Page 1 of 17  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next
6 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2007 - 11:19AM #1
annihilator
What is truth?

Is truth a set of rigid facts that keep us in bondage to it's borders?

Is truth an ever fluid, ever growing, newness that has no borders?

What is truth?

Patrick
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 12:44AM #2
Mt_man
There are physical laws - E = MC2 for instance.  As far as I know, there is not a changing nature to that law.

Then you could say it's the truth that there is truth.  You could not say it's the truth that there is no truth as that would be an oxymoron.

But the physical realm does not necessarily include the spiritual realm.  E may not = MC2 in the spiritual realm.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 5:05AM #3
TigersEyeDowsing
[QUOTE=annihilator;129098]What is truth?

Is truth a set of rigid facts that keep us in bondage to it's borders?

Is truth an ever fluid, ever growing, newness that has no borders?

What is truth?

Patrick[/QUOTE]

To me, "Truth" is spiritual law.  The Law of Expression, the Law of Attraction, etc. are all "Truth".  To say "The Father and I are One" is Truth, because it is law.  To say "God is all" is Truth.  To say "I am healthy" may be true or it may not be, because it's a condition based on outward appearances.  But to say "I am Health" is Truth, because of the Law of Expression, regardless of appearance.  Fannie James said outward appearance or deceptions don't change the actual Truth.

At least, that's how I see it. ;)  Hard question!

Joseph
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 10:56AM #4
annihilator
[QUOTE=mt_man;130765]There are physical laws - E = MC2 for instance.  As far as I know, there is not a changing nature to that law.

Then you could say it's the truth that there is truth.  You could not say it's the truth that there is no truth as that would be an oxymoron.

But the physical realm does not necessarily include the spiritual realm.  E may not = MC2 in the spiritual realm.[/QUOTE]

Hay mt_man,

E=MC2 may be a fact, with the current information we have.  It has thus far held true and not been refuted.  Factual truth.  Physical truth.  Truth in the physical is always something that can be proved to be true with the resources we are now possess.

There seems to be a Spiritual law that can "transend" a physical truth?

Thanks for your input
Patrick
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 11:18AM #5
annihilator
[QUOTE=TigersEyeDowsing;130897]To me, "Truth" is spiritual law.  The Law of Expression, the Law of Attraction, etc. are all "Truth".  To say "The Father and I are One" is Truth, because it is law.  To say "God is all" is Truth.  To say "I am healthy" may be true or it may not be, because it's a condition based on outward appearances.  But to say "I am Health" is Truth, because of the Law of Expression, regardless of appearance.  Fannie James said outward appearance or deceptions don't change the actual Truth.

At least, that's how I see it. ;)  Hard question!

Joseph

Hi Jo,

What is truth? does seem to be a hard question.

I think you did a good job with it.  Truth seems to be ilusive but we do seem to grab hold of parts of truth and make them part of our constitution; My truth.  Our truth is that, that sets us free, and puts us in the place that we want to be.  Be true to thyself.  As we work toward being true to ourself, this truth is uncovered and is the joy and life for our soul.

Seems the Spirit in us is a truth sensor tjhat humms with satisfaction onley when our Soul lives in and embodies truth.

Patrick
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 12:06AM #6
Flowupstream
"What is Truth?"
This is the only question that Jesus did not answer when Pilot asked.

Lao Tzu (which means "old master") says in the first line of the "Tao Te Ching",
"The Tao which can be defined is not the true Tao" or another translation, "The way which can be described is not the eternal way"

We cannot describe truth, only what it does, or contains. And there is nothing outside of Truth
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 8:27PM #7
The_Eye_Am
Would it be fair to say that if we attempt to define the Truth, then we limit the Truth.........and Truth is limitless?

~Lori
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 1:45PM #8
Mt_man
[QUOTE=The_Eye_Am;151829]Would it be fair to say that if we attempt to define the Truth, then we limit the Truth.........and Truth is limitless?[/QUOTE]

Well stated Lori.

(I think you are also saying that Truth has unlimited possibility.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2007 - 12:06AM #9
DaoDuck
[QUOTE=mt_man;153420]Well stated Lori.

(I think you are also saying that Truth has unlimited possibility.)[/QUOTE]

I doubt that we can "know" Truth except by realizing that we do NOT know what it is. How can the part know and understand the whole? However, Truth seems to express in two forms: Spiritual (Essence) and Physical (Manifest). [According to the Tao Te ching, "Essence and Manifest "emerge together" out of the Unity, which is the Great Mystery." (Tao Te Ching, chapter 1) ]

We can observe Essence/Spirit via "stillness" (Unity). We can observe the Manifest/Physical via the senses. These two aspects of reality are related. That is likely why the "Way" (Mastery) involves appreciating both Spiritual and Physical without remaining attached to either one. That is probably why Abraham Hicks and "The Secret" talk about the relationship between Spirit (Asking, believing, etc.) and Material (Doing, having, etc.). Spirit and Material reflect, influence, and actually contain a portion of each other. [Yin/Yang - Relativity]

While Truth can not be directly known, its effects can be experienced and observed. That may be why the NT includes the idea that the wind blows and we can see its effects, but we do not know where it comes from or where it is going (it is the same wth God, Reality, Tao, Mystery, etc.). "Marvel not" that a person must be born of water (Manifest) and the spirit (Essence). Unless one "lives" in both the Physical and Spiritual, then s/he is living in the world (ONLY), rather than "in the world, but not of the world" (BOTH).

So, "Truth," I think, is recognizing that we are human beings, limited in understanding, which is freedom! We do not have to figure it all out! "The "Truth shall set you free." "What is Truth?" That's Right (It's a Mystery)! That way, we can live in the moment (the Kingdom), observing (like a child) that "it is what it is." We can avoid being judgmental ("Do not Judge!") and we can be responsible for our own perceptions, beliefs and actions (we "create our own reality"). Most of all, we can LOVE, because that "Mystery" is who we are, expressing as US! Every person is "of" the One. A Unity greeting is, "I behold the 'Christ' (Mystery, Oneness/Love, Truth) in you." In a word, "Namaste!"

That, I think, is New Thought "Truth" in a nutshell.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2007 - 12:20AM #10
Flowupstream
[QUOTE=DaoDuck;169051]While Truth can not be directly known, its effects can be experienced and observed. That may be why the NT includes the idea that the wind blows and we can see its effects, but we do not know where it comes from or where it is going (it is the same wth God, Reality, Tao, Mystery, etc.).[/QUOTE]

I think its important to note that, like the wind, we EXPERIENCE Truth directly. We experience The Absolute directly. We recognize thet we don't have to figure it all out, but at the same time, we know that "it" will "out" reguardless of our knowing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 17  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook