Page 1 of 23  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Muslim men prefer non-Muslim women
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 12:17PM #1
Miraj
Not a lot of men here, but I have to ask, why is that?

Salaam
Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 12:41AM #2
endgame
walaikumsalaam sis miraj,
According to who sis? I sure as hell would never consider one (no disrespect to non-muslim women intended). However, one thing I have to admit isthat with some recent event in my life, one thought has come to mind. That is if I see muslim women behaving the same way as non-muslim women which I do big time in the muslim community I live in, what is the difference between marrying a muslim versus a non-muslim?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 10:50PM #3
magi_77
It is not always about preferring non-muslim women.  For Muslim men to have sex with non-muslim women, while protecting their own from non-muslim men is considered an act of Jihad.  It has been, and still is, used as means of emasculating the enemy, since they can't even defend their own women, reminding non-muslim men of their inferior status.  There is more to this non-muslim woman chasing than just sex.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 12:26AM #4
sazaj36
magi

So your saying that nonmuslim women need defending from the muslim penis....and if they sucumb to it then the nonmuslim men have been emasculated in some way? Maybe you got to be a man to understand that "logic" cause I dont get it. And if that is the case...then it sounds like it is all about sex...not only will I sleep with your women...I will marry them, convert them...and breed more like me...but at the same time will prevent my women from sleeping with you, marrying you, and breeding with you...yep....sex sex sex....
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 1:29AM #5
magi_77
Think of it in the context of warfare, then you will get the idea.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 1:40AM #6
sazaj36
Most people would assume that warfare is all about conquering new lands...etc...but basically men do nothing without some sort of reward involved...the reward would be new and different women to "conquer"....so Im still thinking its all about sex...but thats just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 11:06AM #7
USMuslim
[QUOTE=magi_77;175368]It is not always about preferring non-muslim women.  For Muslim men to have sex with non-muslim women, while protecting their own from non-muslim men is considered an act of Jihad.  It has been, and still is, used as means of emasculating the enemy, since they can't even defend their own women, reminding non-muslim men of their inferior status.  There is more to this non-muslim woman chasing than just sex.[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding me! It's folks like you that make the rest of us look bad to the world. It's the mentality of "Us against Them" that has caused so much trouble in the world. Follow the example of the Prophet, peace be upon him, and you won't be writing trash like that.
In the time of the Prophet, pbuh, Muslims moved to foreign lands and married the local women and raised Muslim children and Islam spread. They didn't go to these places to emasculate the "enemy", they went to settle down and give the beautiful example of a clean and righteous life to the native people. The behavior of the Muslims, their just and simple lifestyle impressed the people and they embraced Islam.
The Muslims today don't compare to these people. When you look at the men who come to study or work in the US, often when they involve with American women it's because there are simply more non-Muslim women around, non-Muslim women aren't bound by Islamic norms such as shyness or modesty. If you are a twenty-something Muslim man from some other country, away from your family and friends, and there are girls everywhere, dressed in ways you could never imagine, behaving in ways you could never imagine...and you have no experience in dealing with them growing up (like Endgame did as an American Muslim), how well will you handle it?
Not all Muslim men come to America and prefer non-Muslim women, that's an unfair generalization. I know tons of Muslim men who married American non-Muslim women and their families went one way or another. Either the woman converts and often becomes a better Muslim than her husband is and they raise strong Muslim kids and are generally happy.  Or the flip side is far from happy– she doesn't convert and she resents everything about Islam, especially when the kids reach a certain age and Dad begins to get serious about his faith that he forgot for years and he begins to crack down on the family in terms of the kids having the typical American "freedoms", dating, wearing immodest clothing, drinking, drugs, etc. This is when the dad calls the local imam and says, "my kids are out of control, please help." and the Imam can offer no advice except to say, "Brother, you should have called me years ago, it's too late now."
Oh, there's a third scenario, the Muslim man never cared about his Islam and is Muslim by name only and the kids say things like, "I'm half Muslim". (Seriously, I've heard this from people who refer to their father as a Muslim but know nothing about it.)
The guys who chase American non-Muslim women often are seeking green cards or free sex. However, there are many more who sincerely marry non-Muslim women because they love them and see the noor in their faces. You can't generalize in any direction.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 11:26AM #8
endgame
I can think of two reasons why SOME muslim men might prefer non-muslim women.
1) As folks have mentioned earlier, it is about sex without commitment.
2) Muslim men can keep their reputation in tact in the muslim community by going outside of it and doing what they want. When they get serious about commitment, they can then look for a good muslimah and get married.

Now the exact same thing is true of SOME muslim women so I really do not see the point of this thread.
In my opinion, a God-fearing muslim (man or woman) would not prefer a non-muslim because obviously his/her deen is more important to him/her and  would know that with a sincere devout muslim partner would make life much better. Also, if one fears Allah, one would know that Allah knows and sees every single thing we do, think, dream etc. so you can't really get away with anything.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 11:33AM #9
Miraj
I should have made myself clear in the beginning that I mean Muslim men prefer to MARRY non-Muslim women, not just sleep with them, then marry a Muslima. Having seen in the last 30 years more of this than of marriage between Muslim/Muslim couples, I attest to the trend. I'm not a convert and don't see the world thru convert eyes in that marriage is not about reaffirming our Muslimness as it is for many converts. I see what my born brothers have been doing for years in my extensive network, and marrying out is becoming the norm in all but the most isolated places.

Salaam
Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2007 - 11:46AM #10
USMuslim
[QUOTE=Miraj;176305] I'm not a convert and don't see the world thru convert eyes in that marriage is not about reaffirming our Muslimness as it is for many converts.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by that? Convert eyes? That sounds insulting, as if you have some kind of superior insight over someone who chose Islam in their adulthood.

[/QUOTE]I see what my born brothers have been doing for years in my extensive network, and marrying out is becoming the norm in all but the most isolated places.[/QUOTE] 

"marrying out"? I don't know where your extensive network is, but I don't think your equation, Muslim man  non-Muslim woman, is the norm at all. And I've lived in half a dozen Muslim communities around the country, big and small.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 23  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook