Page 3 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Asatruar views on Social Issues
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 8:25AM #21
TonyCoyote
Wow, I didn't know you were gay Drknss. Gay and folkish? Add another example of why folkish =/= raging-prejudice. The only thing that ever can annoy me about homosexuals in modern Germanic religion are the types who make everything about their sexuality: gay politics, gay spirituality, etc. etc.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 4:41PM #22
Drknss
[QUOTE]Wow, I didn't know you were gay Drknss. Gay and folkish? Add another example of why folkish =/= raging-prejudice. The only thing that ever can annoy me about homosexuals in modern Germanic religion are the types who make everything about their sexuality: gay politics, gay spirituality, etc. etc.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Well the last time I mentioned anything about it on this board was about 5 years ago. LOL! I don't go around screaming it to the roof tops. I also understand and am okay with other people not wanting to associate with me based on my orientation. Not you Tony but people in general. All they have to do is say so with out being rude. LOL! I'm not the you must accept me type. I'm the give me a chance to "earn" acceptance type.

LOL yep Gay and Folkish. I just can't find a better term for the way I veiw Heathenry then that.
Besides the conversations I've seen revolving around Folkish Heathenry and homosexuality. The Folkish heathens say that don't care as long as their not apart of their folk.
Which is fine with me. Like I said, I don't want blind acceptance. It gives me something to strive for and I'm sure there's a group out there somewhere who would have me. LOL!

Well Take care. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 4:51PM #23
Lugh
Reading ahead, I see Thor 76 has been well raked over the coals, so I won't bother adding my two cents.    I'm just going to sit here pondering the strangeness of the human mind.   

Lugh
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 6:40PM #24
Ulvhedina
I agree, of course, with what John T, CH and Drkness say here. 
We might be more different than we are alike in many ways, but the things that are the same are the important ones.

I am just amazed about Thor who said he wants to marry someone who makes the food he likes.   Why didn't I think about that?   I should have married a Japanese. I could have had Sushi every day.  As it is I have roast beef, Shepherds pie and Haggis.   WHY didn't I think about that?

Ulv  :rolleyes:
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 5:06PM #25
thor76
[QUOTE=Drknss;196260]WOW! Thor76!

That's a pretty broad brush your swinging and alittle hipocritical too if I might add.

You have no problem with bi or lesbian women. Yet you think that bi and gay men need help.

Exactly what do they need help with?

I also find it insulting to insinuate that all bi and gay men shouldn't be trusted with male children.

I've NEVER EVER had an issue of trust when it comes to my nephews. As far as pedophilia goes. I hold very extreme views on that issue. Let's just say upon conviction (incases were their caught red handed.) They wouldn't be breathing long.

I'm trying very hard to hold my tongue but your views are so screwed up, it's a hard task to do.

WHY do you believe that homosexual couples would raise a boy to be a girl and at girl to be a boy?

Where the Hel did you come up with that?

I've known of a straight couple that raised their son to be a girl. That doesn't mean that ALL straight couples are doing it.

I'm just going to leave it at that. The more I read the stupider you sound.[/QUOTE]

Broad brush it may be but I was not going to spend all day saying except that guy, he's cool.

I think bi women are hot because they are....and every straight man knows it...A woman under each brawny arm....now thats a good day.

My best friend (and Judo teacher) is lesbian so I have to accept it. Besides I often get along with lesbians because they like the same things I do. Like women and sports. So we trade hunting tips and opening lines. Sure I think they are a little off, but somehow mentally we can establish a connection.

Not so with gay men (mental connection). I have had some male friends that were gay and was one of the few that were present when he came out of the closet, literally. It was in high school (freshman or sophmore) and I didn't get it at first but then he explained. I thought he was nuts, but at the time he was a very good friend, so I said "whatever makes you happy". It didn't change the fact that we were friends (it must be understood that we were friends that argued everything, there was probally nothing we ever agreed on, except we trained together and were friends so could talk).

I moved away (and we sometimes wrote) and sometime later got a peice of mail that I found so strange. He told me all this intimate gay stuff (not at all coming on to me, just about him and his partner), talking about his partner hitting him, and the sex and all this, but heavy details, and it started to make me question the mental health of gay men. Here was a grown man (by the time he wrote the letter must have been 20) getting beat up by his lover, writting a straight man talking extreme detail about their sex lives, and he was the "girl" so reading this mail made me sick.   

I do not understand a man getting beat up by his male partner. That is insane to me. Because I would not allow someone to beat me and I would not be submissive. so thats 1. and 2. is that I do not understand the attraction to balls and man ass. Or the hairy upper lip. I.m sorry but I simply do not get the attraction some men have for each other. 3. I actually knew a guy an aqautance(sp)  who was gay (had at least two gay relationships) who molested his nephew. Imagine my surprise...So now I put the two together. Perversion is perversion, and one is but a step from the other.

That does not mean that no gay man is trustworthy, or that they all want little boys (indeed many seem to want grown men)  that is not what I said. I said I would not leave my son with a gay man, and do not recommend others to do so either.

I also do not think they are going to fry in hell for being gay or whatever. Its their bodies, and I support them in their right to choose what they do with their bodies and lives, because that is freedom and personal rights. But I do not consider it normal behavior and do not hang around gay men. Its kind of like drugs, I don't do crack, why would I bring a crack dealer to my house? So he can rip me off?

I would not and have not bashed anyone for being gay, and will not say anything to the gay people here, firstly because I don't care because we will never meet in person, and if we did, then it would be over lunch, and other topics are really more interesting than gay stuff....to me.

I will vote for gay rights to marry when gay people vote for my right to have multiple wives.....someone has to pick up the slack.

The "boys into girls and girls into boys" was actually a joke, which is why I said "ok maby not" to indicate such.

And actaully I have met gay couples through my lesbian friend who were effectifly doing just that. Forcing him to play the piano but not do sports and taking him to every gay parade around. Really they are trying to raise Leberachi(sp). I disagree with that, same as religion. I say educate them properly and aloow free choice. But thats me.

Just because some gay Heathens have their live in order does not mean anyone else in the gay community does. I have met too many gay people through my friend (at her gay wedding where I was best man) to prove otherwise.

So to sum it up, I will not let a gay man take care of my son, that veiw will not change, but I never said all gay men wanted my son (or yours). I think they have right to their own bodies and lives, and so if they are consenting adults let them do as they will. But I won't vote for it, and that wont change either.

So anyway, I wasn't attaking anyone, and do not feel like an apology is needed. Esp when everybody on here was like "we are open and tolerant to oppossing veiws with in the Heathen traditions" and all that jazz. If that was true, my statements wouldn't have raised much more than an eyebrow. So either you all lie and and really do not in your hearts subscribe to the "open discussion" and acceptance differing veiws tradition typical of Heathenry or you do and you simply forgot that in the heat of the moment because of your attachment to the issue. Which is it?

After all, I have yet to say anyone here is "stupid" and "hipocritical" after all, I took the people on this thread seriously when they said stuff like "It seems to me that there is a great diversity amongst those that practice Asatru, particularly with regard to certain social issues. I would be interested in any comments related to typical views on race, homosexuality, and any relationship between some in the community to right wing political organizations." (so I gave my opinion)  "Yes, for the most part, we accept differing views held by others as being validly heathen, or validly held by heathens".... "Not only do we tolerate diversity in views, we pretty much expect it."
Even John said "My opinion of gay marriage is reserved" and Drknss said  "Heathens usually have different oppions on some many different things."

So now all of a sudden you all have a problem with an opinion....now that is hipocracy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 5:09PM #26
Sacrificialgoddess

thor76 wrote:

After all, I have yet to say anyone here is "stupid" and "hipocritical" after all, I took the people on this thread seriously when they said stuff like "It seems to me that there is a great diversity amongst those that practice Asatru, particularly with regard to certain social issues. I would be interested in any comments related to typical views on race, homosexuality, and any relationship between some in the community to right wing political organizations." (so I gave my opinion)  "Yes, for the most part, we accept differing views held by others as being validly heathen, or validly held by heathens".... "Not only do we tolerate diversity in views, we pretty much expect it."
Even John said "My opinion of gay marriage is reserved" and Drknss said  "Heathens usually have different oppions on some many different things."

So now all of a sudden you all have a problem with an opinion....now that is hipocracy.

No, it's just having an opinion about other folk's opinions.  :cool:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 5:38PM #27
TonyCoyote
I don't really think Thor has said anything about others' opinions, except for the whole "if you tolerate other views, then you'd also have to tolerate mine as well." For me, I have no problem with Thor's views, although I don't agree with some of them I can see where he's coming from and he doesn't seem to be hateful about it or anything. His views or similar ones aren't really "out there" for a large number of "Heathens" anyway, so I guess it's a balance of another side of the issue. *shrug*
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 5:06PM #28
thor76
[QUOTE=Drknss;196260]WOW! Thor76!

That's a pretty broad brush your swinging and alittle hipocritical too if I might add.

You have no problem with bi or lesbian women. Yet you think that bi and gay men need help.

Exactly what do they need help with?

I also find it insulting to insinuate that all bi and gay men shouldn't be trusted with male children.

I've NEVER EVER had an issue of trust when it comes to my nephews. As far as pedophilia goes. I hold very extreme views on that issue. Let's just say upon conviction (incases were their caught red handed.) They wouldn't be breathing long.

I'm trying very hard to hold my tongue but your views are so screwed up, it's a hard task to do.

WHY do you believe that homosexual couples would raise a boy to be a girl and at girl to be a boy?

Where the Hel did you come up with that?

I've known of a straight couple that raised their son to be a girl. That doesn't mean that ALL straight couples are doing it.

I'm just going to leave it at that. The more I read the stupider you sound.[/QUOTE]

Broad brush it may be but I was not going to spend all day saying except that guy, he's cool.

I think bi women are hot because they are....and every straight man knows it...A woman under each brawny arm....now thats a good day.

My best friend (and Judo teacher) is lesbian so I have to accept it. Besides I often get along with lesbians because they like the same things I do. Like women and sports. So we trade hunting tips and opening lines. Sure I think they are a little off, but somehow mentally we can establish a connection.

Not so with gay men (mental connection). I have had some male friends that were gay and was one of the few that were present when he came out of the closet, literally. It was in high school (freshman or sophmore) and I didn't get it at first but then he explained. I thought he was nuts, but at the time he was a very good friend, so I said "whatever makes you happy". It didn't change the fact that we were friends (it must be understood that we were friends that argued everything, there was probally nothing we ever agreed on, except we trained together and were friends so could talk).

I moved away (and we sometimes wrote) and sometime later got a peice of mail that I found so strange. He told me all this intimate gay stuff (not at all coming on to me, just about him and his partner), talking about his partner hitting him, and the sex and all this, but heavy details, and it started to make me question the mental health of gay men. Here was a grown man (by the time he wrote the letter must have been 20) getting beat up by his lover, writting a straight man talking extreme detail about their sex lives, and he was the "girl" so reading this mail made me sick.   

I do not understand a man getting beat up by his male partner. That is insane to me. Because I would not allow someone to beat me and I would not be submissive. so thats 1. and 2. is that I do not understand the attraction to balls and man ass. Or the hairy upper lip. I.m sorry but I simply do not get the attraction some men have for each other. 3. I actually knew a guy an aqautance(sp)  who was gay (had at least two gay relationships) who molested his nephew. Imagine my surprise...So now I put the two together. Perversion is perversion, and one is but a step from the other.

That does not mean that no gay man is trustworthy, or that they all want little boys (indeed many seem to want grown men)  that is not what I said. I said I would not leave my son with a gay man, and do not recommend others to do so either.

I also do not think they are going to fry in hell for being gay or whatever. Its their bodies, and I support them in their right to choose what they do with their bodies and lives, because that is freedom and personal rights. But I do not consider it normal behavior and do not hang around gay men. Its kind of like drugs, I don't do crack, why would I bring a crack dealer to my house? So he can rip me off?

I would not and have not bashed anyone for being gay, and will not say anything to the gay people here, firstly because I don't care because we will never meet in person, and if we did, then it would be over lunch, and other topics are really more interesting than gay stuff....to me.

I will vote for gay rights to marry when gay people vote for my right to have multiple wives.....someone has to pick up the slack.

The "boys into girls and girls into boys" was actually a joke, which is why I said "ok maby not" to indicate such.

And actaully I have met gay couples through my lesbian friend who were effectifly doing just that. Forcing him to play the piano but not do sports and taking him to every gay parade around. Really they are trying to raise Leberachi(sp). I disagree with that, same as religion. I say educate them properly and aloow free choice. But thats me.

Just because some gay Heathens have their live in order does not mean anyone else in the gay community does. I have met too many gay people through my friend (at her gay wedding where I was best man) to prove otherwise.

So to sum it up, I will not let a gay man take care of my son, that veiw will not change, but I never said all gay men wanted my son (or yours). I think they have right to their own bodies and lives, and so if they are consenting adults let them do as they will. But I won't vote for it, and that wont change either.

So anyway, I wasn't attaking anyone, and do not feel like an apology is needed. Esp when everybody on here was like "we are open and tolerant to oppossing veiws with in the Heathen traditions" and all that jazz. If that was true, my statements wouldn't have raised much more than an eyebrow. So either you all lie and and really do not in your hearts subscribe to the "open discussion" and acceptance differing veiws tradition typical of Heathenry or you do and you simply forgot that in the heat of the moment because of your attachment to the issue. Which is it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 5:09PM #29
Sacrificialgoddess

thor76 wrote:

No, it's just having an opinion about other folk's opinions.  :cool:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 5:38PM #30
TonyCoyote
I don't really think Thor has said anything about others' opinions, except for the whole "if you tolerate other views, then you'd also have to tolerate mine as well." For me, I have no problem with Thor's views, although I don't agree with some of them I can see where he's coming from and he doesn't seem to be hateful about it or anything. His views or similar ones aren't really "out there" for a large number of "Heathens" anyway, so I guess it's a balance of another side of the issue. *shrug*
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook