7 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 7:16PM #1
compx2
It has come to my attention that many who read the Writings of the Baha'i Faith do not see in them the same things I do.  I believe the "Cause of God" as Baha'u'llah uses the words is an individual initiative.  Baha'u'llah says that the Cause of God is "that haply the peoples of the earth may cleanse their hearts from the stain of evil desire, may rend its veil asunder, and attain unto the knowledge of the one true God (Gleanings, p 84).

Obviously, Baha'u'llah could not have referred to the Baha'i Faith as it exists today since it did not exist in His time as it does today.  And when He says "Cause of God" it also referred to the revelations of Muhammed and Christ sometimes.  So, at least from this perspective the "Cause of God" is not precisely the same thing as the Baha'i Faith.

So what is the Cause of God?  Here are some quotes about the teaching the Cause of God.

" Whoso ariseth among you to teach the Cause of his Lord, let him, before all else, teach his own self, that his speech may attract the hearts of them that hear him."

To me it says we must teach ourselves so that our speech will attract hearts.  Obviously this means training ourselves, learning, studying, deepening in our knowledge and skills to better ourselves.

"Through the Teachings of this Day Star of Truth every man will advance and develop until he attaineth the station at which he can manifest all the potential forces with which his inmost true self hath been endowed."

The teachings of Baha'u'llah (that which He wants taught) are those things that will make people advance and develop and ultimately show their true potentials.  This means being an example to others, showing them with our deeds how to advance and develop ourselves and manifest our potential forces so that others will do so as well.  We must be an inspiration to others.

"Such is the teaching which God bestoweth on you, a teaching that will deliver you from all manner of doubt and perplexity, and enable you to attain unto salvation in both this world and in the next."

What Baha'u'llah wants taught is what will dispel all doubt and confusion and let people find their "salvation" (another concept of Baha'u'llah's I would like to discuss sometime).  But in any case, what will deliver us all from doubt and perplexity is the teaching that we need to teach.  What is that teaching?  First and foremost to to be thankful, generous, worthy, kind, friendly, distinguished from others by our love for everyone and the joy we exude.

Does anyone think I am wrong in this?  Is the Baha'i Faith and it's emphasis on anything other than individual initiative the real "Cause of God" and I am just plain wrong?

Thanks for reading.

Kent
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 7:11AM #2
compx2
It seems to me the Cause of God has two parts.  Individual advancement toward spiritual values and action, and the unity of the human race.

Any division, including religious division, is contrary to the Cause of God.  That which should distinguish Baha'is from other religionists is not our name, but loving all humity, unity accord, love and justice.

--Kent
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 7:11AM #3
compx2
It seems to me the Cause of God has two parts.  Individual advancement toward spiritual values and action, and the unity of the human race.

Any division, including religious division, is contrary to the Cause of God.  That which should distinguish Baha'is from other religionists is not our name, but loving all humity, unity accord, love and justice.

--Kent
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 4:23PM #4
firestorminitiative
the  Lesser Covenant is between ember of the Fath and the Voice. a nd in  It is an AO...and???
>>>>>Changless<<<<<<
Cause of God.
   http://jandb-dances.com/This%20is%20the%20Balance.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 4:29AM #5
earthling
Ya Baha'u'l Abha

The Cause of God is that every human being will know and love God. The purpose of the big bang and the evolution of life on earth is so that human beings can love God with all their heart mind and soul, and love all people just like you love yourself.

There is only one God, and Muhammad is His Apostle.

Thank God Jesus saved us.

Allah'uAbha
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook