Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

10 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2007 - 4:32PM #1
Pamcakes
Hello all,

Okay, Whew! I figured out to get logged in so I could post.  I've been reading (and enjoying) this forum for a couple of years (yeah, I'm a lurker), and thought maybe I could get the info I need.

I'm hoping someone can give me a contact for a sweatlodge in the Calgary area.  I've been living in NM for the last five years, and haven't found one here.  I used to go regularly to one outside Ottawa, where I moved here from.  That one was Arapahoe Turtle lodge tradition, though run by a Cree guy originally from Saskatchewan.

I'm going back to Calgary for a while to help out my folks and I'm still missing sweatlodge as part of my spiritual practice, so I thought I'd just put it out there.  Anyone know of anyone I could go and get teachings from and maybe join their sweat?

Meegwich for your help.

P.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2007 - 4:32PM #2
Pamcakes
Hello all,

Okay, Whew! I figured out to get logged in so I could post.  I've been reading (and enjoying) this forum for a couple of years (yeah, I'm a lurker), and thought maybe I could get the info I need.

I'm hoping someone can give me a contact for a sweatlodge in the Calgary area.  I've been living in NM for the last five years, and haven't found one here.  I used to go regularly to one outside Ottawa, where I moved here from.  That one was Arapahoe Turtle lodge tradition, though run by a Cree guy originally from Saskatchewan.

I'm going back to Calgary for a while to help out my folks and I'm still missing sweatlodge as part of my spiritual practice, so I thought I'd just put it out there.  Anyone know of anyone I could go and get teachings from and maybe join their sweat?

Meegwich for your help.

P.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 9:56AM #3
Tenlionz
not one in the yellow pagez? sorry but you make it sound az if sweat lodge iz like finding a local massage parlor, are you NDN? not all ndnz sweat, if your that into it then build a lodge of your own, dont worry you will find lots of people to join you, they may be not ndnz but there are tonz of whites wanting to play Injun, have fun aey.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 9:56AM #4
Tenlionz
not one in the yellow pagez? sorry but you make it sound az if sweat lodge iz like finding a local massage parlor, are you NDN? not all ndnz sweat, if your that into it then build a lodge of your own, dont worry you will find lots of people to join you, they may be not ndnz but there are tonz of whites wanting to play Injun, have fun aey.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook