Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Describing Pantheism
10 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2008 - 2:14PM #41
Nightwriterx
Ha, ha. Now I see the Jerry Garcia reference on your profile page. I'm blind! Carry on ....
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2008 - 3:05PM #42
TheWhiteHart
[QUOTE=EyesoftheWorld;901456]Thank you for that.

I have read though that Ishmael was Hagar's son with Abraham and Abraham's wife got angry and/or jealous of Ishmael and convinced Abraham to exile Ishmael and Hagar only after an angel assured Abraham that God would watch out for Ishmael...

I wonder if there are multiple stories of what happened...[/QUOTE]

Ishmael was captured in the forest at a very young age and put into a circus or zoo.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2008 - 8:14PM #43
EyesoftheWorld
HaHa! My friend theWhiteHart; the other person "here" who referred "Ishmael" to me... was it in this very thread or forum?

anyway, when I first read your post I though you were talking about the Biblical Ishmael...
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2008 - 8:14PM #44
EyesoftheWorld
HaHa! My friend theWhiteHart; the other person "here" who referred "Ishmael" to me... was it in this very thread or forum?

anyway, when I first read your post I though you were talking about the Biblical Ishmael...
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 5:56PM #45
TheWhiteHart
[QUOTE=EyesoftheWorld;910468]HaHa! My friend theWhiteHart; the other person "here" who referred "Ishmael" to me... was it in this very thread or forum?

anyway, when I first read your post I though you were talking about the Biblical Ishmael...[/QUOTE]

Yep. :) There are two more books in the series. The Story of B, and My Ishmael. Then, of course, there is Beyond Civilzation, which is not fictionally set.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 6:00PM #46
EyesoftheWorld
so Ishmael the gorilla was forcibly orphaned... fascinating!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2008 - 1:21AM #47
Nightwriterx
I missed that part somehow (or forgot it along the way). I also haven't read the Story of B yet ... maybe I will.

Will you let us know if you read either one, Eyes?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook