Page 8 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Naturalistic pantheism and pagans
5 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2008 - 12:31PM #71
EyesoftheWorld
[QUOTE=Ursyl;971191]I thought only the hind legs were used for eating?

The image I got from Kermit's objecting to advertising for a frog leg restaurant chain was that the poor little fellows would still have their front legs.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think that's accurate. But with the crutches in their remaining legs/arms, they'd still need at least one leg to use crutches. I don't think crutches can be used with no legs... I believe the action creates a kind of moving tripod and the one leg is pivotal!
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2008 - 7:37PM #72
Ursyl
Good point. Hadn't thought of that.

By the time you're scooting along on your froggie legless butt, you're front legs are going to reach without the need for crutches.

Henson should have thought of that! LOL
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 12:55PM #73
EyesoftheWorld
Frogs in wheelchairs is a scary thing... have you ever heard of the Wheelchair Assassins?

"To hear the squeak.." would be the last thing you'd know before they'd get you...

Now, a Frog-Wheelchair Assassin... maybe you'd hear a croak, then a squeak...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 8:48PM #74
Ursyl
No, you'd hear a squeak, and then You'd croak.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2008 - 8:48PM #75
Ursyl
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2008 - 11:30PM #76
gorm-sionnach

Ursyl wrote:

Wakka wakka wakka:rolleyes:

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2008 - 2:10PM #77
EyesoftheWorld
Les Assassins en Fauteuils Roulants (the human one) is comprised of hardcore Canadian (Edit: Quebecois! don't want anyone getting offended!)secessionists who, as children played serious games of chicken with each other by lining up along railroad tracks and seeing who could wait the longest before jumping across the path of oncoming, speeding trains to prove their bravery. The bravest, who did not die, usually ended up in wheelchairs. They lost the use of their legs, but not their ferocity.

If you ever notice a higher than usual number of rather burly in the upper body men in wheelchairs (and especially if you hear French/Canadian accents), head to the nearest exit and/or stairwell.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2008 - 10:48PM #78
Ursyl
Tell me you're kidding with that, Eyes. That is tragic!

A guy where my husband works lost his legs to one of the trains on site.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2008 - 12:31PM #79
EyesoftheWorld
Please don't think that you can just climb some stairs and be safe. The stairs will buy you a little time! These guys are very serious and they can propel themselves quite well with their arms - climbing and crawling.

They travel around in vans - when the side door opens a ramp deploys and they seem to have a launch mechanism which shoots them out at surprising speed.

You cannot overestimate how dangerous these folks are.

They may have allied with the legless frog population and begun training. I reckon that frogs in wheelchairs would have a disarming effect upon people, who'd allow the frogs to get very close and maybe even into people's homes or other rather guarded locales. Then who knows the havoc and mayhem that will ensue?!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2009 - 9:28AM #80
Brownowl33

This is rather more or less the path I am currently on.  I do identify myself as Pagan (learning more about Wicca, specifically) but I also identify as Pantheist.  I do believe in an abstract Deity that acts as a sort of creative force in the universe, but I do not believe that there are literally physical "Gods" out there somewhere that respond to our pleas or prayers.

As for Magic and such, I think good thoughts and focused intent (whether by prayers or spells) CAN have some effect on the world around you, even if just a psychological one.  People seem, by nature, to enjoy ritual and ceremony and it helps us put a human face on a rather undefined reality.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook