Switch to Forum Live View What exactly do Jedi believe?
|5 years ago :: Mar 08, 2008 - 7:49PM #21|
Nice to meet you all. My name is April, my Jedi name is Anora’Una Ilorn. I am Jedi Knight. I think I can help shed some light on this topic. I came upon it in some searchs on Google.
We believe in the Force as described by each individual person. Most have agreed that it is an energy that existed before or just after the creation of the Universe and influences all things. Some believe it is God others believe it could be an energy that holds multiple deities much like the Goddess to some Wiccans is the core for multiple Goddesses. Also, some believe that the Force is the energy of the Universe and believe in nothing else. But at the core of Jediism is a strong belief that each individual has the right to believe what they wish and, should they believe in the Force, they have the right to view the Force as they see fit.
At the end of this post will be what we at The Temple of the Jedi Force believe. Some sites vary but for the most part it is the same for most Jedi. But, there are lessons that are passed down from Master to Padawan that most Masters like to keep private between themselves and their students.
I must admit that there could be people that believe that they can move stuff with their minds but for the most part we don’t, lol. Many do believe in Chi or Qi, Aura’s, Chakra, etc, but there are some who don’t. So we basically stand by the good old, ‘it could exist’ rule of thumb, lol.
I hope this cleared some things up and if you have anymore questions please ask. I would be happy to answer anything for you.
May The Force Be With You
Afterthought, this is primarily for Jediism and not necisarily for Jedi Realism. but the two do mingle quite often.
The Jedi Oath
"I profess before all my fellow Jedi that I, (state your legal name) born on (date of birth), without reservation, choose the Jedi path, with all its duties and responsibilities. I shall do that which is right and profess my allegiance to the Force and its will. I vow to uphold the Jedi teachings, and to henceforth devote myself to the life of a Jedi."
The Orthodox Jedi Code
There is no Emotion; There is Peace.
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge.
There is no Passion; There is Serenity.
There is no Chaos: There is Harmony.
There is no Death; There is the Force.
The Jedi Creed
I believe in The Living Force Of Creation:
I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;
Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
I am a Jedi.
I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
The Force is always with me, for I am a Jedi.
Note: This is a direct adaptation from the Prayer of St Francis of Assisi
Three primary tenants of Jediism
When used correctly, these allow us to better ourselves and overcome any obstacle, helping to improve the world around us and fulfil our purpose to Love, Learn and Be Kind.
Real Jedi are the guardians of peace and justice throughout the World. We use our abilities and powers to defend and protect, never to attack others. We respect all life, in all forms. We are humble and live to serve all living things. For the good of others, we seek to improve ourselves through knowledge and wisdom; a neverending journey.
16 Basic Teachings of the Jedi
1. As Jedi, we are in touch with the Living Force flowing through and around us, as well as being spiritually aware of the Force. Jedi are trained to become sensitive to the Force's energy, fluctuations, and disturbances.
2. Jedi live and focus on the present; we must neither dwell on the past nor be overly concerned about the future. As the mind wanders, focusing on the present is a task not easily attained, for the mind is not content with the eternal present moment. As Jedi, we must release our stress and ease our minds.
3. Jedi must maintain a clear mind; this is achieved through meditation and contemplation. Our minds can become cluttered and infected by forces and attitudes that we encounter every day, and must be purged of these unnecessary elements on a daily basis.
4. As Jedi, we are mindful of our thoughts... we focus our thoughts on the positive. The positive energy of the force is healthy for the mind, body and spirit.
5. As Jedi, we trust and use our feelings. We are intuitive, more so than others and with this heightened intuition we become more spiritually evolved as our minds become more harmonious with the Force and it's influences.
6. Jedi are patient. Patience is elusive but can be consciously developed over time.
7. Jedi are mindful of the negative emotions which lead to the Dark Side: Anger, Fear, Aggression, and Hate. If we sense these emotions manifesting within ourselves, we must meditate on the Jedi Code and focus on purging these destructive emotions.
8. Jedi understand that physical training is as important as training the mind and the spirit. We understand that all aspects of training are necessary to maintain the Jedi way of life and to perform the duties of a Jedi.
9. Jedi protect the peace. We are warriors of peace, and are not ones to use force to resolve a conflict; it is through peace, understanding and harmony that conflicts resolve.
10. Jedi believe in destiny and trust in the will of the Living Force. We accept the fact that what seems to be random events are not random at all, but the design of the Living Force of Creation. Each living creature has a purpose, understanding that purpose comes with a deep awareness of the Force. Even things that happen which seem negative have a purpose, though that purpose is not easy to see.
11. Jedi must let go of obsessive attachment, both material and personal. The obsession over possessions creates the fear of loosing those possessions, which can lead to the Dark Side.
12. Jedi believe in eternal life. We do not become obsessed in mourning those who pass. Grieve as you will but take heart, for the soul and spirit continue in the netherworld of the Living Force.
13. Jedi use the Force only when it is necessary. We do not apply our abilities or powers to boast or be prideful. We use the Force for knowledge, and exercise wisdom and humility in doing so, for humility is a trait all Jedi must embody.
14. We as Jedi believe that love and compassion are central to our lives. We must love each other as we love ourselves; by doing this, we envelope all life in the positive energy of the Force.
15. Jedi are guardians of peace and justice. We believe in finding peaceful solutions to problems, gifted as we are we remain negotiators of the utmost ability. We never negotiate out of fear, but never fear to negotiate. We embrace justice, protecting and preserving the fundamental rights of all living creatures. Empathy and compassion are vital to us; it allows us to comprehend the wounds caused by injustice.
16. We as Jedi make a commitment to, and are loyal to the Jedi cause. The ideals, philosophies, and practices of the Jedi define the belief of Jediism, and we take action on this path for self improvement, and to help others. We are both the witnesses and protectors of the Jedi way by the practice of our Faith.