Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Asatruar views on Social Issues
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 10:45PM #11
Drknss
[QUOTE]I think bisexual girls are hot (I have some good freinds that are pure lesbians) but look down on bi and gay men because I see them as lesser or somehow deviant from nature. Don't get me wrong, I don't bash gay men, I just think they need help and wouldn't trust them with male children, [/QUOTE]

WOW! Thor76!

That's a pretty broad brush your swinging and alittle hipocritical too if I might add.

You have no problem with bi or lesbian women. Yet you think that bi and gay men need help.

Exactly what do they need help with?

I also find it insulting to insinuate that all bi and gay men shouldn't be trusted with male children.

I've NEVER EVER had an issue of trust when it comes to my nephews. As far as pedophilia goes. I hold very extreme views on that issue. Let's just say upon conviction (incases were their caught red handed.) They wouldn't be breathing long.

I'm trying very hard to hold my tongue but your views are so screwed up, it's a hard task to do.

[QUOTE]And I have to question the ability of gay couples to parent well. I mean it would never be "normal" and they would raise the boy to be a woman and the girl to be a man....ok maby not but its still not normal and everyone knows it. [/QUOTE]

WHY do you believe that homosexual couples would raise a boy to be a girl and at girl to be a boy?

Where the Hel did you come up with that?

I've known of a straight couple that raised their son to be a girl. That doesn't mean that ALL straight couples are doing it.

I'm just going to leave it at that. The more I read the stupider you sound.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 11:58PM #12
John_T_Mainer
Quote:
"And I have to question the ability of gay couples to parent well. I mean it would never be "normal" and they would raise the boy to be a woman and the girl to be a man....ok maby not but its still not normal and everyone knows it. "

Wow.  Anyone want to bet wether there are more Asatru or Gay in their nation, and then take a stance on raising children "normal" as a defensible stance for us?

Last I heard they were estimating the gay/lesbian/bi stats at around 10%.  Asatru is a lot lower than that.  If they start taking kids away from parents who are not raising their kids "normally" they will come for ours before they come for Serge and Thad next door......

To horribly mutilate a quote from the guys who get to determine who rates as normal in this neck of the woods:

"Let he who is not a minority cast the first stone!"

Sound like a bad idea, or what?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 12:17AM #13
Chicagoheathen
On the other hand, I think this proves the point of the thread. ;)
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 12:21AM #14
Drknss
[QUOTE]On the other hand, I think this proves the point of the thread.
[/QUOTE]

I agree!

LOL!

Take care. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 12:29PM #15
L'Esprit
[QUOTE=Drknss;196260]WOW! Thor76!

That's a pretty broad brush your swinging and alittle hipocritical too if I might add.

You have no problem with bi or lesbian women. Yet you think that bi and gay men need help.

Exactly what do they need help with?

I also find it insulting to insinuate that all bi and gay men shouldn't be trusted with male children.

I've NEVER EVER had an issue of trust when it comes to my nephews. As far as pedophilia goes. I hold very extreme views on that issue. Let's just say upon conviction (incases were their caught red handed.) They wouldn't be breathing long.

I'm trying very hard to hold my tongue but your views are so screwed up, it's a hard task to do.

WHY do you believe that homosexual couples would raise a boy to be a girl and at girl to be a boy?

Where the Hel did you come up with that?

I've known of a straight couple that raised their son to be a girl. That doesn't mean that ALL straight couples are doing it.

I'm just going to leave it at that. The more I read the stupider you sound.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  I had considered responding to Thor76's post but I restrained myself.  I'm gay and the contradictions in the post nearly caused me to have a series of mini-strokes.  So, I thought it better to leave it alone, LOL
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 4:21PM #16
Drknss
[QUOTE]Thank you! I had considered responding to Thor76's post but I restrained myself. I'm gay and the contradictions in the post nearly caused me to have a series of mini-strokes. So, I thought it better to leave it alone, LOL[/QUOTE]

No problem.

I usually don't let statements against homosexuality get to me. I've seen so many of them and everything. That it usually doesn't bother me it's just that Thor76's was so off the wall. That I had to respond the way I did.

Anyways. Take care. :)

P.S. Did anybody not see that coming? :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 5:51PM #17
Drknss
[QUOTE]Drknss, would you say that within the context of these kinds of debates that Heathens generally accept differing views held by others as being validly Heathen?[/QUOTE]

Hi L'Esprit.

I saw your question directed to me last night and I didn't mean to ignore it. I just didn't feel like I could answer it properly last night.

Yes I would. I think some of the not so heated debates are more for sport. LOL! It is amazing though how many different heathens can have many different views on things. I'd add most of them are well informed on their views. LOL!

Heathens can have different views and it still be validly heathen. Like John and ChicagoHeathen stated, heathenry isn't really a religion, it's a worldview. It's comprised of many different things and it's different for any given area. It can be one thing in Tennessee and something different in Washington. Or even different from house to house. Yet, it's still recognisable cause many similarities are retained.

I lost my train of thought. LOL! I hope that helped to answer your question.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 5:51PM #18
Drknss
[QUOTE]Drknss, would you say that within the context of these kinds of debates that Heathens generally accept differing views held by others as being validly Heathen?[/QUOTE]

Hi L'Esprit.

I saw your question directed to me last night and I didn't mean to ignore it. I just didn't feel like I could answer it properly last night.

Yes I would. I think some of the not so heated debates are more for sport. LOL! It is amazing though how many different heathens can have many different views on things. I'd add most of them are well informed on their views. LOL!

Heathens can have different views and it still be validly heathen. Like John and ChicagoHeathen stated, heathenry isn't really a religion, it's a worldview. It's comprised of many different things and it's different for any given area. It can be one thing in Tennessee and something different in Washington. Or even different from house to house. Yet, it's still recognisable cause many similarities are retained.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 10:26PM #19
L'Esprit
[QUOTE=Drknss;198529]Hi L'Esprit.

Take care. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that helped answer my question.  I hadn't checked this thread until today, I was distracted with some drama on another one.  I guess I was largely concerned with typical Heathen reactions to gay men.  In the event that there is one, lol.  My sexual orientation isn't something that I think about constantly and it's definitely not the most significant part of who I am, but, I guess I do use it as a litmus test sometimes when gauging the tolerance of religious groups.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 1:59AM #20
Drknss
[QUOTE] I guess I was largely concerned with typical Heathen reactions to gay men. In the event that there is one, lol. My sexual orientation isn't something that I think about constantly and it's definitely not the most significant part of who I am, but, I guess I do use it as a litmus test sometimes when gauging the tolerance of religious groups.[/QUOTE]

Same here most people that know me. Are pretty shock when I tell them. LOL! They usually don't believe me and I have to repeat myself over and over. LOL!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook