Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View Recommended Reading
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2008 - 4:08PM #61
CreakyHedgewitch

sorry if I was straying form the core of the thread.

You didn't. Cunningham tends to get recommended as a source on Wicca. Afterall, that is what he wrote was his topic. Whenever I come across such I tend to post to remind folks that not everyone considers Cunningham to represent the Religion of Wicca itself.

Threads continually go off topic because they are discussions between people. Listen to any conversation between more than two people and I suspect it won’t be long before it goes ‘off topic’ to some degree.  Here in the forum, if anyone wants a thread to remain on a specific topic, the subject title should start with SST: ‘name of thread’. On a Specific and Serious Topic thread, any posts that are off topic will get removed by a Host. Pretty much the only way to guarantee a thread will stay on topic, really.

I felt there was enough of a chance that it should be mentioned anyway, especially as my target audience for said book recommendation may well accept what was written within it as true and valid (and therefore have it be effective for them even if less so, if lack of experience is involved)

Agreed. I just hope that your emphatic warning will not pre-set someone’s beliefs. ‘Sheeple’ do have an alarming tendency to think anything in writing must therefore be true. :\

I also agree that study of exotic and expensive correspondences remains useful as one never knows when such knowledge will come in handy or in what context. Over the years though, I consistently seem to run into those newbies who are worried, sometimes to the point of being frantic, that if they don’t do or obtain or use exactly what are detailed in such books that they will be ‘doing it wrong’.

Practicality and independence of will do seem to go hand in hand, I’m afraid.

C.H.

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2009 - 3:57PM #62
NightLad

I'd recommend that you read... the wind.

Seriously, before you start letting other authors or individual’s perceptions influence you, go outside and spend some time to listen to your own intuitive connection to the Divine in whatever form it presents itself to you.

Then, go ahead and start sampling the ideas and perceptions of other people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2010 - 10:34PM #63
Jessica

Hi, everyone.  I quickly went through, and I didn't see my favorite book listed here so I thought I'd suggest it.

Its by Lilith McLelland, its called "Out of the Shadows".  Its very good, I suggest it to a lot of people who are interested in Paganism or Wicca, or those who are just curious about the topic.  It doesn't have a lot of the glitziness about it that many other books have - seems less like its trying to sell a path, and more trying to inform people about things the author sees constantly and is tired of (at least, with inconsistancies or misinformation.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook