would have Certificates from that
bank in my possession right now. And in 7 months they wouldn't be worth the paper they're written
on.
>^>>YOU MUST REMEMBER THE PAST IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE PRESENT.

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2008 - 10:48PM #13
leftuncheckd

leftuncheckd wrote:

<>>Yes, you must be able to remember your past if you want to change your Present life.
<>>I wanted to buy a couple Certificates of Deposit so I checkd the I'net for the best rates
around here for short-term C of Ds. I found a bank in OP, Ks. with the highest rates. The
bank has 4 locations all south of I-435. I was driving in from the west so I went to the
westernmost branch.
<While I'm sitting there I glance around and my recall starts to come on inside me. Even though
I've never been in this bank during this lifecycle, I recognize everything. The decor, the
guy in front of me, the bank officer, everything.
<from this bank before. I also remember that this bank closes and goes out of business about
7 months into my 15 month C of Ds. I do get my money back through FDIC, but just the initial
deposit. The 7 months interest was forfeited.
<>Needless to say I got up and left the bank. I'll buy the C of Ds next week from another
bank.
>>Now if I hadn't remembered my past life(s) experiences I would have Certificates from that
bank in my possession right now. And in 7 months they wouldn't be worth the paper they're written
on.
>^>>YOU MUST REMEMBER THE PAST IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE PRESENT.

==================================================================
<>>The bank didn't wait 7 months to go out of business, They went out of business TODAY........ 8-23-08.
<>>REMEMBERING PAST LIFES DOESN'T NECESSARILY MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON
<>.I feel like hoopin and a holllerin tonite. I was right again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2008 - 9:23PM #14
williejhonlo
[QUOTE=Nithyananda;692491]Life is like a playground for expression and experiences. Everyone come into various planes of life to live out a certain number of desires that they want to experience. If  there are still unfulfilled desires remain, one will be drawn to reincarnate in order to fulfill these desires.[/QUOTE] In other words as long as we are conditioned by nature we keep ourselves in it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 26, 2008 - 7:15AM #15
DotNotInOz

williejhonlo wrote:

In other words as long as we are conditioned by nature we keep ourselves in it.

I'm not sure I understand correctly what you mean by "conditioned by nature." I tend to think that we will keep living physical plane lifetimes as long as spirit has virtues such as determination, courage, love in various circumstances, mercy, kindness, etc. to learn and experience. To some extent, that spirit has failings and weaknesses to balance out by acquiring these virtues also determines how long it will continue to reincarnate as a physical being.

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2008 - 7:13PM #16
williejhonlo
[QUOTE=DotNotInOz;715423]I'm not sure I understand correctly what you mean by "conditioned by nature." I tend to think that we will keep living physical plane lifetimes as long as spirit has virtues such as determination, courage, love in various circumstances, mercy, kindness, etc. to learn and experience. To some extent, that spirit has failings and weaknesses to balance out by acquiring these virtues also determines how long it will continue to reincarnate as a physical being.[/QUOTE] By conditioning i mean the qualities of ignorance, passion,and goodness are subtle qualities that produce perceptions and goals of life.  The quality of ignorance makes us identify the body as the self and from this false perception we pursue goals of life that actually do not help us to become spiritually elevated. Passion represents sense gratification, sexual inclination, it is said that one of the greatest pleasures of material existence is sex, but being so conditioned by passion (sex ) we tend to think that theres nothing greater than this and we neglect spiritual life. Goodness conditions one to the quest for knowledge certain vocations of life are derived from it ( scientist, philosopher, poet, etc. ) by developing more knowledge about material phenomena we tend to be conditioned by the desire to manipulate nature for our own ends. Being thus conditioned by these subtle material qualities we forget the importance for spitual life and we don't take full advantage of the human form that is a gift from God for the soul because of its deveoped consciousness which can inquire into the truths  like - what am i? where have i come from? what is God? etc.  By not taking full advantage of this human birth we cannot become liberated which is the goal of this life.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 2:15PM #17
williejhonlo
[QUOTE=Original angel;721143]Hi
I ask my self what or why or how many thought a simple question can bring and to this degree  you have succed by asking your question,
Do  the question that you realy meant to ask is who I'm, what do I have, and why it is so iportant to know all of the above. if  a seaman is lost in the sea and do not have any maps and its sense of direction is confused what is the most rational thing that this seaman may do beside here and there go in to dispear?
will this seaman  will try to orientate it self to its surrounding? will it try to concive what may lie on the horizont. will he ultimately pursue a direction in order to save it self.
well the situation today is some how some what diferent, there are to many maps, and all of them asy to you to go in a direction now you have to figure which direction is the correct one and it is not a easy task. and realy you are now in the supermarket of maps all of them  as a sale pich anounce that they are the best. and you the buyer need to look, think and see what is what they offer.
First of all  the subject of reincarnation offer the confirmation that you are a spiritual being.that you are not your body, that you have a past,  that you are here and that you will be in the future.
that brings awereness to the realization that the self is lost in the myriad of the Sansara. and that it need to construct maps base on what he has experience if he is going to be able to figure a way out of the condition in which the self is.
there is more to it do becuause by doing that the self come to understand it self, its mind,and repair what ever the self  find wrong  with in.
and if the self  do that it get to a place covet for all of us for very long time this place is the place from where he know enough so that he will mantain our self and advance to where  the self originaly wished to get to. the aim is to get to that place that I call  the 50% on the scale of existence
I will call this leson 101 on reincarnation
from a original angel which we all  are.[/QUOTE] Questions represent ignorance, therefore ignorance represents a state of consciousness that is an imposition on the soul. Example;we say,my body, but is it really my body, answer no, because if the body actually belonged to me i would not be accountable for my actions ( karma ) the fact that i'm responsible means i'm under divine law ( karma ). The soul has past and future bodies, but he the soul has no past or future because he's an eternal constant. As far as maps go the one that directs you to that place where there is no birth, death, or any kind of suffering whatsoever thats the best map to follow. The soul itself can't construct this map because if he already knew of this place drawing a map to it would be a waste of time, this map ( scripture ) is provided by God who wants the soul to come back home to godhead.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 2:15PM #18
williejhonlo
[QUOTE=Original angel;721143]Hi
I ask my self what or why or how many thought a simple question can bring and to this degree  you have succed by asking your question,
Do  the question that you realy meant to ask is who I'm, what do I have, and why it is so iportant to know all of the above. if  a seaman is lost in the sea and do not have any maps and its sense of direction is confused what is the most rational thing that this seaman may do beside here and there go in to dispear?
will this seaman  will try to orientate it self to its surrounding? will it try to concive what may lie on the horizont. will he ultimately pursue a direction in order to save it self.
well the situation today is some how some what diferent, there are to many maps, and all of them asy to you to go in a direction now you have to figure which direction is the correct one and it is not a easy task. and realy you are now in the supermarket of maps all of them  as a sale pich anounce that they are the best. and you the buyer need to look, think and see what is what they offer.
First of all  the subject of reincarnation offer the confirmation that you are a spiritual being.that you are not your body, that you have a past,  that you are here and that you will be in the future.
that brings awereness to the realization that the self is lost in the myriad of the Sansara. and that it need to construct maps base on what he has experience if he is going to be able to figure a way out of the condition in which the self is.
there is more to it do becuause by doing that the self come to understand it self, its mind,and repair what ever the self  find wrong  with in.
and if the self  do that it get to a place covet for all of us for very long time this place is the place from where he know enough so that he will mantain our self and advance to where  the self originaly wished to get to. the aim is to get to that place that I call  the 50% on the scale of existence
I will call this leson 101 on reincarnation
from a original angel which we all  are.[/QUOTE] Questions represent ignorance, therefore ignorance represents a state of consciousness that is an imposition on the soul. Example;we say,my body, but is it really my body, answer no, because if the body actually belonged to me i would not be accountable for my actions ( karma ) the fact that i'm responsible means i'm under divine law ( karma ). The soul has past and future bodies, but he the soul has no past or future because he's an eternal constant. As far as maps go the one that directs you to that place where there is no birth, death, or any kind of suffering whatsoever thats the best map to follow. The soul itself can't construct this map because if he already knew of this place drawing a map to it would be a waste of time, this map ( scripture ) is provided by God who wants the soul to come back home to godhead.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2008 - 2:57PM #19
Nithyananda
Our mind is constantly focused on the past and the future, caught in the web of dilema between these two. Our mind would like to interpret everything based on the unreality of what has happened in the past and what it would like to happen in the future. 

If for a moment, we could suspend desires and thoughts, if only we could disengage our minds, we would be in the present. We would be where reality is, where life is, where Bliss is. Being in the present , being in the here and now guarantees that we are grounded in reality, free from maya. In this state, we see life as it is, not as we want it to be.

In this state of the present , there are no expectations, as we take things as they are, as they come; there are no emotional attachments and we are light in the Being; there are no unfulfilled desires, no samskara anymore, and we are close to the awareness of enlightenment.

Because there are no attachments in the present , there is no suffering.  This is what Buddha referred to , when he said that desires cause suffering( that the attachment to what we want and the hangover of our desires causes suffering. Mindfulness ( the ability to be in the present) eliminates suffering.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2008 - 7:58PM #20
williejhonlo
[QUOTE=Nithyananda;727124]Our mind is constantly focused on the past and the future, caught in the web of dilema between these two. Our mind would like to interpret everything based on the unreality of what has happened in the past and what it would like to happen in the future. 

If for a moment, we could suspend desires and thoughts, if only we could disengage our minds, we would be in the present. We would be where reality is, where life is, where Bliss is. Being in the present , being in the here and now guarantees that we are grounded in reality, free from maya. In this state, we see life as it is, not as we want it to be.

In this state of the present , there are no expectations, as we take things as they are, as they come; there are no emotional attachments and we are light in the Being; there are no unfulfilled desires, no samskara anymore, and we are close to the awareness of enlightenment.

Because there are no attachments in the present , there is no suffering.  This is what Buddha referred to , when he said that desires cause suffering( that the attachment to what we want and the hangover of our desires causes suffering. Mindfulness ( the ability to be in the present) eliminates suffering.[/QUOTE]Yes i agree, reality is a constant present because thats the nature of consciousness and its quality of being beyond change and deteriation in contrast to the body. It also has a dynamic quality of pleasure from which desire is derived from, so i don't believe desire can be killed but must be refocused to a realm that this material realm is just a shadow of. I would not per se say that desires cause suffering but attachment to some type of relationships cause suffering, like the self being attached to the body and thinking itself a material by-product thus it suffers the miseries of old age and death.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook