Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

10 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 3:53PM #1
Ottr
No … not the cereal with marshmallows and leprechauns …
Charms, talismans, rabbit‘s feet kinda lucky charms.

I’m a naturally superstitious person.  (Or maybe I’m just eccentric.)  Anyway, I carry with me everything from a Monopoly “Get out of Jail Free” card that doubles as an emergency #’s card for when I travel, to a rabbits foot on my keychain, to rune disks on a pouch. 

Some of my lucky stuff can be traced to lore and tradition.  And some of it is strictly UPG,  intuition, or silliness. 

Out of curiosity, what do you carry for “luck”?  And maybe not just carry, but what sort of charms, talismans, etc. do you use for your home. 

Enquiring minds want to know…
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 12:22PM #2
Sylky
Hi Ottr!

Great topic!

I carry certain runes with me, and stones as well as the hammer on self or assorted objects...
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 12:22PM #3
Sylky
Hi Ottr!

Great topic!

I carry certain runes with me, and stones as well as the hammer on self or assorted objects...
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 12:13AM #4
paksmrbk
Hi all -

I have a small pouch of stones that travels with me whenever I go anywhere - sometimes I pull a particular one out and tuck it away on my person, depending on how I feel.

I also have a necklace that was given to me by my sister when I graduated high school.   It's a silly thing that says "good luck" in Chinese (she figured I'd need all the help I could get, lol), but it hasn't been off my person since I first put it on, and that was 18-odd years ago.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 5:00PM #5
OldeBones
I generally dont carry or wear a talisman or keep anything for luck.  I never really felt that I had a need to do so.  I try to make my own luck; or in some cases, just draw it to me if the circumstance arises. 
For example, I happened to be traveling through Missouri and stopped to get fuel. A man at the cashier's counter (a local) happened to see what I was driving and commented that I was 'wealthy'  (lol)  and as I handed the cashier money for the fuel, he reached out and said, 'let me touch that rich money, it might rub off!'  I thought this amusing but at the same time I simply told the man how true it was.  He seemed puzzled.  I left the store wondering if he had ever picked up 'a lucky penny'.  I also wondered if HE ever wondered how they got there in the first place!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 5:32PM #6
Drknss
I don't really carry anything around for luck.

I try to build luck by fullfilling oaths and doing the right things though.

Take care. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 8:02PM #7
nancyflorencecarlson
my jewelry I use as charms most pieces of jewelry I have I wear long enough for it to assorb some of the energy from my aura then I give it to someone so my spirit will protect them when they wear it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2013 - 1:00PM #8
TRUECHRISTIAN

I love Lucky Charms, they are magically delicous!

I could be wrong.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook