Switch to Forum Live View Wife left me for a muslim
6 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2007 - 10:01PM #1
SalvageItAll
So - I've been with my wife since 8th grade (7 years). We've been married for almost 3 years now.  She met a Muslim man From India that Lives in Chicago last April(On a work training Trip.) They began to talk about the religion - and withing a month they were telling eachother that they loved eachother. She moved out to take "Space." I recently found out that he was flying here and spending nights at  her apartment. She claims that they never slept in the same bed - but i find that terribly hard to believe. They stopped talking because he had a dream that made him feel they shouldn't be together. She moved back in with me and i took her back like the dumbass i am. A few weeks later, we agreed that i should move into an apartment for a year while we patch things up. It didn't take too long until he came back into the picture - and now i'm old news. i'm locked out of my own house, we're getting a divorce - and she flies there weekly to spend 2 or 3 nights there. she supposedly converted last month...... isn't he wrong for getting involved with a non-muslim woman - and a married one at that? Also - isn't it against the religion for a man and woman to sleep together or be alone together? if he's so hypocritical of his religion - how can he preach the religion to her? She told me herself that he's very hypocritical - yet she's so in love with him? i know it's over between us - but i am so very scared that she is being blinded by all of this - and that this man is really a fake. Any thoughts or advice?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 1:17PM #2
RevKeithWright
I'm going to say the same things your closest friends are telling you...better now than later, you deserve better, religion has nothing to do with it, he will treat her with disrespect and will dump her as that ihow it works.  Hang in there...heal...and join Plenty of Fish dot com...lots of great people there and great forums to deal with this kind of issue..
All the best,
Keith
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 11:29PM #3
SonnyC
Well, my first thought would have been to cut his head off with a very big, very sharp Buck knife. (tongue in cheek)

The rev. is right, dude (I'm only being nice to him because I think he's an apostate from pastoring, and that suits me where I'm at, I HATE pastors. (oops, more hate speech, sorry)

When life unjustly feeds you a lemon like this, you basically got two choices, man, pathological social mania, or resolve yourself to future justice (the concept of God demands necessary justice, he'll balance the scales on your behalf someday, in this life or the next) and make the conscious choice that you are not the problem, you are a victim, and you will steel yourself against the evil by rising abobe it. maintain your self respect by HATING them, and then letting it go and go out and make a better life for yourself.

but the REV already said all that, in less words.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2008 - 11:35PM #4
newmuslimlady
Yes, you are right about he isn't suppose to be carrying on a relationship with any woman and definitely not with a marriaged one at that.  Muslim men or women are not suppose to have relationships without being married.  But that said, there are those who do not follow their religion as they are tempted astray by Satan.   Christians are not suppose to have relations without marriage either but that doesn't stop a lot of them.  So man sins and it doesn't matter who they are or what religion they say they are with. 

Sorry that you are having to go through this time of difficulty.   Ask God to give you strength and guidance...

Peace!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2009 - 5:27PM #5
Daniyal

Dec 14, 2007 -- 10:01PM, SalvageItAll wrote:

So - I've been with my wife since 8th grade (7 years). We've been married for almost 3 years now. She met a Muslim man From India that Lives in Chicago last April(On a work training Trip.) They began to talk about the religion - and withing a month they were telling eachother that they loved eachother. She moved out to take "Space." I recently found out that he was flying here and spending nights at her apartment. She claims that they never slept in the same bed - but i find that terribly hard to believe. They stopped talking because he had a dream that made him feel they shouldn't be together. She moved back in with me and i took her back like the dumbass i am. A few weeks later, we agreed that i should move into an apartment for a year while we patch things up. It didn't take too long until he came back into the picture - and now i'm old news. i'm locked out of my own house, we're getting a divorce - and she flies there weekly to spend 2 or 3 nights there. she supposedly converted last month...... isn't he wrong for getting involved with a non-muslim woman - and a married one at that? Also - isn't it against the religion for a man and woman to sleep together or be alone together? if he's so hypocritical of his religion - how can he preach the religion to her? She told me herself that he's very hypocritical - yet she's so in love with him? i know it's over between us - but i am so very scared that she is being blinded by all of this - and that this man is really a fake. Any thoughts or advice?

You could have come up with a better story then that and if you were with your wife since the  8th grade then , She knew you better then any of us .  Meaning you 're are full of yourself .

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook