Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View wherever you look, is the face of Allah
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 12:13PM #21
lauramushkat
I think the previous poster is most likely wrong.  I doubt very much that Muslims would try to convert Jews to their religon, at least not here in the US.  I doubt if other then during a school or business day many have much to do with non-Muslims due to the prevalent feelings these days.  You see them in the grocery store and smile at a cute child and they look at you like you were terrible.  I think they want to be left alone and leave others alone.

What they need is a good PR system because of mistrust.  In Europe they think that Americans-more so in the US then Canada I have heard, are like little puppy dogs who want everyone to like them individually despite what our leaders may or may not be doing.  If this is true you know how hurt a puppy can be when they find somebody to mistrust.  The problem's for Muslims is the same here.  Instad of trying to be friendly tho on these Jewish sites they seem to be trying to get us angry.

They seem to have a lot of problems here among their own in addition so I doubt if they care of have the inclination to try to get converts anywhere here in the US.  Ofcourse in the Middle East that is different, or seems to be.  Much the same as they always did there I gather.  But that is another subject for discussion elsewhere.

Hugs,
Laura
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2007 - 12:06PM #22
blucat
Basically i have come to spread the good news, i am not proselytising or trying to make a Jew a Muhammadan, or a Jew a Christian.  I do not wish to convert, only to show you the light,
before it is too late.  GOD in the Bible and in the Quran, is no different in judging which of us goes to paradise and who goes to hell, but the difference is GOD tells us it is forever which is apparant in the Bible and the Quran, forever is a long time, don't you feel you need to think about things, or whether there is anything to discuss, are we living in a time of enlightenment, of rational thinking, or a time of ignorance and barbarity.  Depends on where you are, I personally am not in a position where i could even if i tried but they you go, maybe you could, or someone else could, but what it is that will achieve true success is to attain salvation.

The following is a sura taken from the Quran:
"By Al-'Asr (the time).
Verily! Man is in loss,
Except those who believe  and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth  and recommend one another to patience."

The four types of people who achieve success are mentioned in this sura, sura al-asr.

If you wish to stick to one body and think like a body of people,
but I would recomend you think individually and for yourselves, each of us has been granted the faculty to think, and that is where the test lies.
What I find is when you talk to the Christian or the Muhammadan or the Jew, they all think like a body of people not individually, and that is their main downfall.

I have discussed issues with Christians and Muhammadans, and thought what it would be like to talk to Jews also.  I believe that the first commandment of the Torah, and the greatest commandment according to Jesus, and the kalima of the Abrahamic faith, the hanifan musliman, the millet ibraheem, which is la illaha illallah which the Muhammadans have corrupted by adding 'and muhamad is His messenger', and therefore are no longer Muslims but are Muhammadans. 
Should unify the believer under Islam and make us Muslims, which the true faith, as long as we believe and do not commit idolatry and stick firmly to the proclaimation of faith, that there is no god besides GOD.  Which in the Old Testament is written in the Commandments, and is the greatest commandment according to Jesus, the unity of GOD is what i call you to uphold, rather than your churches and schools and your sects and denominations and your creeds and religions, believe that there is no god besides GOD, and you fulfil your duty, He is one, and He has no partners.

That should make things easier on us all, rather than be divided we could unify those of the Old Testament , those of the New Testament, and those of the Final Testament, under Islam.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2007 - 1:49PM #23
nieciedo
[QUOTE=blucat;167465]Basically i have come to spread the good news, i am not proselytising or trying to make a Jew a Muhammadan, or a Jew a Christian.  I do not wish to convert, only to show you the light,
before it is too late.

You don't want to convert us, but you want us to "see the light" and change our beliefs -- IOW, to convert.

Interesting.

GOD in the Bible and in the Quran, is no different in judging which of us goes to paradise and who goes to hell, but the difference is GOD tells us it is forever which is apparant in the Bible and the Quran, forever is a long time,..

No mention of hell or paradise or who gets to go there appears in our Bible, and our Bible is the only religious text we're interested in, thank you very much.

don't you feel you need to think about things, or whether there is anything to discuss, are we living in a time of enlightenment, of rational thinking, or a time of ignorance and barbarity.  Depends on where you are, I personally am not in a position where i could even if i tried but they you go, maybe you could, or someone else could, but what it is that will achieve true success is to attain salvation.

Could you please rephrase that, because I haven't got a clue what you're trying to say. As for "salvation," the only salvation we care about is living the best holy and righteous life we can in this world. If there is an afterlife, that is in God's hands and He hasn't bothered to give us any details. As for how to achieve salvation it's quite simple:

Malachi 6:8
"[God] has told you, O man, what is good, and what the Eternal One requires of you: only to do justice and love goodness and walk humbly with your God."

The following is a sura taken from the Quran:
"By Al-'Asr (the time).
Verily! Man is in loss,
Except those who believe  and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth  and recommend one another to patience."

That's very nice. That reinforces my contention that the same fundamental truths underlie all religions, even Islam.

If you wish to stick to one body and think like a body of people,
but I would recomend you think individually and for yourselves, each of us has been granted the faculty to think, and that is where the test lies.

And if your faculty to think as individuals leads us to diagree with you (as it has), what then?

I have discussed issues with Christians and Muhammadans, and thought what it would be like to talk to Jews also.  I believe that the first commandment of the Torah..."

The first commandment of the Torah is either "Be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it..." (Genesis 1:28, the law of circumcision (Genesis 17:10-14) or "This month shall mark for you the beginning of the months..." (Exods 12:2), depending on whom you ask.

...and the greatest commandment according to Jesus

Jesus said the greatest commandment was "An you shall love the Eternal One your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength" (Deut. 6:5; Matt 22:36-37).

and the kalima of the Abrahamic faith, the hanifan musliman, the millet ibraheem, which is la illaha illallah which the Muhammadans have corrupted by adding 'and muhamad is His messenger', and therefore are no longer Muslims but are Muhammadans.

So, you incorporate beliefs of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam but you're not a Jew, a Christian, or a "Mohammadan". Who are you, Dave Sim?

That should make things easier on us all, rather than be divided we could unify those of the Old Testament , those of the New Testament, and those of the Final Testament, under Islam.[/QUOTE]

But what if we do not want to be unified under Islam? What if we would like to retain the freedom to believe and worship however we choose? I understand that freedom of religion is a difficult concept for some people to grasp, but a lot of people have fought and died to win and safeguard that right and I for one am in no hurry to cast it aside.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook