Page 4 of 17  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 9:25PM #31
williejhonlo
[QUOTE=flowupstream;857045]Since this is the New Thought forum I'll quote a popular New Thought saying..."There's not a spot where God is not!" Ultimate Truth can never be seperate from anything or any place. I cannot say that I am the creator, but The Father and I ARE ONE.[/QUOTE]Since you admit that you are not the creator you admit than that there is some difference between you and God. Even though there is a oneness theres a difference also since i could not claim that I am God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 12:53PM #32
Flowupstream

williejhonlo wrote:

Since you admit that you are not the creator you admit than that there is some difference between you and God. Even though there is a oneness theres a difference also since i could not claim that I am God.

I have said I am not THE creator. I have NOT said there's anything different from the creator in me. There is a huge difference. The creator of all creates through me, AS me. (and you too)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2008 - 6:01PM #33
TigersEyeDowsing
Sometimes it's hard to juggle "I and the Father are one", and "He who has seen me has seen the Father," with

"I am the son of the living God" and "I of myself am nothing, but do all things through the Father which is in me."
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2008 - 7:43PM #34
williejhonlo
[QUOTE=flowupstream;860836]I have said I am not THE creator. I have NOT said there's anything different from the creator in me. There is a huge difference. The creator of all creates through me, AS me. (and you too)[/QUOTE] You are saying he has given you the ability to create, right?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2008 - 8:32PM #35
Flowupstream

williejhonlo wrote:

You are saying he has given you the ability to create, right?

You are asking about one of the most basic principles of New Thought. Do you understand the nature of the faith community you're participating in? Pretty much everybody here would acknowledge thier participation in creative process, but not necisarliy in your words. To me there is no "He" who bestows powers upon subjects but rather a set of natural laws which govern the universe. Not everybody here agrees with my denial of a "He", but all choose use these laws as part of thier New Thought practice.

Would you like some links to learn more about the group of religions known as New Thought?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2008 - 1:13PM #36
WillSea
For me, I can say that I am co-creating my life experience with the Guidance of God, using the same Law that the Creator used.  What God does on a cosmic scale, I do in the microcosm of my life. 

I believe that Creation is a continuing expression, that even God said so, "Behold, I make all things new!" and that my own awareness of this creative process allows me to be creative in my life on the scale of an individual.

God is Absolute in every aspect of Good, and we can be aligned with that, or take a relative stance and have "some" health, "some" abundance and "some" love.  By surrendering to the Absolute and knowing Its Power in our lives, we can partake of a greater experience of the infinite Good.

NT also teaches oneness, that there is no separation between God and anything.  The wave is not separate from the ocean.  The wave cannot exist without the totality of the ocean supporting it and BEING its essence. We may claim the temporary expression of our wave-nature, but under it all is the One.  This is thje oneness that flowupstrream is talkin' about.

Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2008 - 1:51PM #37
EyesoftheWorld
God does not exist outside of God's Creation;
God only exists in God's Creation;
Everything, including me, contains God, but not wholly.

The idea that there is not even a minute part of God within must be a very sad self opinion....
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2008 - 4:51PM #38
Loniemc
My very favorite saying of all time: "God is not in me like a button is in a glass of water; God is in me like the ocean is in a wave." I believe that we are all part of God, that we all make up God. In the end, separation is only an illusion (that Course in Miracles thing).

Now, I'm pretty new to Unity, and the little church I go to doesn't always seem to be on track with Unity teachings. However, this is one of the foundational beliefs, isn't it?

smiles, Lonie
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2008 - 6:31PM #39
williejhonlo
[QUOTE=EyesoftheWorld;877185]God does not exist outside of God's Creation;
God only exists in God's Creation;
Everything, including me, contains God, but not wholly.

The idea that there is not even a minute part of God within must be a very sad self opinion....[/QUOTE] If God does not exist outside the creation, where was he standing when he created it?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2008 - 8:32PM #40
Flowupstream

williejhonlo wrote:

If God does not exist outside the creation, where was he standing when he created it?

Now you're just being silly. Even IF god DOES exist outside the creation where was "he" standing while creating a place to stand? Go get yourself some logic before you come back to refute my religious beliefs in thier own forum.

BTW; does the god you call "he" have a penis? and if so...why?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 17  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook