Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Introduction to Maltheism
7 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 12:48AM #1
Ask.seek.knock
Below is the link to the archived original "Introduction to Maltheism" thread created by Paul Zimmerman.

www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_list.as...

==========
4/10/11 - Edited to fix link.

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2007 - 10:03PM #2
whichone
ask.seek.knock,

Thank you for finding the introduction and providing the link.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 9:57PM #3
BillThinks4Himself
[QUOTE=ask.seek.knock;102126]Below is the link to the archived original "Introduction to Maltheism" thread created by Paul Zimmerman.

http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_list.asp?discussionID=164781[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link.  It confirmed my previous conviction that maltheism is both self-contradictory and absurd.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 11:28PM #4
whichone

BillThinks4Himself wrote:

Thanks for the link. It confirmed my previous conviction that maltheism is both self-contradictory and absurd.

Billthinks4himself,

This is our community forum and/or learn about forum.  This is not the debate forum.  You are free to disagree with maltheism.  Many many many people do, but please take your criticism to the proper forum:  Discuss New Religious Movements.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 9:57PM #5
BillThinks4Himself
[QUOTE=ask.seek.knock;102126]Below is the link to the archived original "Introduction to Maltheism" thread created by Paul Zimmerman.

http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_list.asp?discussionID=164781[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link.  It confirmed my previous conviction that maltheism is both self-contradictory and absurd.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2007 - 11:28PM #6
whichone

BillThinks4Himself wrote:

Thanks for the link. It confirmed my previous conviction that maltheism is both self-contradictory and absurd.

Billthinks4himself,

This is our community forum and/or learn about forum.  This is not the debate forum.  You are free to disagree with maltheism.  Many many many people do, but please take your criticism to the proper forum:  Discuss New Religious Movements.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 5:07AM #7
whichone
Here it is Pheonix.  The link to the beliefnet writtings is here, but I quickly looked at the maltheism blog.  It looks like Craig provided a link there too.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2010 - 12:01AM #8
Ask.seek.knock

[bump]

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2011 - 7:30AM #9
Paravani

Nov 29, 2007 -- 12:48AM, Ask.seek.knock wrote:

Below is the link to the archived original "Introduction to Maltheism" thread created by Paul Zimmerman.    www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_list.as...

Since the link isn't working, maybe you'd consider re-posting the discussion?

Love,

-- Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2011 - 12:45AM #10
Ask.seek.knock
Paravani,

Thanks for the "heads up" that my original link was not working.  Strangely enough, though, the copy of the link in your quote did work.  I fixed the link in my original post.  Through several previews and after submission, it was working fine for me.  Hopefully, it will stay that way.  (Apparently, the second changeover in 2008 must have damaged the link that was posted in 2007 after the first changeover.)

Personally, I do not feel it is within my purview to copy/paste the texts from the original postings for the following reasons:

1) I did not originate those writings.  The author, Paul Zimmerman, is deceased.  I feel that any decision to copy/paste his writings should be made by his family - particularly his zon, Craig Zimmerman, who used to participate in the Maltheist Forum.

2) I am not a moderator for this or any other forum at Bnet and would not be doing such copying/pasting in any "official" capacity.

Ultimately, considering how long it has taken for us to even discover that my link was not working, it seems that providing a working link to the archived postings will be sufficient for the limited traffic that this forum receives.  Thanks, again, for the alert to the damaged link.

==========
This is my second attempt to reply to you.  When I tried to preview my earlier posting, Bnet dropped my login and lost my post - probably one of the contributing factors to the lack of traffic/participation here since the multiple changeovers.

ASK

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook