Page 6 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
7 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2008 - 3:52PM #51
devadasi_gn
Premchela,

Great post!!!!

I personally belive that the pervision is not in homosexuality itself but many times is in the mind of those who are quick to call them sinners.

I have witnessed some of the most loving and sentimental homosexual relationships. I stress the word relationship - a bond between two individuals, two souls specifically. However, I know that there are those who become so preoccupied with the physical act of sex  that goes on behind closed doors that they become completely blind to the non-physical bond that exists.

As the Christian saying goes, let he without sin cast the first stone.

devadasi_gn
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 8:05PM #52
HinduGuy
Devadasi: I invite you to click on Faiths & Practices and then choose discussion & debates and come to the hinduism debate. You might stumble on a discussion on part of your name, here's hoping you take it better than another one with a similar name, lol

To me Hinduism and Budhism have a lot in common with Democratic values whereas Abrahamic faiths are conservative. It is not a surprise to me that Conservatives have cornered religion in America, the values are similar. This is the reason why I say a Hindu world would be better, it would be more tolerant and liberal, give the world a live and let live attitude. Today we see the destruction of native faiths in Africa whereas over the centuries persecuted faiths like Judaism, Zoarashtrianism (not sure I got that right), the bohra branch of Islam & of course Tibetan budhism have found a safe haven in India.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 1:10PM #53
deodatta
I feel that basically when you are trying to compare Hinduism with other religions and faiths, you are making a big mistake as Hinduism or Sanatan vedic Dharma was the first to be followed in the Universe. The other faiths are the off shoots of the same in some distorted manner.They want to establish themselves as fresh and separate religions. If you understand the vedic dharma it came from the following of veda, which came from the Omkara,from the Lord Bramha, who was also had come from the Nabhikamala of Lord Vishnu.Vishnu also was the creation of Maya mahashkti. The basic faith of Hinduism says that "Akashat Patitam Toyam, yatha gacchati sagaram, sarva deva namaskaraha, Keshvam (Vishnu) prati gacchati". Meaning there by that "As water falling from the sky (Rain water) goes to the see. Similarly the worshiping any god idol will ultimately go towards the lord Vishnu. This proves that Hindus believe in ultimate god as lord Vishnu.The Islamic faith which tries to ridicule Hindus as non believers is totally wrong  and I feel that they may be the distracted group of Hindu faith trying to establish as a separate faith.The Koran and also the Bible has common origin.The Koran says that Adam appeared on the earth , first in India.The Eve appeared in Saudi Arabia. This is the same as Manu & Manavi story in Hindu Mythology. The only difference in the Muslim faith is they do not believe in worshiping Idols of God.Hindus have personified God and the various Ävtars"(Reincarnations) to fight the evil. The countries like Saudi Arabia are having "Rahu "and Ketu" dominated countries. These are called as Rakshasa" countries or Demon lands.Even in vedas the "Rakshasas" use to worship the God Shiva.Even the Kaba in macca has Shivling burried under the structure.The worshipers wear white cloth as Hindus do when they go to Shiva temple and worship. This all proves that all other faiths are abberations or off shoots of Hindu Dharma exhibited in distorted form.One can adopt any faith he wants , but I can not understand the belief that if you change the faith you are totally changed, so you ridicule others. In vedas only two divisions were depicted ie. Devas and Danavas. It was never said that any Danava has become Deva. But a few danavs had adopted the faith in God.Even Ravana was a worshiper of Lord Shiva.At the end  when he was dying , he accepted the superiority of Lord Vishnu and even  educated Laxmana on Rajdharma. I feel that doubting the superiority of hinduism is inappropriate and wasting time. I have tried to explain as per my knowledge and understanding of Hinduism.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 1:10PM #54
deodatta
I feel that basically when you are trying to compare Hinduism with other religions and faiths, you are making a big mistake as Hinduism or Sanatan vedic Dharma was the first to be followed in the Universe. The other faiths are the off shoots of the same in some distorted manner.They want to establish themselves as fresh and separate religions. If you understand the vedic dharma it came from the following of veda, which came from the Omkara,from the Lord Bramha, who was also had come from the Nabhikamala of Lord Vishnu.Vishnu also was the creation of Maya mahashkti. The basic faith of Hinduism says that "Akashat Patitam Toyam, yatha gacchati sagaram, sarva deva namaskaraha, Keshvam (Vishnu) prati gacchati". Meaning there by that "As water falling from the sky (Rain water) goes to the see. Similarly the worshiping any god idol will ultimately go towards the lord Vishnu. This proves that Hindus believe in ultimate god as lord Vishnu.The Islamic faith which tries to ridicule Hindus as non believers is totally wrong  and I feel that they may be the distracted group of Hindu faith trying to establish as a separate faith.The Koran and also the Bible has common origin.The Koran says that Adam appeared on the earth , first in India.The Eve appeared in Saudi Arabia. This is the same as Manu & Manavi story in Hindu Mythology. The only difference in the Muslim faith is they do not believe in worshiping Idols of God.Hindus have personified God and the various Ävtars"(Reincarnations) to fight the evil. The countries like Saudi Arabia are having "Rahu "and Ketu" dominated countries. These are called as Rakshasa" countries or Demon lands.Even in vedas the "Rakshasas" use to worship the God Shiva.Even the Kaba in macca has Shivling burried under the structure.The worshipers wear white cloth as Hindus do when they go to Shiva temple and worship. This all proves that all other faiths are abberations or off shoots of Hindu Dharma exhibited in distorted form.One can adopt any faith he wants , but I can not understand the belief that if you change the faith you are totally changed, so you ridicule others. In vedas only two divisions were depicted ie. Devas and Danavas. It was never said that any Danava has become Deva. But a few danavs had adopted the faith in God.Even Ravana was a worshiper of Lord Shiva.At the end  when he was dying , he accepted the superiority of Lord Vishnu and even  educated Laxmana on Rajdharma. I feel that doubting the superiority of hinduism is inappropriate and wasting time. I have tried to explain as per my knowledge and understanding of Hinduism.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 3:21PM #55
mhwestlake
Dear Hindu Guy:  You are right, right and right again.  I wish I could get everyone to read "A Course In Miracles," it is sometimes called the Chrisitan Vedanta.  I embraces and promotes the very values of which you speak; and it redeems everyone who wants to listen.  Bless Hindus.  I'm one of those rare birds that calls herself a Hindu Christian, and also I practice a modified version of Jain.  The Christian religion does teach one thing from the Bible: Forgiveness. so we must forgive them and go on being happy, mustn't we.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 3:24PM #56
mhwestlake
[QUOTE=devadasi_gn;370535]Hindu guy,

Althoug I do agree with you on your observations of the practices of other religions, I do not agree with your statement that the world would be better if it was a Hindu or Buddhist  world. It is that same kind of thinking that leads to religious intelerance, and the very intolerance that you are talking about.

Speaking as a Hindu, yes, my faith has taught me that behind all religions is the same truth, but at the same time I have had to struggle with seeing and experiencing the practices of caste discrimation and caste-bases violence.

Yes, I agree that we should teach the values, but not at "Hindu values".  And to answer you question, I do know of people who have converted and dow puts down their former religion. Maybe not the philosophy but def the practices.

devadasi_gn[/QUOTE]
Dear Devadasi: I'm studying caste system and wondering if the individual can find within to work his way to a higher, more enjoyable caste?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 3:33PM #57
mhwestlake
[QUOTE=BALLIRAM MRS;389961]I Am Catholic My Husband Is Hindu I Follow His Faith Because I Want His Values Passed Onto Our Children. I Have Not Converted But Have Read Listened And Learned Much About It. My Question Is Can A Hindu Eat Pork? My Husband Says No He Eats No Beef Or Pork But His Family And Many Hindus I Have Met Do Eat Pork And Say There Is No Reason They Can Not. I Have Read Much About No Eating Beef But I Cant Find Anything On Eating Pork.so My Question Is Do Or Dont Hindus Eat Pork?[/QUOTE]
A true Hindu will eat no animal, and ahimsa (sp?)is real and alive.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 3:35PM #58
mhwestlake
[QUOTE=mhwestlake;447140]Dear Devadasi: I'm studying caste system and wondering if the individual can find within to work his way to a higher, more enjoyable caste?[/QUOTE]
Oh, let me answer that, yes he can.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2010 - 4:05AM #59
kimberley1983

I think that is a generalised comment. I have  mixed marriage. My husband is hindu and is fairly un-interested in the nitty gritty in his religion. I am always making sure he prays everyday and to make sure that he appreciates his culture. I pray to Vishnu, Laksmi, Hanuman & Laksman too now and love finding out more and more about his cultural and religious heritage. I appreciate Hinduism 100%!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2010 - 12:23PM #60
Premnath911

Well, first, i want to say that i did not go trough all the replies posted on this topic, therefor, i don't know for sure that what i want to express here hasn't already been wrote.

Laughing Anyway,

I'll go straight to the point,

to me, the nectar of Hindu values, despite of the fact that most people around the globe understand Hinduism as a Polytheist religion, is... Oneness!

To me, the nectar of Hindu values is the gift of "Oneness"!

It gives to each one of us, "poor and troubled human being" the opportunity to reach and hold to any extremity of the Universe without moving a toe! Cool

... Oneness!... Nothing exists witch is not God! No duality, no exceptions, no second guessing!

No in or out or VIPs!

No before, afters, or maybes!...

Just the One, just God, that's all there is!!! Smile

It is said that with this, as a start and as a vehicle,  one can, when the time is right, reach back and permanently to it... Isn't it the most marvelous and open-minding concept of all?

It can ask us so much focus as in the meantime, will set us free!...

...SmileWink...

Thank You for reading.

Thank You for making me write this.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Wink

Namasté.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook