Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2008 - 6:28PM #1
charlesnotprince
What does Eckankar have to say about UFO's and aliens?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2008 - 11:28PM #2
hulynne
Hello again,
Well, we believe in life in many forms, many worlds. Some people can "see" more than others, in that their awareness has brought them this ability to see other life forms.
Lifeforms are not limited to this earth planet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2008 - 2:03PM #3
charlesnotprince
Interesting response.  Is it spiritually important to concern yourself about life on other worlds, or is that one of the distractions from self-actualization?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2008 - 12:45AM #4
hulynne
I don't see it that extremely important in my spiritual journey. I have had a past life experience of living on another world, but I could not name this world, or know the time-frame. Very incredible experience, though!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2008 - 1:50AM #5
charlesnotprince
Interesting.  I myself have had a dream about what I think was Atlantis times here on Earth.  I wanted my son and family to escape in a space ship but there wasn't room for me.  So I stayed behind and enormous waves of water came and drowned this high-tech city of huge towers where I was.  I have also had several dreams about being out in space, exploring planets and so on.  But I think there is at least some connection to a space game I used to play a lot.  I haven't played the game for a while and the space dreams have stopped too.  I think dream interpretation is a very complex business; it's easy to misinterpret or perhaps to allow wishful thinking to cloud your judgement.  I suppose that is the sort of thing that becomes less of a problem the more familiar you get with the ECK and Its ways.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2008 - 11:03PM #6
hulynne
I also have had some space dreams, so I think there is some validity to your dreams as past lives. Think about how "real" some of the emotions and situations felt. Do not discount them just because you didn't get the whole picture. We are only allowed what we can handle, after all....
You do keep a dream journal, right? This can help with filling in the details while you still recall them. Sometimes I wait too long, and lose lots of information that way.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2008 - 12:47AM #7
charlesnotprince
I keep a dream journal in audio form.  It was just taking too long to write down everything several times a night.  So now I keep a wee digital audio recorder by my bed, and talk usually for a couple of minutes about my dreams each time I wake up.  It is still a lot of material.  Someday I'm going to have to type up the highlights of the recordings so that I will be able to cross reference things, look up symbols and so forth.  It's going to be a big job.

Can you tell me more about your other planet dream?  Where there humanoids there?  Advanced technology?

I definitely have the feeling after a good space dream that there is some validity to it.  I just don't know how much of what I am able to remember is because of its similarity to other familiar material, like space games.  Therefore I don't know how to interpret the dreams properly.  I think the main spritual purpose of the dreams, however, is to show that there is a big universe out there and that I shouldn't get too attached to this planet.  But obviously I am focussed on living a life here and now.  I think once the Mahanta takes you under his wing, a long term plan starts to unfold; so things are hopefully going to be clearer down the road.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2008 - 10:56AM #8
hulynne
In one dream I was part of a work crew on a space ship, and I really loved my job. I was given a different mission, which upset my ambitions though. I was female.
In another dream I was a being on another planet, high status female. I was meeting with a man (we both had wizards with us, or something like this), and he tried to overpower me. I won this battle, but it was the old story of power versus love, and I was more powerful using love.
I did wear a string of light around my neck.
These dreams are quite old, but I still remember them!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2008 - 3:42PM #9
charlesnotprince
Very interesting stuff.  I gather that the question of whether you were humanoid in these dreams is rather moot.  If you had a necklace of light maybe you were in the soul body. 

I had a dream years ago now about touring a shipyard and seeing a very large starship under construction.  It was supposed to be for the Navy, but the planet building it was getting rebellious and was secretly modifying it and planning to steal it instead of handing it over to the Navy.  The thing was so huge there was one area which was like a shopping mall, along one deck near the outside skin of the ship.  The engines were huge; they weren't rockets, but there was some kind of analogue structure which vented something to the rear of the ship out in space.  It had been under construction for years and there were several months to go.

Most of my space dreams either involve some kind of political struggle or else exploration, or both.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2008 - 2:16PM #10
Spiritualtruthseeker
Interesting discussion...

My experience has been that many times people who think they have had an encounter with UFO's are really experiencing things in the astral worlds but believe it is physical.

As for past lives - they only matter to the degree that they affect you today, and in reality (since time is an illusion) they sit on top of each other in the now.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook