Switch to Forum Live View spot the difference
7 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2007 - 2:51PM #1
blucat
...(i started this thread in Islam, but thought i'd share it and post it here, as well, i hope i am not being intrusive, as lady mushcat told me)...

If we were to put the First Commandment from the Ten Commandments, and the greatest commandment according to Christ, and the kalima as it is in Muhammadan sects of Sunni, Shia, Wahhabi, that claim to be the true shahada, we will see clearly which of them has strayed

First the first commandment from the Ten Commandments:
THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME

And now the greatest commandment according to Jesus:
One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." (NIV, Mark 12:28-31).

Now the kalima shahada as it stands:

There is no god besides GOD and Muhammad is His Messenger

Which of these three is controversial or erroneous and has strayed, the answer is the third one. As you can see they added ‘and Muhammad is His messenger’- is should be was, which negates the whole statement, and if it remains is, it is polytheism as is, is present tense and the prophet has long died, unless he is eternal, which only God is, does it not say not to take other names with God?  I am not sure something like that, but it shows it is wrong to add these words, as throughout history it has always been la illaha illallah, this addition is not found in the Quran, which teaches unity of God, our need of Him, and salvation for those who do not commit shirk, or are polytheist, uphold the righteous way and stick to the straight path, this addition is found in the Hadith books which were compiled 150 years after the Prophet had died.  Nowadays, even in the house I live in, though I prayer that one day they acccept to only say the true kalima, of la illaha ill Allah, rather than add the Prophet or bring him into it, which shows the idolization of him. They have a stain glass toughen window, in it it says ‘ya Muhammad’ ‘ya Allah’ in Arabic, it is hard to describe but they beseech the Prophet in my house, I know one of the commandments is to honour your parents now, so I will prayer for them, it is the least I can do, but they would rather have me wahhabi than the faith I have chosen.
You see the logic of what I am saying, through these three extracts, the first two only talk of the unity of GOD whereas the third has an addition to that unity, I think is what I am trying to say.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2007 - 3:24PM #2
nieciedo
That's all very interesting, I'm sure, but it doesn't really have anything to do with Judaism. From a Jewish perspective, Muslims professing belief in Muhammad as the final prophet of Allah is far less troubling theologically than Christians claiming that Jesus is God. :)

Just a point of information, the "Ten Commandments" are in reality the "Ten Utterances" or the "Ten Statements" -- aseret hadiberot in Hebrew. We consider the first of these statements to be "I am the Eternal One your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, the place of slavery.:

:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2007 - 12:26PM #3
Pam34
All three statements look pretty similar to me - they all speak to the 'oneness' of God.
Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook