Switch to Forum Live View Evangelical "Movement"
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 9:53AM #1
snoogins03
This is kind of funny, yet sad. These people are wasting their lives on this stuff.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/magaz … ref=slogin
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 2:47PM #2
Maugrim
Yes, it is funny yet sad.

Everybody needs to have some sense of meaning and purpose in their lives. Most also need to have some sense of community or belonging.

So, it's no surprise that some people turn to movements and ideologies to hold their lives together. It's just a shame that these movements and ideologies do so much damage to society, and to individuals on both the insides and the outsides.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 5:15PM #3
Diarmuid
It was too long to read, and not worth my time. But I am sure it is no different from the dozens of other fundie articles I have seen....
Bunch of bullcrap....
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 1:25AM #4
Aeuzent
Looks like they're having some trouble holding together their church of progressive stupidity and utter hypocrisy. It's really just a jenga tower of nonsense built that never really had a chance of converting the nation. It did get scary for awhile during the Bush years but I am very proud that in the end Americans proved smarter than scams like this.

Religion has no place in politics
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 1:25AM #5
Aeuzent
Looks like they're having some trouble holding together their church of progressive stupidity and utter hypocrisy. It's really just a jenga tower of nonsense built that never really had a chance of converting the nation. It did get scary for awhile during the Bush years but I am very proud that in the end Americans proved smarter than scams like this.

Religion has no place in politics
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2010 - 5:57PM #6
Sephirothandvegeta666

I hate evangelicals. They're  fake as hell.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2010 - 5:58PM #7
Sephirothandvegeta666

Feb 8, 2009 -- 1:25AM, Aeuzent wrote:

Looks like they're having some trouble holding together their church of progressive stupidity and utter hypocrisy. It's really just a jenga tower of nonsense built that never really had a chance of converting the nation. It did get scary for awhile during the Bush years but I am very proud that in the end Americans proved smarter than scams like this.   Religion has no place in politics

You're right, it doesn't. Bush was evangelical and he can die for all I care.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook