Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Describing Pantheism
6 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2008 - 2:14PM #41
Nightwriterx
Ha, ha. Now I see the Jerry Garcia reference on your profile page. I'm blind! Carry on ....
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2008 - 3:05PM #42
TheWhiteHart
[QUOTE=EyesoftheWorld;901456]Thank you for that.

I have read though that Ishmael was Hagar's son with Abraham and Abraham's wife got angry and/or jealous of Ishmael and convinced Abraham to exile Ishmael and Hagar only after an angel assured Abraham that God would watch out for Ishmael...

I wonder if there are multiple stories of what happened...[/QUOTE]

Ishmael was captured in the forest at a very young age and put into a circus or zoo.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2008 - 8:14PM #43
EyesoftheWorld
HaHa! My friend theWhiteHart; the other person "here" who referred "Ishmael" to me... was it in this very thread or forum?

anyway, when I first read your post I though you were talking about the Biblical Ishmael...
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2008 - 8:14PM #44
EyesoftheWorld
HaHa! My friend theWhiteHart; the other person "here" who referred "Ishmael" to me... was it in this very thread or forum?

anyway, when I first read your post I though you were talking about the Biblical Ishmael...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 5:56PM #45
TheWhiteHart
[QUOTE=EyesoftheWorld;910468]HaHa! My friend theWhiteHart; the other person "here" who referred "Ishmael" to me... was it in this very thread or forum?

anyway, when I first read your post I though you were talking about the Biblical Ishmael...[/QUOTE]

Yep. :) There are two more books in the series. The Story of B, and My Ishmael. Then, of course, there is Beyond Civilzation, which is not fictionally set.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2008 - 6:00PM #46
EyesoftheWorld
so Ishmael the gorilla was forcibly orphaned... fascinating!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2008 - 1:21AM #47
Nightwriterx
I missed that part somehow (or forgot it along the way). I also haven't read the Story of B yet ... maybe I will.

Will you let us know if you read either one, Eyes?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook