Page 3 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Recommended Reading
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 1:18PM #21
Sacrificialgoddess

tameless_heart wrote:

Hey guys, try not to stay off topic or post unneccessary commentary on this thread. It is important it remains clear and easy to follow. ^_^

Celtic Tree Mysteries- Blamiers
Tao of Pooh (yes I know this isn't pagan but its a great religious book)

And suddenly, without warning, I am confused.  :confused:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 2:15PM #22
tameless_heart
I just meant the random "Oh I totally agree" posts....
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 2:37PM #23
CreakyHedgewitch
[QUOTE=tameless_heart;244700]I just meant the random "Oh I totally agree" posts....[/QUOTE]

I do appreciate the point you are trying to make here but as this was not created as a SST (Specific and Serious Topic) thread,  the topic may and is allowed to digress, wander and evolve just as it would within normal conversations. And....it can be brought back to the original topic if need be. :)

Also, I hope you won't mind if I point out that 'Oh I totally agree' posts are actually on topic because the member is simply indicating that he or she too believes or feels the same way about that topic. He or she may also elaborate on that agreement and by doing so contribute to the discussion.

Personally, I always appreciate those kind of posts because it indicates to me who are not only following the discussion as it evolves but who are continuing to participate.

Respectfully,
C.H.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 3:25PM #24
tameless_heart
I should have been more specific...but I was thinking a thread more along the lines of what tehy have on the asatru boards. This is les sof a discussion, as I saw it, as it was a list of things to read, so we dont' have to answer a million different "what do I read first?" posts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 3:34PM #25
Sacrificialgoddess

tameless_heart wrote:

I should have been more specific...but I was thinking a thread more along the lines of what tehy have on the asatru boards. This is les sof a discussion, as I saw it, as it was a list of things to read, so we dont' have to answer a million different "what do I read first?" posts.

Well, since we are all stickied now, at least folks will be able to find this thread easily!  :D

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 3:53PM #26
tameless_heart
Doesn't stop it from confusing unfortunately. Oh well, I'm not going to argue with anyone about it. Chat away people... although, that's waht the pub is for....
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 6:34PM #27
Feinics
Thanks lexa and TG!:) Some of them iv read! but  theres one or two iv yet to read! cheers!

I totally take yer point creaky but theres alot out there about witchcraft from the wiccan stance and I wanted to read more from a different point of view, really just to feed the brain with something a bit a different. Thats the reason I put the emphasis on non wiccan because of the interchangeable use of witchcraft and wicca, taking for granted the common influences. Though I would at risk my life here and suggest there are other influences on modern witchcraft other then Wicca  ....
*feinics ducks the flying rocks* 
Theres are things to be gained from reading wicca material Il agree I just fancied a change and to feed the brain more then really define my craft upon:) 

Sorry TH:o but its hard to have a recommended reading list with out saying why its recommended or what parts are recommended, perfect example would be newbies who are suggested SRW's books and then complain later they've been suggested books that a lot of people have a problem  and weren't given disclaimers of this part is accurate that parts inaccurate so on so forth..

Maybe we can have a separate board to discuss the books if you'd like to keep this strictly list format??
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 6:36PM #28
Sacrificialgoddess

Feinics wrote:

Thanks lexa and TG!:) Some of them iv read! but  theres one or two iv yet to read! cheers!

I totally take yer point creaky but theres alot out there about witchcraft from the wiccan stance and I wanted to read more from a different point of view, really just to feed the brain with something a bit a different. Thats the reason I put the emphasis on non wiccan because of the interchangeable use of witchcraft and wicca, taking for granted the common influences. Though I would at risk my life here and suggest there are other influences on modern witchcraft other then Wicca  ....
Theres are things to be gained from reading wicca material Il agree I just fancied a change and to feed the brain more then really define my craft upon:) 

Sorry TH:o but its hard to have a recommended reading list with out saying why its recommended or what parts are recommended, perfect example would be newbies who are suggested SRW's books and then complain later they've been suggested books that a lot of people have a problem  and weren't given disclaimers of this part is accurate that parts inaccurate so on so forth..

Maybe we can have a separate board to discuss the books if you'd like to keep this strictly list format??

I have no problem debating the books suggested right here.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 6:34PM #29
Feinics

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 6:36PM #30
Sacrificialgoddess

Feinics wrote:

I have no problem debating the books suggested right here.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook