Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View if reincarnation is about becoming a better person in the next life.....?
6 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 6:06PM #1
evythecute
First of all i am not really understanding how our past lives are supposed to teach us how to be better people in future lives; when most of us doesn't remember past lives? how can we learn from something we don't remember?

Also if it is true that past lives are supposed to teach us to be better people in the next; why does it seem like there is more and more "bad" people? shouldn't we as a whole be becoming better people? or are all the jerks in the world new souls that haven't learned yet?lol
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 10:42PM #2
One_World
Good questions. It isn't universally accepted that past lives are supposed to teach us to be better people in future lives. It's certainly a nice thought, but I think a big reason for the existence of past lives is the experience. The lifeforce that flows through us keeps moving, allowing us to experience various situations that we might not in one mortal body.

As far as why there seem to be more and more "bad" people, I think that's just a product of the times we live in. Someone living in say 1738 may have thought that time was the most difficult time in world history...we're always have a bias when it comes to something of which we have first hand knowledge. It may well be that many souls are just jerks ;) but I tend to think it's all about the personal growth needed to ascend above our current experience. If we want to improve our spirit, we must endure each life until we figure it out. No one said it would be easy, but it's all we have. As the good doctor so famously said, "Buy the ticket, take the ride".

Just my two cents...
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars ~ Oscar Wilde
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2008 - 12:08AM #3
mikeincolorado
If you look at the reincarnation 101 thread pinned to the top of this forum, there are some suggestions that might be used to access a PLM.
As far as "more bad people" - I think that' may be perception. I find I can unconsciously accept the "bad" I see in the world as commonplace, where in reality it's unusual enough to be newsworthy.
Besides - "good" and "bad" are relative. It's just experience
Mike

"When I've learned enough to really live, I'll be old enough to die" - Johnny Cash
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2008 - 3:03AM #4
DotNotInOz

evythecute wrote:

First of all i am not really understanding how our past lives are supposed to teach us how to be better people in future lives; when most of us doesn't remember past lives? how can we learn from something we don't remember?

I agree with One World's point about things we don't remember still being experiences we've had that have helped us learn anyway. I bet you know how to walk and don't remember learning to do so. You probably also don't remember being taught to talk. Doesn't make any difference that you can't remember how you learned, you still know.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2008 - 1:32AM #5
Nithyananda
Life is like a playground for expression and experiences. Everyone come into various planes of life to live out a certain number of desires that they want to experience. If  there are still unfulfilled desires remain, one will be drawn to reincarnate in order to fulfill these desires.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2008 - 4:03AM #6
Curious_Soul
[QUOTE=evythecute;689086]First of all i am not really understanding how our past lives are supposed to teach us how to be better people in future lives; when most of us doesn't remember past lives? how can we learn from something we don't remember?

Also if it is true that past lives are supposed to teach us to be better people in the next; why does it seem like there is more and more "bad" people? shouldn't we as a whole be becoming better people? or are all the jerks in the world new souls that haven't learned yet?lol[/QUOTE]

i havent done much research into past lifes and there meaning...i am more interested in living in the NOW...but i do think alot about polarities/opposites yin yang etc

so i would say we need that which we call "bad" in order to understand that which we call "good"....what is superman without lex luther??

i like this quote...:)

Scarface Quote
Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? >>You need people like me.<< You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!
Just Curious!

Mohinder: [Voiceover] Where does it come from? This quest? This need to solve lifes mysteries when the simpliest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we would be better off not looking at all. Not delving. Not yearning. But that's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here. Yet still we struggle to make a difference. To change the world. To dream of hope. Never knowing for certain who we'll meet along the way. Who, among the world of strangers, will hold our hand. Touch our hearts. And share the pain of trying. __Heroes

Paulo Coelho — 'behind the mask of ice that people wear, there beats a heart of fire.'
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2008 - 1:19PM #7
Petra_44
Try the following: Don't turn on the TV or radio, don't surf the Internet and don't buy a newspaper for a month or two. After that time, think again: Are there so many bad people in the world? Is life mostly good or mostly bad?

I think a lot is just perspective. Of course it's bad if people are jailed in China for daring to speak their mind. But the thing is: A few hundred years ago, you'd never have heard of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2008 - 1:59PM #8
nnn123
here is a link to a (free) online book about reincarnation:

http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0066

(In 2007, Sri Chinmoy was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev).

+++++++++++++++

if I recall, there is also some interesting writing about reincarnation in "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda:

http://www.ananda.org/inspiration/books/ay/index.html

(entire text, online..and free)

(Paramahansa Yogananda was one of only a handful of people recognized as a true saint by Mahatma Gandhi).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2008 - 1:59PM #9
nnn123
here is a link to a (free) online book about reincarnation:

http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0066

(In 2007, Sri Chinmoy was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev).

+++++++++++++++

if I recall, there is also some interesting writing about reincarnation in "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda:

http://www.ananda.org/inspiration/books/ay/index.html

(entire text, online..and free)

(Paramahansa Yogananda was one of only a handful of people recognized as a true saint by Mahatma Gandhi).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2008 - 4:13AM #10
leftuncheckd

evythecute wrote:

<>>Remembering doesn't necessarily make you a better person, but it can surely make a person better off.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook