Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View What Is The Point Of Deism?
6 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2009 - 8:23PM #21
RevKeithWright

Godgirl wrote:

Interesting Rev. that you say God is always in your thoughts...me too. But i do not ascribe to the diest faith. You call yourself Rev...is that because your a part of a particular church?

The United Deist Church
Legally able to perform marriages, officiate at funerals, and offer aid to those in need of someone who ISN'T going to tell them that they are going to hell.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2010 - 4:59PM #22
Steph_honors3

I am a deist. Deism is about basing your life on reason and intellect. It is the fact that you know what you learn and do not believe in the theorys or so called word of God, the "bible", when it was written by man by mans opinion. Deists believe that we choose how we end up and it is not to the thanks of God, other then in the fact that the universes existance was his creation. Agnostic is based on doubt, if you have read "Life of Pie", you would know almost everyones opinion of the so called "religion", it is being a coward and not taking a risk, it is sometimes beleiving and then changing their mind.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2012 - 3:19AM #23
Yellowdog

I do not believe that the search for God can have any point beyond a search for the truth.

Why am I a Deist? Because I feel the need to know the truth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook