Switch to Forum Live View how to be invisible
7 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2007 - 10:14PM #1
Rimes_Glimmer
on Beliefnet that is.

i saw over on the junkie thread that a lot of us keep a tab open on Bnet and so it shows many people as being here, or really as being online, even if they are busy elsewhere or just have an always on connection. i know that my rig is almost always on during the day. which, if i understand how such things work, as long as your browser is still reading you as logged in it would show you here at Beliefnet even if you have no tabs open on the place. closing your browser window entirely or logging out would give the appearance of being offline.

but there is another way.

here's how to hide that you're online even when you are on the site. which i do as my PC is almost always on during the day and since i came back i usually have a tab open to Bnet.

* when in forums look for the User CP which Beliefnet is calling "My Settings" that should be towards the top left of the page. click on that.

* then look again to the left near the top and find "Edit Options" click on that.

* you should then see log in & privacy setting which you can adjust to invisible.

* however, make sure that you scroll down to near the bottom of the page and click the "Save Changes" button for it to take.

and then . .  voila! no more visibility!

frith & bliss,
Glimmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2007 - 10:45PM #2
PomegranateStaindGrn
LOL

I've also noticed that if you leave the forums and are just looking around the rest of the BNet site, you don't show up as visible. 

Of course I'm not worried about who sees me online and whether they think I'm spending too much time here or not! LOL  I do have a lot of time on my hands and I am available for talks almost anytime.  It's all fine with me. 

BB
Pom
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2007 - 11:09PM #3
Rimes_Glimmer
lol!!
i don't want people thinking that i'm ignoring them when i'm away from my computer.

there's no IM here so they can't exactly buzz me when i'm working. :p

but all the same, me likes my privacy. :cool:
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2007 - 9:51AM #4
Al_Jaeger

Rimes_Glimmer wrote:

lol!!
i don't want people thinking that i'm ignoring them when i'm away from my computer.

there's no IM here so they can't exactly buzz me when i'm working. :p

but all the same, me likes my privacy. :cool:

I will tell you all how to be invisible:
Turn 40!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2007 - 12:13PM #5
Rimes_Glimmer

Al_Jaeger wrote:

I will tell you all how to be invisible:
Turn 40!

oh . .  i see! oh my! do we get a cloak of invisibility at 40? i swear i've gotten harder to miss as i keep getting wider! ;)

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2007 - 1:15PM #6
Al_Jaeger

Rimes_Glimmer wrote:

oh . . i see! oh my! do we get a cloak of invisibility at 40? i swear i've gotten harder to miss as i keep getting wider! ;)

LOL! Something about disturbing the space/time continuum I guess.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 7:13AM #7
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I wear a hunter's camouflage shirt. A shop assistant complimented me that it looked photographic! And I noticed that the fabric was upside-down. So the gum leaves droop towards my head!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook